Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m installing a new bike rack, and as I figured, my parking sensors went off. No big deal - I turn them off with the button and problem solved.

I park, turn off the truck, get some food and get back in. When I turned on the truck, the parking sensor button was no longer “off” however the parking sensors were not going nuts either.

What gives? I’m not complaining - they worked when I pulled into my garage and the front ones went off as I approached the wall, and my rear ones started to go off at the same time (due to bike rack).

Am I missing something here? Should the sensors always be going off unless I turn it off?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe it was the food. What did you eat?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know there is a long term off for the front sensors. I think in forscan you can enable the rear long term off as well. I’ve not tried it and am out of town so I can’t go check now. I’m not sure why they all came back tho.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it was the food. What did you eat?
McDonald's, so that's likely my problem. Thanks for your usual helpfulness. I can't "upvote" your response enough! I'll be sure to "report" your helpfulness to the fine moderation staff of this virtual establishment.

I know there is a long term off for the front sensors. I think in forscan you can enable the rear long term off as well. I’ve not tried it and am out of town so I can’t go check now. I’m not sure why they all came back tho.
I was hoping to not have to use ForScan - I was more curious why it seemed to be off, but then it kicked in when I approached a wall from the front and that triggered the back again (without turning off the parking sensor button).

Looks like I'll have to drive towards a wall and back up to objects to try to figure out what's going on. Sounds like a productive day...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
McDonald's, so that's likely my problem. Thanks for your usual helpfulness. I can't "upvote" your response enough! I'll be sure to "report" your helpfulness to the fine moderation staff of this virtual establishment.
Ford Bronco Parking Sensor Question 1661220226833

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after further investigating, I realized it's likely to do with this bike rack having a trailer wiring harness. When it's plugged in, I believe it automatically turns off the cross-traffic warning and rear bumper sensors, which makes sense. I unplug the rack, and it's back to normal. (y)

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m installing a new bike rack, and as I figured, my parking sensors went off. No big deal - I turn them off with the button and problem solved.

I park, turn off the truck, get some food and get back in. When I turned on the truck, the parking sensor button was no longer “off” however the parking sensors were not going nuts either.

What gives? I’m not complaining - they worked when I pulled into my garage and the front ones went off as I approached the wall, and my rear ones started to go off at the same time (due to bike rack).

Am I missing something here? Should the sensors always be going off unless I turn it off?

There is a way to turn them off in the vehicle settings. The issues is, if you have an older build, the setting doesn't work. I've been told there's a hard software update than can fix it.
Sponsored