First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mountaineer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure this has been covered before but just in case it helps someone (dealer) understand the spare does have tpms sensor. Went for the 1st oil change and tire rotation the other day. Asked for 5 tire rotation. Got a call (expected) from the service rep saying spare doesn't have a sensor. I assured him it did. He said tech couldn't read it with their reset tool. Sent him a link to one of the forms where it stated over and over there was a sensor. He consulted another tech (assuming not just the tire guy) who said since the spare sensor had never been set up on the vehicle the initial procedure to do so was different than a standard relearn procedure. Once they did that it was fine. Just an FYI in case your dealer/tech doesn't realize that. I know that they should but will give them a brake since I can't think of another Ford Vehicle that has an exact tire and wheel spare that can be rotated in and the guy may have never done it before. Anyway, the service rep was very apologetic and said the tech was really embarrassed. Told him don't worry about it. Everyone learned a little something.
Sponsored