Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And a "drunk sensor" is... ?

Like a breathalyzer? There's no way that's put into vehicles as OEM equipment, for the 0.0001% of the population who may need it.
1%?🥴😵💫🥳🤪
Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving is not a privilege, whatever some people and courts might want to claim. Grownups shouldn't want "dad" doling out "privileges".
Maybe in your mind it's not a privilege, paying taxes is not mandatory, many laws can be considered worthless depending on how one wants to interpret them, however laws are there to bring civility to society.. Look at the chaos in society today, imagine what it would be like without the rule of law. Funny how a simple question "Drunk Sensor" exploded into what this thread has become. The mere question of "Drunk Sensor" in a 2024 Bronco holds no weight as they are in production and none have been built with a Breathalyzer. For that fact, not sure why that concern even bothers the OP.

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They already exist so tech is not new. Some people have had them court ordered to be put in their vehicle instead of jail time. As a professional driver of 37+ years I can tell you drunk driving is a bigger problem than people realize. I've seen too much in my almost 4 million miles of trucking. I don't have a problem with it ,if only saves one life it's worth it. I don't respond to comments on my posts so the haters can have at it.
Well, since you offered…. That comment of “if it only saves one life” reminds me of gun control.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said in my other post. Or to quote Ian Malcolm. Life will find a way
BTW raccoons make terrible pets. Based on family experience I can assure you, you will come to regret it. Cute little buggers though.
Can't help but think of this:

Ford Bronco Drunk Sensor ? 1709306791749

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen some speculate that Ford may begin installing drunk sensors in 2024 models ?

Anyone know if the 2024 Broncos are getting the drunk sensor before it's required ?

My theory is it will take them 10 years to work the bugs out of the drunk sensor. So I'm not going to buy a new vehicle for 10 after they deploy. Trying to decide if I need to rush out to choose from the last of the 2023s, or whether I can wait for them to resume production, if they're going to delay deployment of the defective drunk sensors.

It's a question because Ford's CEO has incredibly bad judgment about how to invest the company's limited resources. He may be trying to rush defective drunk sensors into production, because he believes we want defective electronics.
Its not Ford or any other manufacture pushing these insane regulations! My Bronco was recalled by NTSHA because supposedly the seat belts are too hard to fasten, when they are actually no different than any other car I've been in. And we wonder why we are so screwed up!

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the Inflation Reduction Act had in it a requirement for car makers to install "impaired driver" technology by 2025 or 26 (one reason I bought a new Bronco in 23, my first new car in 26 years). I thought I read somewhere that this technology somehow scanned the drivers eyes to determine if they were impaired (it doesn't matter if drunk, high or asleep) so the vehicle would then disable itself safely. I would like to know how this "technology" truly works so it won't disable your vehicle on the highway at 70 mph in traffic if you sneeze or start blinking because you got something in your eye. It would be nice if we could receive some meaningful information before this technology suddenly appears in new cars. I don't think it's going to be a tube you blow into. With marijuana becoming legal in so many states, they were supposed to come up with a way to test a driver like the drunk driving test but most states still don't have a valid test yet. I have a feeling this will get delayed while the tech is still being developed and tested, but who knows how long.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, since you offered…. That comment of “if it only saves one life” reminds me of gun control.
I hate the old quip of "if it saves even one life, it is worth it". That's a purely emotional statement not founded in any logic, and people who present that as their argument show they haven't given much, if any thought to the matter. Driving is certainly a privilege and not a right, but measures like this are the wrong way to combat a problem. Better education and harsher penalties for offenders are a better way to solve many similar issues in the US, but of course doing it the right way takes time, effort, responsibility, and money that the government and people don't want to invest. So daddy government always takes the easy way out and punishes the collective for the bad actions of the few under the guise of it being the greater good.

Just my two cents on a civics thread that is pretty much unrelated to bronco content.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe in your mind it's not a privilege, paying taxes is not mandatory, many laws can be considered worthless depending on how one wants to interpret them, however laws are there to bring civility to society.. Look at the chaos in society today, imagine what it would be like without the rule of law. Funny how a simple question "Drunk Sensor" exploded into what this thread has become. The mere question of "Drunk Sensor" in a 2024 Bronco holds no weight as they are in production and none have been built with a Breathalyzer. For that fact, not sure why that concern even bothers the OP.
Laws are on the books for various reasons. Laws, regulations, taxes etc can be valid and worthwhile ... without having to declare daddy "privileges".

In terms of the drunk sensor situation, maybe things have changed, but when I read about it a year ago, seems like the functionality would be more of an AI that monitors certain driver inputs that correlate with how a drunk driver might operate a vehicle. The AI could display a notification or potentially restrict operation in some way.

I see possible issues with that in particular with an off-road type vehicle, where the driver might have valid reasons to operate in a "not normal" way. Will have to see how it plays out.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
AI implies it would need to be connected to the internet to gain access to a computer that could handle such things - the infotainment system is no where in that ballpark.
So now we are talking about a nonstop data connection to pass the data to be processed.
What could go wrong with attaching that kind of dependency on an offroad biased vehicle
:unsure: :oops::ROFLMAO:

Not to mention bringing us one step closer to accepting our submissive role to our Robot Overlords. :eek::rolleyes:🤣

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
" According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA), research suggests that texting while driving is far more dangerous than drunk driving. The main reason is because of reaction time. "

Disabling cell phones while driving will be next.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
" According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA), research suggests that texting while driving is far more dangerous than drunk driving. The main reason is because of reaction time. "

Disabling cell phones while driving will be next.

One thing I would 100% be behind is to disable the ability to text while driving (asl long as it's just the driver's phone and texting only), calling is completely safe assuming you are using the Bluetooth and why wouldn't you?
But this would be a cellphone function and not a vehicle function, and we all know the cell phone companies don't want to 'add an app for that' or they would already have done it.

Almost every single day I see some a$$hat thinking they can drive and text while their car slows down in the fast lane and starts to drift into the other lane. There is absolutely nothing important enough coming through that text message to cause an accident or death over. If it's that important pull over.

I know, I know, every one thinks they are the exception and that they are safe. I file that in the same place I put smokers who think death and disease only happens to the other guy. You're fine right up until that moment your not.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no drunk sensor in the '24 BBs. Not that I've driven it drunk, nor intend to (paying that much for a 4x4 to make sure I get home when creeks flood the 2 lane FM ...Farm to Market road for non-Texans), but also not saying that I'd trust my dog breath not to set one off the next morning after a night of having a few beers talking to my Marines.
I am so glad that you explained what the heck you meant by “2 lane FM”. Got scared for a moment they were changing to a new radio designation or somethinnother. Then I remembered that I don’t listen to the radio, but then you explained it was Farm to Market and a road no less. Don’t remember them ever covering that in an episode of Yellowstone when down at the 6666 ranch, so I had absolutely no idea there was such a thing.

That’s education for ya right there. :)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See, now I thought the self driving car was gonna fix all this. I could get as hammered as I want and pass out in the back seat while the car drives me home or wherever! These future tech prognosticators keep lying to me! Still don't have a hover car or a robot butler, and I'm not getting any younger!

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Something fishy about this user. Only had two posts prior to starting this thread, and those were back in May and Aug 2022...

Ford Bronco Drunk Sensor ? 1709322231048

This seems to have been happening more on B6G recently and makes me wonder if AI companies are somehow acquiring abandoned user IDs on forums to train their AIs on interacting with actual humans.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.