First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How does one procure a "truck wash guy"?
We have tons of mobile car/truck wash businesses around here (Vegas). They come to your home or office and wash and detail your vehicles.

Most of them are fantastic. The one we use makes sure that every little thing is sparkling when they're done. It looks like a brand new rig, plus he cleans under the hood too. I'm too old to do it myself anymore.

I'll take it to the do it yourself place when we've been in the mud to get the crud off before the wash guys do their thing, but Vegas hasn't had any rain for well over 200 days now.

For regular wash, wax, and detailing, Victor takes care of us. Prices are about the same as taking it to a regular hand car wash.
Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the xterra. I had a 2000 with a few calmini extras. They were one of the few companies that made a lot of great stuff in the early years of the xterra.

Ford Bronco Dust Infiltration Test Video asdf

Ford Bronco Dust Infiltration Test Video asdf

[/QUOTE]
Love that Orange T.

Reactions: RLW

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This thread is five pages long. FIVE.

And not a single person has typed one of my favorite words. Y'all slackin'.

That Bronco made its own HABOOB.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What good is the test without knowing the result. Anyone?
Just because you don’t know the results doesn’t mean the results are not in. Why do you think you are entitled to any test results? Test are not done for “Milamdj”. It would be cool if you knew, then you could share the info.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because you don’t know the results doesn’t mean the results are not in. Why do you think you are entitled to any test results? Test are not done for “Milamdj”. It would be cool if you knew, then you could share the info.
I think if im signed up to buy a 50k car, im entitled to know how it did in pre-production tests.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dust infiltration test. We have put Bronco through a battery of excruciating tests and when I have asked to push harder, Ford has responded by developing new tests and standards to push the limits of off-road.

At first it just looks like a cloud of silt and dirt, but just wait.
Doors and roof off? Can't tell. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Id say the test was a complete success dust got all over it?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I was told is that this is a test mule for the next gen raptor, and also the Bronco R. The Bronco R shares a decent amount of mechanicals with the F-150 raptor as well (steering being one).

Edit; thinking back to my conversation about this with *someone* at ford I’m not sure if I am remembering correctly. I think they told me it was a ford performance bronco so I assumed the R, so it could very well be for the warthog. The front control arms definitely look warthog-esque and the width would make sense.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have tons of mobile car/truck wash businesses around here (Vegas). They come to your home or office and wash and detail your vehicles.

Most of them are fantastic. The one we use makes sure that every little thing is sparkling when they're done. It looks like a brand new rig, plus he cleans under the hood too. I'm too old to do it myself anymore.

I'll take it to the do it yourself place when we've been in the mud to get the crud off before the wash guys do their thing, but Vegas hasn't had any rain for well over 200 days now.

For regular wash, wax, and detailing, Victor takes care of us. Prices are about the same as taking it to a regular hand car wash.
You are so lucky! I don't think that is very common where I live, sadly.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know for a fact that changes DO come from tests like these...as I am working on a change right now due to failure at one of these extreme tests...but it passed on the 'normal' testing. So I say keep testing these things to expose more areas/parts for potential improvements.

I can agree with that I saw an interview with Brad Lovell and he said about testing in Moab earlier and they weren't going over big enough obstacles so Ford to them to go over bigger stuff. Brad said they damaged the gas tank skid plate. So Ford reinforced the skid to make it stronger.

just putting that out there to confirm what you are stating for the record. A lot of doubters around lately. (y)(y)

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We got that powdered sugar texture dirt out here in parts outside of Vegas. When you come up on that stuff it’s like the desert exploded around you. The dirt splashes up like water and blinds you. I once stopped and check this out, you can’t feel the dirt when you step on it. Your foot just makes a “poof“ and it disappears In the dirt under you.
I can agree with that I saw an interview with Brad Lovell and he said about testing in Moab earlier and they weren't going over big enough obstacles so Ford to them to go over bigger stuff. Brad said they damaged the gas tank skid plate. So Ford reinforced the skid to make it stronger.

just putting that out there to confirm what you are stating for the record. A lot of doubters around lately. (y)(y)
The quality of the skids, sliders, and the bumpers are probably one of the most important things to me.

Nissan pro-4X models come with skids, but they are the thickness of cookie sheets. Their side steps are horrible, one tap on a rock, and they are dented and twist.

Hate to pay for the upgraded versions, and end up taking the truck to a fabricator to make real ones that can actually handle rock crawling.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For all you guys who put K&N air filters in your vehicle's, don't do it. Lol
Sponsored