Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s china what do you expect. Not saying it’s okay but maybe Ford should get a move on on putting out accessories and getting people Broncos.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not trust does tow hooks too much if pulling a heavy load. Just don't say it too loud that it was build in China....:unsure:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would not trust does tow hooks too much if pulling a heavy load. Just don't say it too loud that it was build in China....:unsure:
Why would you pull a heavy load with the front of the vehicle? Thought they were more for recovery than anything. And let’s be honest, most things are built in China. Don’t get me wrong we have some great American made stuff here, but do we even know where the OEM mod bumper is made?

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The people need to know.
The number OP provided used to work, when searched on Ebay. It appears the listing has been taken down as it no longer comes up when searched :(

Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The number OP provided used to work, when searched on Ebay. It appears the listing has been taken down as it no longer comes up when searched :(
Apparently when I was reading this thread, many had responded and at the time it was not posted... weird, but I found it.

New question is, how long did it take to arrive?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The MT was built in China I believe and it seems to be an example of fine Chinese quality so the tow hooks are probably just as bombproof?

Reactions: Los

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Google it and you'll get the listing. There aren't any available at the moment, so it probably isn't showing up on ebay. ;)

I'd like the OEM mod bumper, but waiting for one to pop up locally at a better price than $1K

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How was removing the old bumper?

OP
OP

Tfly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How was removing the old bumper?
It's a very simple swap. Remove the plastic covers, remove four bumper bolts, remove wire loom and fogs, reinstall wire loom and bolt new bumper to frame. In terms of install time, probably took me longer to trim and reinstall the plastic skid plate but I'm anal about that kind of stuff.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took the plunge and bought one off eBay since I wasn't sniffing any locally. The trick is don't pay what they are asking, all the sellers have a "make offer", first vendor rejected my offer but the second took $650 with free shipping. Can't complain, quality seems to be decent as the OP pointed out. Packaging was good and the bumper arrived the same day as the estimated delivery on eBay. I had a mod bumper on my 2dr BL, took the bull bar and Oracle fog lights off when I sold it. Both of these bolted right up no problem on the eBay bumper. And yes the end caps come off. I'll be curious to see the bumper side by side with a Ford mod bumper but man it looks really close. The one big difference is the bolts, they don't say "Bronco" on them. 😁

For installation I followed a video some guy posted on installing a mod bumper. I followed all the steps and everything with the Ford mod bumper corresponded with the eBay bumper so the internals were same. It does come with the plastic plug mounts for the sensors so I didn't have to remove them from the old bumper. It replaced my capable bumper which I guess I'll need to sell now. It's amazing how light the capable bumper is compared to the mod. I could easily handle the capable by myself but I needed the wife to help me lift and position the mod. It actually feels like steel.

Ford Bronco Ebay Mod Bumper E948F478-A6E8-463A-AE98-DD24DB8A4C05_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Ebay Mod Bumper 26EF99F3-8AAA-4779-9932-6A7D5E1FB50A_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Ebay Mod Bumper 0E417DB4-9D2F-42DA-BD4B-970B31F5EB6B_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Ebay Mod Bumper 59C80C83-30A8-41AB-BD9F-2CF32C871390_1_105_c

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried getting one for that price and couldn’t get any to bite. Do the end caps come off like the OEM mod bumper?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried getting one for that price and couldn’t get any to bite. Do the end caps come off like the OEM mod bumper?
Keep hitting the various vendors, try going up $10 or $15, you never know. I never took the end caps off the OEM mod I had on my 2dr but I did take off the driver side on the eBay mod and it follows the same procedure as you would the OEM. I was thinking about replacing the end caps with the RTR tubular end caps and since everything else has bolted up no problem so far I'm guess these will as well.
Sponsored