Ferd

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all, newbie here. Just got a ‘24 Outer Banks, which is mostly a road vehicle, replacing a ‘20 Outback. I’t’s kind of a late life rebellion vehicle (i’m an old guy) without the perils of a Mustang GT. Open air and the potential of winding through the woods. Definitely NOT going rock climbing in NH or Moab, though (at the moment).

Anyway, the question is about winter operation in Northeast, A.K.A. the middle of the NY Snowbelt, and specifically about pulling out of ditches in rural settings. I have a Warn 3700 winch which was bought years ago and used about 4 times to pull my tractor out of some nasty situations, like blue clay up to the belly. Will that be adequate to pull the Bronco out? I have a correct snatch block for the winch. What else will I need? Recovery straps? How long?

I’m asking because most winch discussion is about 10k to 12k drag you up the nastiest grade installations, and I don’t want to go that far. Will my puny winch work for ditch dragging If I have the correct additional recovery tools, and what are they? Thanks!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Emergency Winter Winch - Warn 3700 1000014593

It could, but I would really make sure that it is well serviced and the snatch block is in good shape.

Maybe I am a bit overly cautious, but I got my gear at Factor55. We all saw the recent fatal winching incidents plastered all over YouTube and social media.

Reactions: rws

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends on how stuck you are, and how good you are at pulley math. :wink:

Obviously your OuterBanks weighs more than your winch is rated for, but you can over come that with more line and doubling back and forth with snatch blocks .. it's just physics. It will take more time, but assuming the circumstances allows you to set it up properly, in theory you should be fine.
Sponsored

Reactions: rws