First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not saying anything like turning or rocks as the cause. The fuel pump, the low pressure one, is inside the tank so a rock isn't going to knock it dead. Pure bad luck is the root cause in my opinion.
I see- thank you for sharing

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Was the air filter wet?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn’t be surprised if the puddle you hit is completely unrelated to the problem. From your description it sounds like a fuel issue.
Agreed. I've never heard of a puddle taking down a Bronco. If it's true then God help us all.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you air down before taking on the puddle?
I originally was thinking issue with water tight connector, but since you tried the next day after giving time to dry off, that is ruled out in my book. The puddle may just be a coincidence to something else crazy happening.
You didn't happen to have recently filled up with diesel, did you?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn’t be surprised if the puddle you hit is completely unrelated to the problem. From your description it sounds like a fuel issue.
My thoughts exactly, I think the puddle has nothing to do with the issue, sounds like a dying fuel pump.

Keep us posted please.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all- wanted to get the community's thoughts on this:

Last week, I was driving to work (2-door 7spd Badlands Non-Sas), someone was tailgating me a bit so I move over to the right lane, and I also had to make a right turn anyways. Shortly up ahead there's a decent-sized puddle from rain earlier that morning. I didn't think much of it, I had gone through puddles like this before, I probably go through it doing 30-35 mph. Water splashes up a bit, I hit the wipers, etc. I continue a couple hundred yards, but as I'm completing the right-hand turn I feel it lose power (engine was still on), and it revs a bit with it still in 2nd gear. Uh oh. My first thought was that I was lugging it a bit so I downshift into 1st, same thing. Then I'm not able to move, and the engine stalls out- at the same time I get one message on my display screen: "Full Accessory Power Active". That's it. I'm unable to start it back up. Foot on the clutch, press the button, it turns, starts to fire up, but immediately sounds bogged down and I feel the fuel pump cut. I try it again, same thing. Waited about 15-20 minutes, tried it again, same thing. Towed to the dealership that morning, they never were able to get to it that day. I went there after work and tried it just to see if it had dried out or something. Same thing. Note, no check engine light, nothing saying power steering unavailable or 4x4 unavailable- only the "Full Accessory Power Active" message.

Any thoughts?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP
Bmisk19

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: dealer was able to get it fixed by replacing the fuel pump and the module for the fuel pump
Sponsored