First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I got my 2 door Base Sasquatch back mid Feb, man do I love this thing! I got the 2.3 auto, mod bumper and aux switches, nothing fancy but wanted the Sasquatch package so I waited my turn and received it around 2 years after ordering. I wanted to change out the tires immediately but w/ the combo from the factory (light tires + heavy wheels), I was worried about adding 20+ lbs of additional weight per tire by just upgrading to some beefier meats so I decided to get the wheels also. I've seen a few people on here running 16" wheels on 1st Edition, Sasquatch Broncos and liked the idea / look so that is what I bought. I dont plan on going to 37" tires anytime soon so I purchased some of the cheapest / lightest wheels I could find (ION 171 - 16x8 w/ -5mm offset) $130.00 per wheel and 20lbs. The tires I went with are the RAZR MTs in 315/75R16. The combined weight is only 4lbs more than the factory setup so I was pleased with that. I did find out yesterday when the shop was mounting the wheels that the front wheels would scrub the brake pad bracket / caliper so they installed a 1/4" spacer on the fronts and everything works like it should, good clearance, etc. I am still up in the air how I feel about the spacers because I thought I would be in clear and not need them but at this point it is what it is. Just wanted to let anyone know who might be thinking what about purchasing 16x8 wheels, this could happen. Looking back through the forum it looks like 0 offset might be the sweet spot to avoid adding the spacer. The poke is a about what I was going for and its hard for me to tell a difference from front to back even though I know the fronts have a spacer. I will just keep check on the lug nuts and wont be sending it to hard.

2023 EG Base w/ Sasquatch
35% window tint all around
16x8 Ion Alloy 171
Maxxis RAZR MT 315/75R16

Ford Bronco Eruption Green Basesquatch on 315/75r16 Drtered
Ford Bronco Eruption Green Basesquatch on 315/75r16 Closer long back
Ford Bronco Eruption Green Basesquatch on 315/75r16 Long back
Ford Bronco Eruption Green Basesquatch on 315/75r16 Poke
Ford Bronco Eruption Green Basesquatch on 315/75r16 Tire
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like the smaller wheels and big tires. It looks more like the ford.com configurator picture 😂

Lock

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that wheel and tire combo look great! We have basically the same truck but my cheap ass refuses to spend the money on new wheels and tires. Maybe in a few years.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I got my 2 door Base Sasquatch back mid Feb, man do I love this thing! I got the 2.3 auto, mod bumper and aux switches, nothing fancy but wanted the Sasquatch package so I waited my turn and received it around 2 years after ordering. I wanted to change out the tires immediately but w/ the combo from the factory (light tires + heavy wheels), I was worried about adding 20+ lbs of additional weight per tire by just upgrading to some beefier meats so I decided to get the wheels also. I've seen a few people on here running 16" wheels on 1st Edition, Sasquatch Broncos and liked the idea / look so that is what I bought. I dont plan on going to 37" tires anytime soon so I purchased some of the cheapest / lightest wheels I could find (ION 171 - 16x8 w/ -5mm offset) $130.00 per wheel and 20lbs. The tires I went with are the RAZR MTs in 315/75R16. The combined weight is only 4lbs more than the factory setup so I was pleased with that. I did find out yesterday when the shop was mounting the wheels that the front wheels would scrub the brake pad bracket / caliper so they installed a 1/4" spacer on the fronts and everything works like it should, good clearance, etc. I am still up in the air how I feel about the spacers because I thought I would be in clear and not need them but at this point it is what it is. Just wanted to let anyone know who might be thinking what about purchasing 16x8 wheels, this could happen. Looking back through the forum it looks like 0 offset might be the sweet spot to avoid adding the spacer. The poke is a about what I was going for and its hard for me to tell a difference from front to back even though I know the fronts have a spacer. I will just keep check on the lug nuts and wont be sending it to hard.

2023 EG Base w/ Sasquatch
35% window tint all around
16x8 Ion Alloy 171
Maxxis RAZR MT 315/75R16

Sweet wheels. Tint looks perfect and you've got the best Bronco color too :) Thanks so much for blessing us with these photos!

OP
OP
cwh78

cwh78

Black Diamond
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up going back to stock, I didn't like the feel of the MTs and the negative offset (probably around -12 up front with spacer), it made it drive like a Jeep, lol. For now I am sticking with the stock set up. The stock setup is so nimble and has plenty of juice with the 2.3, not sure if I will change for a while. The Goodyears aren't that bad to me (no gravel) and this set up seems to ride really well. I may change eventually but for now just try to sell the 16" wheels, Walmart took the tires back so only out a few hundred bucks.

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the look of 35s on 16in wheels.
Sponsored