First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You said you like mountain biking.. did you get a bike carrier or does your bike fit in back with your rear seat delete? I also ride but I didn’t get the tow package on my build so I was curious if a 29’r will fit back there with no seats?
don’t think you could fit a 29Er back there. Still not deep enough. I have a 1up rack.
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build 70548D23-4707-4DD5-9DEF-FACFCE6EAE8C
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build B823828A-647F-4F5F-A53D-436412ABFAFD
Sponsored

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had to fix a bridge on one of my local mtb trails so was able to sneak around the cement barrier and get my bronco out about a 100 yards up the trail to make getting my tools and wood in a lot easier so some off roading today 😜👍 It’s seen dirt.

Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build F6AA255D-37E4-41F5-B638-D61546E8635D

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well audio is done at least for now. Finally got it back to the shop to get the calibration done. The subs weren’t getting a proper signal for some reason and weren’t really contributing much. Even though they should not have they had to add some sort of interface prior to the sub amp. After that all was good. So kickers were calibrated and with the dual audio frog 12” sub it sounds fantastic. Did Audiofrogs in the dash and footwells too. I will upgrade the rears if someone comes out with. We pods so I can fit 6.5s back there. Overall the upgrade from stock is massive. Very happy with all the changes I did and it was worth losing some of the space I gained in the rear seat delete adding the sub.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great build thread! @SaMcRo89 I have a 4 dr and putting a bike in the back with the seats down requires front wheel off, can lay on its side...so I figure a 2dr is going to have to have more parts removed. With the 4dr, I could almost fab up a fork mount for it to stay upright, but the seat rubs the overhead crossbar and I dont want to have to take a wheel off and lower my seat unless I'm parking it and keeping the bike inside...so I keep a rack on most of the time.
Great use of space, I love music too and am trying to find a stealth option for a sub setup.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did some work building my platform.

starting to box in the sub box next it will look built in and have a shelf on top. going to wrap it in black marine vinyl.

753C5ABC-C0DB-4D0F-8F9B-33D8C44E52DF.jpeg
This looks great! I think all of us two door seat delete guys need to petition Builtright to make full length panels for the 2 door. I will agree with a couple others that that sub box is large. A single 10” sub offset to one corner would provide me all the bass I’d want in the small cab while taking up 1/3 of the space. I’d still be inclined to go with a box in the OEM location to save the space.

looks great for sure - has anyone done a one seat delete - maening leaving one extra seat back there in case you need to fit an extra? wondering if that might be good compromise - keep an extra seat while increasing cargo space?
This is where I’m at right now. I had to fit two full size suitcases and two carry ons in my Bronco a couple weeks ago to take two people to the airport. I‘m 6’4” so I can’t fold the base of the seat forward to drop the rear of the seat foot. It’s only two bolts to remove the base entirely, then the back goes flat. Two full size suitcases stacked on the back of the folded seat, two roller carry ons in the cargo area.

Nobody is ever going to sit behind me, so I’m looking at removing the back as well and building a platform. Something needs to be done to constrain the cargo in that removed seat area, but it shouldn’t be taller than an arm rest for the remaining seat would need to be. My buddy’s son is 8 and can easily use the other rear seat, but the look of all that space is appealing. I need to fit my ARB fridge and regular cargo for a trip. My wife and I are looking at going to Off Rodeo in New Hampshire soon, so both seats will probably come out for that.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This looks great! I think all of us two door seat delete guys need to petition Builtright to make full length panels for the 2 door. I will agree with a couple others that that sub box is large. A single 10” sub offset to one corner would provide me all the bass I’d want in the small cab while taking up 1/3 of the space. I’d still be inclined to go with a box in the OEM location to save the space.
it is a bit large lol. Even 1 12” is probably plenty. i Could have built my own box and gained 4-5” depth but was easier just to go with a prebuilt box And they were either really shallow or 12” deep like this one. Someday maybe I will change to a single 12” and change it up.

for now the space works great for my needs. It’s about 1” deeper than the 4-door cargo space. I also have a lot of room on the shelf over the sub. It can hold 2 carry on suitcases or equivalent. I want to get a metal shelf for there but waiting for some Black Friday specials at this point. I can easily fit a large cooler, box with mtb gear and a suitcase back there with space to spare. It’s all eld in place with double sided tape so changes would not be too difficult in the future.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I ask why the Audio Frog GS42 instead of the GS10? I’ve been leaning towards a component system for the front with the mids in the kick panel and just a tweeter in the dashboard. Are you happy with the amount of midrange from the dashboard and balance of the front stage? I was thinking it might be too much with full midrange up there. I don’t care about rear staging, so I should probably order another plugandplaykits harness to biamp the fronts using the internal crossover in the amp.

is the Key 500.1 enough for the dual 12” subs?

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can I ask why the Audio Frog GS42 instead of the GS10? I’ve been leaning towards a component system for the front with the mids in the kick panel and just a tweeter in the dashboard. Are you happy with the amount of midrange from the dashboard and balance of the front stage? I was thinking it might be too much with full midrange up there. I don’t care about rear staging, so I should probably order another plugandplaykits harness to biamp the fronts using the internal crossover in the amp.

is the Key 500.1 enough for the dual 12” subs?
with regards to front soundstage I am very new to car audio. tons of experience with home setups but never done an audio install. I wasn’t totally clear how to create a component front so tried to stay more plug n play from a sizing perspective. The GS42 sound really, really good. I am very happy with the front sound stage.
the 500.1 has plenty of juice for the dual subs. There was one issue with the signal that gave the installers fits. They were saying the amp wasn’t getting a clean or consistent signal from the harness so I needed some sort of box between the. But once that was in place it was all good.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here are a few better pics of the completed rear storage area. The sub box is 12” deep as an FYI. Also I removed the cig lighter and replaced it with a USB port in the back behind the molle panel.

Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build D590231A-A5C5-4C80-BC46-1EE527E71E66
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build 90993B5F-804D-49D2-B39E-7E4D22333383
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build D679BCE3-59C3-4391-BB33-BD4F9E48F1E3
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build 7020F74C-9124-4C01-AC83-DA89F0D7AE9F

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just found your build thread most excellent. You said you removed the bead locks did you just paint the lip and did you put the bolts back in? Mine are all banged from rock crawling Can you post a close up a rim. Thanks

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

don’t think you could fit a 29Er back there. Still not deep enough. I have a 1up rack.
can confirm and use 1UP. a 27.5 has no shot with the front wheel off. you could fit it with both wheels off but i'm not doing that.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just found your build thread most excellent. You said you removed the bead locks did you just paint the lip and did you put the bolts back in? Mine are all banged from rock crawling Can you post a close up a rim. Thanks
I did not paint anything. Wheels are fully black underneath. I did not put the screws back in.
Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build 8E447823-09E2-4C47-B7DF-4AAD15BC01AC

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, I pulled one of my rings off and found that the black finish did not go to the edge, strange.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So figured I would start a thread to log some of my progress on my build. It will be a fairly modest build by the standards in this forum. I am starting with the following.

2 Door
Big Bend
Sasquach
Mid package
Signature lights
10-speed auto
Factory roof rack
Yakima SUP rack
Eruption Green

Ford Bronco My eruption green 2-Door build 8E447823-09E2-4C47-B7DF-4AAD15BC01AC

I have no plans on changing anything with the suspension. I got the SAS so I could have a good factory setup that is more than enough for my needs. Not a lot of real off road terrain in the CT area so it will see almost all the time on the concrete. I am an avid mountain biker so it will be handy for getting me to all my favorite trailheads an I plan on building it out to support my riding adventures.

With that in mind here is what I have purchased, added so far.

Mabbett mud flaps - a SAS must. I have only installed the front so far and probably will not install the rears.
Blackout rear horse
blackout rear ford logo
Mabbett Front bull bar
Mabbett center organizer
Draw-tit Class 3 Rear Hitch
1up Bike rack
1up rack attach

I have also removed the beauty rings around the SAS wheels which I like the look of better. I have also deleted the rear seats and will be building out a custom storage area for storing all my riding gear.
I am also doing a full audio replacement with the following
Kicker KEY 200.4 amp
Kicker KEY 500.1 bass amp
Audiofrog GS42 - dash
Audiofrog GS60 - kick panels
Audiofrog GS12D2x2 sub drivers - building custom enclosure

I have a new grill on the way in the form of the Xipex Matt Black and will install the oracle light up letters into the new grill, Also oracle fogs will be coming

So I guess a little bigger build than I thought lol. Cant wait, after waiting 2 years for this thing fun to get started on making it my own.
2doors are king! Looks amazing.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, I pulled one of my rings off and found that the black finish did not go to the edge, strange.
That is really weird. And sounds wrong. Maybe reach out to dealer.
Sponsored