Sponsored

Everglades more noise on passenger side due to snorkel?

Bronco luv

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Anybody with the Everglades notice more wind noise on the passenger side, possibly due to the snorkel? I also tried to install a sunrider, but the noise of the flapping on that side was too much so I removed itšŸ˜©
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I donā€™t have an Everglades - I do have an Everglades snorkel. So same thing in regards to your question. The answer is ā€Oh hell yeah!ā€

Do you have your intake facing forward or rearward? Mine is rearward facing and every time I roll the passenger window down I can hear it sucking air. But not with window rolled up. Or not with just the driverā€™s window down.

With all that said keep in mind Iā€™ve got the V6 motor not the 4 banger. So YMMV

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I donā€™t have an Everglades - I do have an Everglades snorkel. So same thing in regards to your question. The answer is ā€Oh hell yeah!ā€

Do you have your intake facing forward or rearward? Mine is rearward facing and every time I roll the passenger window down I can hear it sucking air. But not with window rolled up. Or not with just the driverā€™s window down.

With all that said keep in mind Iā€™ve got the V6 motor not the 4 banger. So YMMV

Show us a picture... Love to see it

Sponsored

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Itā€™s not cheap but, at least to this beholdinā€™ eye, it is the best looking snorkel on the market for the Bronco.

Couple of things I learned for others considering this path:

1. If you have hood struts - donā€™t be like me. REMOVE THE PASSENGER SIDE STRUT BEFORE CLOSING YOUR HOOD!! The hood strut will not clear the snorkel components under the hood. Assuming Everglades people would have the same problem so be warned. I bent my hood out of alignment slightly by slamming it shut first time after installing the snorkel. So far, the hood stays up with just the driverā€™s side strut. Iā€™m sure as the strut ages this will change. Then, Iā€™ll just swap the removed passenger strut in itā€™s place.

2. Cheap trick: The external snorkel WILL bolt in place without having to cut a hole in the fender or install under-hood components. So if you want to rock the ā€œfake snorkelā€ for a while and save up your money for the rest, just get the snorkel, the a-pillar bracket and the cowling bracket and install it. Youā€™ll get the snorkel look for half the price and none of the stress.

3. Speaking of stress, cutting the fender was stressful at the time I was doing it. But looking back after the factā€¦.it was not that bad. The snorkel is oversized so if you are a little off on your cut line nobodyā€™s going to know. Take your time. Measure 3 times - cut once. The stress will only last until you are done and realize it was really no problem.

EDIT: and oh, bringing it back on topic for this threadā€¦.donā€™t do this if you are noise sensitive. The sucking air sound doesnā€™t bother me at all. But Iā€™ve read too many posts on this forum about the MIC hard top air leaks. So I just know some of you out there are uber anal about noises. You know who you are. The snorkel is probably not for you.

OP
OP
Bronco luv

Bronco luv

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Show us a picture... Love to see it

okay!! I may change the plates and see if that helps! What about car wash do you go through them?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

okay!! I may change the plates and see if that helps! What about car wash do you go through them?
Non-snorkel vehicles have the air intakes much lower AND forward facing. Would you worry about them in a car wash? Or highway driving during a hard Florida downpour?

There is a certain amount of moisture that can be trapped by the filter. Enough to overwhelm this system and you'd pretty much either have to have a directed spray right into the air intake or be underwater. Chances of either happening would be lower with a snorkel vs. without.

You're good.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It should be noisier. Itā€™s comparable to sticking a 4x4 wooden post out of the passenger window.

Sponsored

CitrusBronco

Everglades
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former 72 & 73 Bronco driver, f250 7.3 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Windows up, no noise caused by the snorkel that I can hear from drivers or passenger seat. Do have occasional wind noise on passages rear door, sometimes it does not seal properly is my guess still working that out.

CitrusBronco

Everglades
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former 72 & 73 Bronco driver, f250 7.3 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Also swapped my snorkel intake to the back, lots of water in FL. Made this cover out of aluminum, fits much nicer. Coated with Cerakote, might go for darker shade of Green later when I add some graphics to this panel. I kind of like the lighter color though. I am a certified applicator so anything that starts to rust will get Cerakote.
Ford Bronco Everglades more noise on passenger side due to snorkel? 37BE6AE4-5C42-480A-B546-955708FDB34C
Sponsored