First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 21 BL 2.3lmt. was getting a rattle type noise from underneath the bronco on acceleration and when cold. They came back to me and said it needs a new muffler inlet pipe. Not sure where that is in relationship to the exhaust system. Was wondering if anybody could tell me where that is exactly and would any aftermarket exhaust system like the Roush or Borla fix the problem. They mentioned that the parts for that are not available yet. not sure when they will be. but I wouldn't hate it if I had to get a beefier exhaust system. wasn't planning on it so soon. But that would justify for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exhaust on newer vehicles almost never goes bad. This is the first I've heard of on a Bronco so far. The rattle is likely a baffle or some other part inside that had a weld break. That is, unless it has physical damage.

I would let Ford pay for new exhaust and find someone who has an aft mkt installed so you can hear before you throw something on and hate it's guts.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inlet pipe? Looking at parts and trying to figure out what they're calling the inlet. If it's a MB3Z-5A212-B yes, it's BO. You can blame where you live for the delay because the 50 state emission pipes are available.

OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know right. The emissions here is a joke. prob have to develop a special part for the CARB legalities

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya mine is the inlet pipe which I guess is located in the front of the vehicle. still waiting on the part. Backordered and its low priority because its not causing any other damage. its just annoying.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine definitely rattles and sounds awful when cold, but I have not asked the dealer to take a look yet.
Hey, _jt! I would like to look into this rattling noise you’re experiencing with your Bronco. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

BroncoJerm

Badlands
First Name
Jerame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRF450x, 2014 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine definitely rattles and sounds awful when cold, but I have not asked the dealer to take a look yet.
Yeah I have the same issue, but it’s only half the times I start it. I plan on taking it in to have it looked at.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exhaust on newer vehicles almost never goes bad. This is the first I've heard of on a Bronco so far. The rattle is likely a baffle or some other part inside that had a weld break. That is, unless it has physical damage.

I would let Ford pay for new exhaust and find someone who has an aft mkt installed so you can hear before you throw something on and hate it's guts.
Great advice. After market systems on 4 cylinder turbos have a sound that not all may life.

_jt

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't looked at how the exhaust is constructed, but I can say the sound reminds me of when I've had exhaust "donut" gaskets wear out in the past. Kind of a metallic chirp/creak/rattle.

Sponsored

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me too, rattles when cold when revving, warmed up no rattle. Been waiting to hear this on the forums because maybe I'm hyper sensitive to something that is more normal NVH... because of no engine cover etc

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey fellow 2.3 Bronco Owners and @fordmotorcompany
I have a similar issue - colds start rattle from the engine and a cold engine “knock”. I have about 2400 miles on my Base-squatch. Had the shop foreman at my dealer drive it and his comments “ there’s definitely a noise there that will get your attention” Unfortunately, he did not know what the cause was and found nothing in OASIS. Suggested it might be timing related - I’m only running 93 despite the prices now. If I found out more I will let you know.

Still love my Bronco - the engine noise is disconcerting...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey fellow 2.3 Bronco Owners and @fordmotorcompany
I have a similar issue - colds start rattle from the engine and a cold engine “knock”. I have about 2400 miles on my Base-squatch. Had the shop foreman at my dealer drive it and his comments “ there’s definitely a noise there that will get your attention” Unfortunately, he did not know what the cause was and found nothing in OASIS. Suggested it might be timing related - I’m only running 93 despite the prices now. If I found out more I will let you know.

Still love my Bronco - the engine noise is disconcerting...
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

HamAndCheese73

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same thing with mine. '21 Base 2.3 MT. Definitely seems to be at least partially temperature related. Doesn't happen every time and usually goes away after warming up. It doesn't sound like anything critical, just a low rattle/meshing sound coming from the underside. But I too was waiting to see if anyone on here had the same issues, so hopefully someone can report back after the dealer replaces the inlet pipe or whatever, to say if it fixed the noise or not.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Anyone found anything out yet? Or is it normal for this hamster wheel of a motor it has in it?
Sponsored