Sponsored

Expert lift and wheels offset feedback needed (to fit 37's on Badlands Sasquatch)

OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, 2dr, Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also didn't mention, I did not do the JKS max tire kit, but I did cut back my crash bar frame nubs a bit. It didnt hit them sitting static before I did , but wanted to make sure when Flexing it wouldn't rub if turning.

I also have Tie rod sleeves and Steering Rack bushing.... these are all things to consider when going larger tires. I will upgrade the Rack at some point, and am looking at Rad Flo or similiar Coil overs that will allow me to stay stock height or level the front an inch. ( Rad Flo has Stock Length coil overs, as well as extended travel which are longer like other makes of aftermarket coil overs.)

Just things to look into and consider. There are a lot of threads in the Suspension and steering section to read through.
Good stuff, I am looking at doing the Max Tire Kit and maybe the DV8 inner fender liners to gain all the space I can. I would like to keep any lift to a minimum as well. Oh, and what model of MAXXIX RAZRs are you running?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would recommend you keep the factory Sas wheels and get the Ford Performance beadlock rings ($800). Get 4 of whatever 37" tire you want ($2,000). Do away with the spare and carry a large inner tube instead ($40). Perch collar lift of 1.5" is all you need ($250). You install the perch collars yourself (Free)? Pay ($600-$1,200) for shop to install perch collars. JKS Max Clearance kit ($200). No idea how much a shop would charge ($400???). Do the JKS kit yourself (Free). Rough Country steering bushing kit ($50 + $20 boot clamps). 4-wheel professional alignment after you're done ($100).

You're looking at $3,460 doing everything yourself over multiple weekends or nearly $5,000 paying a shop to do it. This is the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL CHEAPEST OPTION that doesn't cause you other issues with CV's. Every other option will cost you more money. You don't need UCA's or rear track bars yet.

Sell off your Goodyear tires ($600?) and beauty rings ($200?) to make some of the money back.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2022 2dr Badlands Sasquatch and am thinking of running 37s, how much lift do I need? How would switching out the wheels to something with zero offset change the amount of left needed?
You can keep sasquatch wheels with BFG-sized 37x12.50's by adding 0.75" BORA wheel spacers, but you'll need to trim the 4 front crash bar stubs with angle grinder. JKS kit not required.

Then you may need to limit up-travel, depending on offroad needs. Fender clearance is only guaranteed by the compression bump stop (coilover minimum compressed length), but some lift types lessen the risk (more compression force needed before tire hits body).

You can add a strut spacer lift, which increases the fully-compressed clearance while maintaining the same badlands wheel travel (at expense of worse max tierod and CV angles). Or you can go with a preload lift (or longer replacement spring), which reduces risk of rub at expense of less wheel down-travel, but doesn't increase max tierod/CV angles or guarantee clearance at full compression. There are also combo spacer+preload kits for 37" (Zone/Icon ~3").

As far as I know, the only aftermarket coilover to explicitly support 37" is Icon stage3+ (front and rear bump stops can be configured for 35" or 37"). Most aftermarket coilovers have 35" bump stops, so some risk of contact in extremes (same as preload lift).

Steering upgrades should be considered with 37's, especially for lifts with increased droop.

The 2dr looks great with 37's and 2.5" lift.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good stuff, I am looking at doing the Max Tire Kit and maybe the DV8 inner fender liners to gain all the space I can. I would like to keep any lift to a minimum as well. Oh, and what model of MAXXIX RAZRs are you running?
They are the Maxxis AT 37s. I believe their Mud tire 37s are bigger. They are a great tire, great ride, pretty quiet, and have great traction off road.

This is a thread I posted on my trip to Sand Hollow last fall.... like I said ...I know it can be done.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...at-sand-hollow-plan-b-and-double-sammy.56112/
Sponsored