Sponsored

Expert lift and wheels offset feedback needed (to fit 37's on Badlands Sasquatch)

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, 2dr, Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 2dr Badlands Sasquatch and am thinking of running 37s, how much lift do I need? How would switching out the wheels to something with zero offset change the amount of left needed?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BobsBronco

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2dt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just put 39s on my base with a 5" lift and +20mm offset 17" wheels. not sure how that would translate to 37s on your sasquatch package which is already lifted a little. NO tire scrubbing with the +20mm offset on my build.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 2dr Badlands Sasquatch and am thinking of running 37s, how much lift do I need? How would switching out the wheels to something with zero offset change the amount of left needed? View attachment 526604
By all accounts for a 12.5" (or less) wide tire...2" to 2.5" of lift on a 0mm to +18mm offset wheel. IMO proper lift over 2" would include coil overs, new UCAs and adjustable rear track bar. Would also be prudent to install steering rack bushings and upgrade/brace tie rods.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 2dr Badlands Sasquatch and am thinking of running 37s, how much lift do I need? How would switching out the wheels to something with zero offset change the amount of left needed? View attachment 526604
When you say “how much lift do I need” 
 to do what? 
 a lift just to eliminate most rubbing driving to work, or actually a functional lift for wheeling?

Even with a 3” lift in front you’ll have to address rubbing. If you’re just getting 37s for looks, get some perches, run BFG K02s ( shortest 37) , and stick with a positive offset wheel. Otherwise search the forums, there are many posts of what Coilover/UCA options there are, and what you will need to do to address rubbing with 37s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you say “how much lift do I need” 
 to do what? 
 a lift just to eliminate most rubbing driving to work, or actually a functional lift for wheeling?

Even with a 3” lift in front you’ll have to address rubbing. If you’re just getting 37s for looks, get some perches, run BFG K02s ( shortest 37) , and stick with a positive offset wheel. Otherwise search the forums, there are many posts of what Coilover/UCA options there are, and what you will need to do to address rubbing with 37s.
Ah, yes, I guess that needs some qualification. I want to lift it so that I can run 37s and also retain, if not improve on, all the Bronco's current capabilities.

Sponsored

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ah, yes, I guess that needs some qualification. I want to lift it so that I can run 37s and also retain, if not improve on, all the Bronco's current capabilities.
Then plan to spend some money on suspension !! And do some cutting đŸ€Ł

OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then plan to spend some money on suspension !! And do some cutting đŸ€Ł
Thanks, but I was looking for something more helpful.

OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe he was referring to something like the big tire clearance kit.

Cut crash bar brackets
Right, I've been looking into a big tire clearance kit. Sounds like a good idea.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, I've been looking into a big tire clearance kit. Sounds like a good idea.
I'm no expert on any of this stuff
Lots of people on here who are way more knowledgeable than me

Sponsored

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, but I was looking for something more helpful.
Ohhh 
 then here is MY summary answer to your question, it’s what I have. You can certainly go with less expensive pieces parts. Short answer is a “lift” and wheel choice isn’t all that you will need to run 37s if you want it really functional off road.

Fox 2.5 coilovers, Camburg UCAs and Camburg trailing arms. Keep in mind anything over 3.5 lift in the front and youre asking for certain tie rod and CV joint issues if you really flex your truck. Pick a tire and pick a wheel 
 keep the wheel 0 offset or positive, doesn’t really matter with 37s, it will rub anyway. Plan to do some cutting in the front and the back if you are actually going to flex your truck 
 search for my thread on that, it’s all there. Get a tail gate brace for the heavy 37 hanging off the back so it doesn’t buckle when you’re hauling ass. You’ll be into it over 10k at this point .. that’s IF you do it all yourself 
 and then if you’re actually serious about crawling you’ll start upgrading your steering. That’s a totally different subject lol.

And like I said before, there is a ton of information that you can search for on the forums on this subject that will answer every question you could possibly have 
 if you look ! Also 
 disregard the posts that claim they’re running 37s with no rubbing without doing some cutting lol 😂

There, that’s my recommendation for a lift etc for 37s that is functional for what the Bronco was designed to do. Was that helpful ? 😉 
 good luck!

Last edited:

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It depends on the Tires. I run Maxxix RAZR At 37s which run Smaller like BFGs. I love these tires and have done a fair amount of off road also. I would stick to these 2 tires, the More "true " to 37s will be more of an issue, plus tires with large side lugs like a mud tire could rub more. Stock rims or close to stock offset i believe is best, "0" offset or Negative , moves the "sweep" of the tire out and will cause more spots to possible rub.

The things to take into account are: If you want to high speed mob in the desert over Whoops.... you will run into issues , and a lift is needee to keep from denting fenders when bottoming out.
Like I said Wheels and Tires play a huge part in what rubs and where.

I have done trails in Sand Hollow Utah ( my avatar is a pic out the window on Double Sammy) with mine and plenty of trails here in AZ , and daily drive mine. YES, I rubbed some on extreme off camber obstacles or when flexing to the Max. You have to be smart about it. But I also have had Zero Issues most of the time.
Not saying anyone else's experience is not true, I just have been able to do all of this with stock Sasquatch suspension and wheels with the tires I mentioned. I like a low Center of Gravity, and have found the weight being lower helps off road.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also didn't mention, I did not do the JKS max tire kit, but I did cut back my crash bar frame nubs a bit. It didnt hit them sitting static before I did , but wanted to make sure when Flexing it wouldn't rub if turning.

I also have Tie rod sleeves and Steering Rack bushing.... these are all things to consider when going larger tires. I will upgrade the Rack at some point, and am looking at Rad Flo or similiar Coil overs that will allow me to stay stock height or level the front an inch. ( Rad Flo has Stock Length coil overs, as well as extended travel which are longer like other makes of aftermarket coil overs.)

Just things to look into and consider. There are a lot of threads in the Suspension and steering section to read through.

OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhh 
 then here is MY summary answer to your question, it’s what I have. You can certainly go with less expensive pieces parts. Short answer is a “lift” and wheel choice isn’t all that you will need to run 37s if you want it really functional off road.

Fox 2.5 coilovers, Camburg UCAs and Camburg trailing arms. Keep in mind anything over 3.5 lift in the front and youre asking for certain tie rod and CV joint issues if you really flex your truck. Pick a tire and pick a wheel 
 keep the wheel 0 offset or positive, doesn’t really matter with 37s, it will rub anyway. Plan to do some cutting in the front and the back if you are actually going to flex your truck 
 search for my thread on that, it’s all there. Get a tail gate brace for the heavy 37 hanging off the back so it doesn’t buckle when you’re hauling ass. You’ll be into it over 10k at this point .. that’s IF you do it all yourself 
 and then if you’re actually serious about crawling you’ll start upgrading your steering. That’s a totally different subject lol.

And like I said before, there is a ton of information that you can search for on the forums on this subject that will answer every question you could possibly have 
 if you look ! Also 
 disregard the posts that claim they’re running 37s with no rubbing without doing some cutting lol 😂

There, that’s my recommendation for a lift etc for 37s that is functional for what the Bronco was designed to do. Was that helpful ? 😉 
 good luck!
Good stuff. How do you like those Fox Shocks and the Camburgs? As to the lift height, I was hopping to get away with 2 inches, as my garage door is a limiting factor, unless I was to remove the roof rack, which is a possibility.

OP
OP
BadlandSas-SS

BadlandSas-SS

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe he was referring to something like the big tire clearance kit.

Cut crash bar brackets
Do you (or anyone out there) know whether the Max tire kit voids the warranty?
Sponsored