Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Sunday I had a couple hours to go play and I had been scouting an area west of McMinnville, Oregon. Using onXoffroad I thought there would be some nice views from a couple spots. Weyerhaeuser thought differently. Still a day wondering the woods is still better than most things.
Sponsored

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the adventure!
Hope to see you at the NW Bronco Roundup.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the adventure!
Hope to see you at the NW Bronco Roundup.
Probably not. I’ll more likely be in the middle of nowhere with some friends and an occasional Sasquatch. :p

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So beautiful up there. Is that a drone shot off the front driver side bumper?

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's one of the 360 cameras. Saw one of those for the first time at Hidden Falls last weekend.
Correct.

Very difficult to fly a drone in all of those trees. I'll break out the drone the next chance I get, although I don't like flying in the rain.

There's a drone shot in this one. It was a nice day and a clearcut hill top.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. It is sad to see the garbage and even the homeless camped out in our wild forest areas.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. It is sad to see the garbage and even the homeless camped out in our wild forest areas.
The encampment is tolerable, it's wasn't in public land. But just tossing your garbage in the woods is exactly why the logging companies have to gate their lands.

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There used to be some fairly "hard core trails" up there back in the day... havent been back through there in over 10 years, so they may not exist anymore. Baja mode can make some of those back country roads more fun ;) (just got to be careful on blind corners). Did you see much active dirt bike/motorcycle traffic through there?

I haven't used much ONx much, but after watching that video I'm definitely going to explore it a bit more. Looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing the video.

I forgot, do and that crew belong to a local Bronco club?

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There used to be some fairly "hard core trails" up there back in the day... havent been back through there in over 10 years, so they may not exist anymore. Baja mode can make some of those back country roads more fun ;) (just got to be careful on blind corners). Did you see much active dirt bike/motorcycle traffic through there?

I haven't used much ONx much, but after watching that video I'm definitely going to explore it a bit more. Looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing the video.

I forgot, do and that crew belong to a local Bronco club?
There were still some hardcore trails but I didn't have enough time to get stuck. I had told the wife I was just making a run down to the town, I didn't mention wandering in the woods. :D

That white truck was the only vehicle I saw. Blind corners (which there are one or two) is exactly why I don't go bombing around.

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet he was using a GoPro Fusion or the updated version of it. I have one too... The software and the native footage before rendering is enough to make your head explode. Heck, using the app to view real time footage and HOW it is capturing it makes my head explode as it captures everything in 360 degrees.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious swooshdave, how did you then get that shot if not with a drone?
It's a 360deg camera. That's how it was able to do x-axis pans without moving origin. That's why I was wondering if it was a drone, it was so locked down and there doesn't appear to be a mount, yet it stayed locked in the same origin and panned around.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a 360deg camera. That's how it was able to do x-axis pans without moving origin. That's why I was wondering if it was a drone, it was so locked down and there doesn't appear to be a mount, yet it stayed locked in the same origin and panned around.
If you look at the front bumper (or the rear view shows it better) you can see the camera mount.
Sponsored