First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my Bronco detailed and received a bag of "found" items. Couldn't explain these šŸ˜€
Ford Bronco Extras found by Detailer PSX_20230521_180043

Ford Bronco Extras found by Detailer PSX_20230521_180359

Anyone recognize these?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one with the blue thread locker is potentially concerning . . . wonder where that came from.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They gave you extras due to the long wait with production

Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah. You dont needum just toss them aside, you'll be finešŸ˜Ž

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black plastic piece resembles the retainer that goes on the rear tow hooks (between the two bolts - helps keep the tow hook in place while fastening the bolts). Probably used multiple places on the Bronco for different purposes though.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my Bronco detailed and received a bag of "found" items. Couldn't explain these šŸ˜€

Anyone recognize these?
No jokes from me. That many looks concerning.

First question, have you done any modifications? If so, what? Were they DIY or a shop?

The one with blue Lok Tight, is concerning. Youā€˜ want to get under the rig. Sort of looks like one with aftermarket fogs that I used for my Harness install.

I see a locking bolt in the second pic with Torx + (I think based on the middle), then the other looks like the battery clamp bolt for the negative terminal, but those are found in a few other places.

One is a black plastic push pin for like the wheel well cover or firewall under the hood if youā€™ve used a panel tool to take off to run wires.

The long bolt could be from anywhere since I canā€™t see the top, so thinking steps or something. Looks stainless steel, so rock rails arenā€™t likely, but I could be wrong about that.

You need to get under and inspect. Also, if youā€™ve gone off-road, good to crawl under everytime in the days after you return to see whatā€™s shaken loose so you can retighten.

Those are my guesses and places Iā€™d start checking.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the black one looks like the pin on the bottom of the hinge that holds
the dash piece under the steering wheel. it would be located to the right of the parking brake lever. start at the top right corner of the panel to pop it out.

mine popped out when i was installing the master on/off switch for my RSE rock sliders.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Operators go to the bronco with a faster in their hand or on the tool. They drop or bump the fastener which falls. The operators donā€™t have time to do a long search for dropped fasteners. They should notify a repairman/zip/supervisor etc that unit has a rattle concern. Doesnā€™t always happen.

Sponsored

Jtbob3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bolt with the blue thread locker looks like it was never installed, so probably just an extra dropped during assembly. The encapsulated thread locker will break open during assembly, allowing the thread locker to do its job. If it does not look like it was ever threaded into a nut I would not worry about it.

Buck's uncle

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Long bolt looks like restraint system impact sensor retainer. Torx head bolt with thread lock secures the seat backs to the bases at the recline position, and the black push pin retains carpet/mats in various places to the floorboard or under the console.

OP
OP
frankk

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No jokes from me. That many looks concerning.

First question, have you done any modifications? If so, what? Were they DIY or a shop?

The one with blue Lok Tight, is concerning. Youā€˜ want to get under the rig. Sort of looks like one with aftermarket fogs that I used for my Harness install.

I see a locking bolt in the second pic with Torx + (I think based on the middle), then the other looks like the battery clamp bolt for the negative terminal, but those are found in a few other places.

One is a black plastic push pin for like the wheel well cover or firewall under the hood if youā€™ve used a panel tool to take off to run wires.

The long bolt could be from anywhere since I canā€™t see the top, so thinking steps or something. Looks stainless steel, so rock rails arenā€™t likely, but I could be wrong about that.

You need to get under and inspect. Also, if youā€™ve gone off-road, good to crawl under everytime in the days after you return to see whatā€™s shaken loose so you can retighten.

Those are my guesses and places Iā€™d start checking.
Thanks for the thorough reply. At the time these were found, I hadn't done any mechanical upgrades, just PPF and ceramic coat.

These were found inside the vehicle, so I assumed they were all interior bits. Sounds like my next step is to take a look under the hood/vehicle.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Start looking for holes where the detailer was working.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the thorough reply. At the time these were found, I hadn't done any mechanical upgrades, just PPF and ceramic coat.

These were found inside the vehicle, so I assumed they were all interior bits. Sounds like my next step is to take a look under the hood/vehicle.
If all of those are interior, thatā€™s a terrible development, as it means things werenā€™t tightened. If those really are extras, why werenā€™t they cleaned or cleared out, plus, thatā€™s a lot and Iā€™d hope not normal.

As someone else said, dealership techs should know where those go and can check things out for you.
Sponsored

Last edited: