First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all, I was late to the party and ordered on 3/1/22 - 2 door Sasquatch Black Diamond - pretty obvious I'm gonna get pushed to 2023 - Thinking about buying something else now. The Bronco is a reward for me (and a want, not a need) and I really love the idea of the whole thing... But, I am realistic, and don't want to wait another year to see it come to fruition. Someone else just left for a Subaru Crosstrek, and while I think they look awesome, I don't fit in it (5'10" and 190lbs - but hit my head on the top door jamb every time I got in. I have an F150 (4x4 extend cab) so I don't need another truck. I am not sure what I am looking for, as the Bronco is the only vehicle that has sparked my fancy for quite a while. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly, anything relatively cool will probably be a 6 month wait anyways. I ordered my Bronco with hardtop and tow right before the new year and it is supposed to be delivered next week (fingers crossed, 8 month wait)... you might not be waiting as long as you think. My dealership is getting Broncos in by the truckloads every week at this point. They definitely seem to be catching up. Take the sasquatch off and it will probably get here even sooner. I would't buy one personally, but if you aren't that particular why not a Wrangler? You can find those pretty easily.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My neighbor is quite happy with his Honda Passport Trailsport

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a big fan of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante... but that's just me.

Ford Bronco Fall back vehicle? 1661497089203

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm a big fan of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante... but that's just me.

Ford Bronco Fall back vehicle? 1661497089203
Good choice, I'd go with a Mclaren 720S if I had that kind of money.

Ford Bronco Fall back vehicle? 2019-mclaren-720s-spider-mmp-1-1638979917

There's not allot of affordable interesting vehicles out. You can grab a Challenger with the last of the V8s and manual, maybe the new Z. If you have to go off road it's a Jeep or if you want a weekend toy a buggy/side by side.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2023 Ranger Tremor on order. I'm still pretty far down on the Bronco list at my dealer. Big Bend Sasquatch with hard top and tow. And not really sure at this point if I'm interested in following through. I made some changes few weeks ago and my updated DORA showed a $2k price increase. When the changes only equaled $595. Who knows if there will be any further price protection and what the 2023 increases will be.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My alternate was/is a ranger. I have gotten one of the Bronco's I ordered and second (first ordered) is now built.

I get the Bronco being the first car to strike your fancy for quite a while. Same thing here and part of that is being able to get a manual. I've had three Bronco IIs thru the years and love them, and I recognize this new Bronco is an entirely different vehicle, but manual trans and the short 2 door pique my fancy with small length and interior like the Bronco II.

I been generally negative towards getting a brand-new car favoring older ones, but the bronco got me looking at new. Then with pandemic prices on used cars going crazy, new cars started looking like a better deal. I just couldn't see getting used car for nearly the price of a new one.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I vote a QX56, and just so happens I have one up for sale, just saying :) 🍻

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went from a Crosstrek to a 2 door nonSas BD.
Crosstrek was a great car but just needed more power. The Sport might be better. I am 6'2" and hit about 250 while I had the Crosstrek and never had problems getting in and out. CVT is annoying.

I have seen a few of the Wilderness Outbacks. They are pretty cool. Wife has an Ascent. A bit soccer momish but it is a beast in the snow.

My fallback if the Bronco fell through was a WRX STI. But the new WRX is lame and no new STI that I have seen. Used ones are going for crazy money.

Broncdakk

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a manual transmission that is good off-road. Crosstrek was on the list. Now that I'm more familiar with the off-road world, I'm leaning toward vehicles with more capability. If my dealer tries to charge me over MSRP and it will take a long time for a new order with a different dealer to come in, I'll probably look into a Rubicon or how much it will cost to add front lockers to a Tacoma TRD off-road.
Sponsored