Sponsored

Far too many questions. Hoping for help triangulating on a wheel/tire combo.

OP
OP
OldHippy

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m running a +35mm offset Method 705 wheel with 285/75R17 Toyo AT3 tires. It fits perfectly under my non SAS flares with just some tire sidewall poking out, but no tread past the flare. I don’t see the appeal of the Sasquatch flares. The 705 are easy to clean and come in a titanium color.

E067D0D9-A6C7-481D-85F4-60B421A4A20E.jpeg

571FB39A-937A-4BB2-845A-7E9AC1E26099.jpeg

4C2D338E-875B-44DA-A8C4-D5DA54C4C03D.jpeg

6A4954A8-DD66-4B5C-AE47-5D39C7DE2A68.jpeg
As long as I’m bothering you- is that a half-fabric roof arrangement? What’s that like? :)

I’m running a +35mm offset Method 705 wheel with 285/75R17 Toyo AT3 tires. It fits perfectly under my non SAS flares with just some tire sidewall poking out, but no tread past the flare. I don’t see the appeal of the Sasquatch flares. The 705 are easy to clean and come in a titanium color.

E067D0D9-A6C7-481D-85F4-60B421A4A20E.jpeg

571FB39A-937A-4BB2-845A-7E9AC1E26099.jpeg

4C2D338E-875B-44DA-A8C4-D5DA54C4C03D.jpeg

6A4954A8-DD66-4B5C-AE47-5D39C7DE2A68.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldHippy

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as I’m bothering you- is that a half-fabric roof arrangement? What’s that like? :)
Bestop Sunrider? Is that it? You like?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop Sunrider? Is that it? You like?
Yes, the Bestop Sunrider. By far the best accessory I’ve put on the Bronco. Pro’s are ease of use and it’s a well made product. Con is that it’s slightly noisier around town and moderately noisier on the highway than the hard panels. Installation is easy, probably 20 minutes to install the first time, then 5 minutes off and on after that. I doubt I’d remove the hard panels with any frequency, but if the weather is at all cooperative the Sunrider is open every time I drive the truck.

OP
OP
OldHippy

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are numerous choices for wheels! Some of the Favorites here are Fuel, Method and Icon.

All of these have a 17" wheel Gun Metal or Titanium.

For Example:

Method 703 or 705

Icon Rebound or Compression

I'm assuming you do not have the Sasquatch Package so a 285/70/17 would be a good size with the 3.73 gearing you have.
Howdy RGuest3,
Believe it or not, I’m still chewing on this, The first problem I ran into was I found my favorite wheel, and it’s discontinued (KMC Roswell). Grr! I‘m planning on following your guidance on tire size when I can find a wheel that tickles me. I’m *okay* with the Fifteen52 Analog, but I’m not sure about a zero offset, and frankly it’s just not as good looking as the Roswell. *Sigh*. Do you have any ideas for a more solid-looking wheel? I don’t want spokes and faux bolts and a zillion little holes- I’m not up to cleaning that sort of thing. It doesn’t seem like there are many choices in this vein. Thanks again!

OP
OP
OldHippy

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, the Bestop Sunrider. By far the best accessory I’ve put on the Bronco. Pro’s are ease of use and it’s a well made product. Con is that it’s slightly noisier around town and moderately noisier on the highway than the hard panels. Installation is easy, probably 20 minutes to install the first time, then 5 minutes off and on after that. I doubt I’d remove the hard panels with any frequency, but if the weather is at all cooperative the Sunrider is open every time I drive the truck.
So…. You’re going to think I’m just copycatting you, but I added the Sunrider and then of course it’s been cold and snowing. Alas. I took a road trip in a windy squall and managed to get some pretty odd noises in the crosswinds, but you’re right- it’s not significant most of the time. Thank you for clueing me in about those- very nice stuff!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So…. You’re going to think I’m just copycatting you, but I added the Sunrider and then of course it’s been cold and snowing. Alas. I took a road trip in a windy squall and managed to get some pretty odd noises in the crosswinds, but you’re right- it’s not significant most of the time. Thank you for clueing me in about those- very nice stuff!
Adding readily available bolt on parts when you live 3000 miles away isn’t copy catting. Finding the right parts is why we’re on these forums. Here is an example of copy catting: One of my best friends copy catted me on vehicles one for one three vehicles in a row, to the point it was comical. I bought my 87 Bronco, within a month he had one. I leased a 2001 F-150 regular cab short bed, he had one in a week. I upgraded to a 2003 F-150, he got one two months later. From there we went different directions when I got a 2005 Nissan Titan and he went F-250. Then he started buying my project vehicles, he owned my 1970 VW beetle after I sold it to a mutual friend, and he currently owns my 87 Bronco I sold him when I left AZ in 2020. Yep, there is some dude crush going both ways, but we’ve been friends for 30 years.

OP
OP
OldHippy

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Adding readily available bolt on parts when you live 3000 miles away isn’t copy catting. Finding the right parts is why we’re on these forums. Here is an example of copy catting: One of my best friends copy catted me on vehicles one for one three vehicles in a row, to the point it was comical. I bought my 87 Bronco, within a month he had one. I leased a 2001 F-150 regular cab short bed, he had one in a week. I upgraded to a 2003 F-150, he got one two months later. From there we went different directions when I got a 2005 Nissan Titan and he went F-250. Then he started buying my project vehicles, he owned my 1970 VW beetle after I sold it to a mutual friend, and he currently owns my 87 Bronco I sold him when I left AZ in 2020. Yep, there is some dude crush going both ways, but we’ve been friends for 30 years.
That’s hilarious. What’s the quote about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery? Ha! Cheers!
Sponsored