Sponsored

Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much to tell you all about. Let's start with my dealership, Coastal Ford in Squamish, B.C.

Coastal Ford was amazing, I have dealt with them for years and they went well above and beyond my expectations when arranging payment, pick up and delivery. Not only did they sell the vehicle to me exactly for the msrp at the time of down payment, they also gave me the same interest rate that was available at the time of my deposit. This saved me 2.5%! They delivered my Bronco in glistening condition, provided me with the Ford upgraded floor mats, for free, gave me $750.00 discount for the time it took to deliver, and made the transfer of ownership as quick and easy as possible. They certainly set the bar very high for all other dealerships.
Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! Bronco at dealershi

So, after putting 750 miles on it as quickly as I could, following the break in procedures of course, it was time for a road trip. I loaded up the truck with camping gear and my mountain bike, and drove the next 750 miles to finish my break in period. I then proceeded to put over 5,000 miles on it as I drove down through Washington,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221023_002328040_3

Idaho,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221024_170816656.MP_3

and into Denver Colorado,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221027_214217756

doubled back into Utah for some crazy slot canyoneering,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! received_2920655978229254

where I was able to try out the camping gear,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221028_135217016_3

and then on to Moab so that I could drive the iconic trails of Hell's Revenge and Fins and Things.

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221030_152806663_3

The Bronco is an amazingly capable truck, it drove everything on Hell's revenge with ease,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221030_195434094.MP_3

so much so that I decided it was able to do the feared,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221030_165103587

This is certainly a bit of a nerve racking section as it is very steep, 35 degrees at its steepest, and your tire placement has to be bang on to clean it. Sadly, I have no photos of my Bronco driving it, but the following image is of the climb.

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221030_170719819

I was fortunate to hook up with a couple of lifted jeeps who knew the area really well, and they took me around and tried to find something that my Bronco could not do.

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! PXL_20221030_205942194_3

Even in my stock Badlands, I did everything they could, to the point I even did one of the bathtubs (if anyone can tell me what video file this forum will allow, I will post the video). They very grudgingly commented how surprised they were that my Bronco was able to do everything they could do in their lifted jeeps. Nice to hear.

From Moab it was up to Sedona for some more 4x4'ing, both slick rock,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! received_1002629047120388

and trail exploring,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! received_522382559735964

One the way home, I was fortunate to get into the Antelope Canyon where the light is truly amazing,

Ford Bronco Finally, after 512 days (who's counting) I got my Bronco! received_539160194322774

After five weeks, I can honestly say that the Bronco has performed considerably better than I could have imagined. It cruises at 100mph easily (back roads in Nevada) and handles twisty pavement with aplomb. The interior noise is not a problem either, though I do have a hardtop. I did not have one issue, and it drove the whole trip, with an average mileage of 16.9 to the gallon. Remember this includes all the rock crawling, 4x4'ing, city and highway driving for over 5K miles. I am pleased with that result.

Overall, I did not have one issue with my Bronco, it is absolutely everything I could have hoped for. The wait was well worthwhile.

So, if you are impatiently waiting for you Bronco, hang in there, make sure your price at your dealership is in a purchase agreement, and know that your wait will be well worth it.

Thank you all for your time to read this, and have a wonderful Christmas!

received_2920655978229254.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm just excited to be over 900 days without a Bronco. The pics are probably amazing, especially the WA trails and fun you had in the Bronco.

Some day! But not this day, not the 900 days prior and not tomorrow.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So much to tell you all about. Let's start with my dealership, Coastal Ford in Squamish, B.C.

Coastal Ford was amazing, I have dealt with them for years and they went well above and beyond my expectations when arranging payment, pick up and delivery. Not only did they sell the vehicle to me exactly for the msrp at the time of down payment, they also gave me the same interest rate that was available at the time of my deposit. This saved me 2.5%! They delivered my Bronco in glistening condition, provided me with the Ford upgraded floor mats, for free, gave me $750.00 discount for the time it took to deliver, and made the transfer of ownership as quick and easy as possible. They certainly set the bar very high for all other dealerships.

So, after putting 750 miles on it as quickly as I could, following the break in proceedures of course, it was time for a road trip. I loaded up the truck with camping gear and my mountain bike, and drove the next 750 miles to finish my break in period. I then proceeded to put over 5,000 miles on it as I drove down through Washington,

Idaho,

and into Denver Colorado,

doubled back into Utah for some crazy slot canyoneering,

where I was able to try out the camping gear,

and then on to Moab so that I could drive the iconic trails of Hell's Revenge and Fins and Things.

The Bronco is an amazingly capable truck, it drove everything on Hell's revenge with ease,

so much so that I decided it was able to do the feared,

This is certainly a bit of a nerve racking section as it is very steep, 35 degrees at its steepest, and your tire placement has to be bang on to clean it. Sadly, I have no photos of my Bronco driving it, but the following image is of the climb.

I was fortunate to hook up with a couple of lifted jeeps who knew the area really well, and they took me around and tried to find something that my Bronco could not do.

Even in my stock Badlands, I did everything they could, to the point I even did one of the bathtubs (if anyone can tell me what video file this forum will allow, I will post the video). They very grudgingly commented how surprised they were that my Bronco was able to do everything they could do in their lifted jeeps. Nice to hear.

From Moab it was up to Sedona for some more 4x4'ing, both slick rock,

and trail exploring,

One the way home, I was fortunate to get into the Antelope Canyon where the light is truly amazing,

After five weeks, I can honestly say that the Bronco has performed considerably better than I could have imagined. It cruises at 100mph easily (back roads in Nevada) and handles twisty pavement with aplomb. The interior noise is not a problem either, though I do have a hardtop. I did not have one issue, and it drove the whole trip, with an average mileage of 16.9 to the gallon. Remember this includes all the rock crawling, 4x4'ing, city and highway driving for over 5K miles. I am pleased with that result.

Overall, I did not have one issue with my Bronco, it is absolutely everything I could have hoped for. The wait was well worthwhile.

So, if you are impatiently waiting for you Bronco, hang in there, make sure your price at your dealership is in a purchase agreement, and know that your wait will be well worth it.

Thank you all for your time to read this...

512 days. That is walk in the park. I feel bad for you. I have been waiting 854 days and I thought that was a long time.

Nice pics by the way. 😁

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
512 days. That is walk in the park. I feel bad for you. I have been waiting 854 days and I thought that was a long time.

Nice pics by the way. 😁
Oh no, Bause67, that is terrible for you to be waiting that long. The only thing I can say is that your wait will definitely be worth it. Compared to you, my wait was a walk in the park.

Sponsored
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just excited to be over 900 days without a Bronco. The pics are probably amazing, especially the WA trails and fun you had in the Bronco.

Some day! But not this day, not the 900 days prior and not tomorrow.
Yikes Rick Astley, 900 days is a long time to wait, have you gotten any inkling of when you may get your Bronco? I very much look forward to your post stating that you have received it, good luck and I know you will be happier than a pig in s**t once you receive it.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Looks like that was an amazing trip.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yikes Rick Astley, 900 days is a long time to wait, have you gotten any inkling of when you may get your Bronco? I very much look forward to your post stating that you have received it, good luck and I know you will be happier than a pig in s**t once you receive it.
No clue. Sometimes Ford likes to hold built vehicles for 6 months just to twist the blade in your gut.

Hot damn that interest rate agreement was amazing!!!!!!! 2.5% is no joke these days. We're facing 6.25% if we didn't have USAA at 4.25% with our military work.

BTW: You're pretty close to fellow Canadian and Bronco owner, @604Bronco Seems like a cool cat except for not loving Tim Whoretons.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh no, Bause67, that is terrible for you to be waiting that long. The only thing I can say is that your wait will definitely be worth it. Compared to you, my wait was a walk in the park.

Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No clue. Sometimes Ford likes to hold built vehicles for 6 months just to twist the blade in your gut.

Hot damn that interest rate agreement was amazing!!!!!!! 2.5% is no joke these days. We're facing 6.25% if we didn't have USAA at 4.25% with our military work.

BTW: You're pretty close to fellow Canadian and Bronco owner, @604Bronco Seems like a cool cat except for not loving Tim Whoretons.
My fingers are crossed that you can deal with the twisted blade in your gut for a bit longer. At least you have not lost your sense of humour.
As to the interest rate, that was totally unexpected and a very pleasant surprise. Glad to read that you will be getting 4.25% as it will save you thousands.

Thanks for the heads up re. 604Bronco, I will reach out to him. And just so you know, I too have no love for Tim Whoretons! Love the spelling by the way!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My fingers are crossed that you can deal with the twisted blade in your gut for a bit longer. At least you have not lost your sense of humour.
As to the interest rate, that was totally unexpected and a very pleasant surprise. Glad to read that you will be getting 4.25% as it will save you thousands.

Thanks for the heads up re. 604Bronco, I will reach out to him. And just so you know, I too have no love for Tim Whoretons! Love the spelling by the way!
Congrats on your new Bronco, fellow BC-er!

I had a second order placed at Squamish Coastal Ford, which I cancelled. However the sales people there were awesome! Highly recommend them to anyone who’s considering buying from them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your new Bronco, fellow BC-er!

I had a second order placed at Squamish Coastal Ford, which I cancelled. However the sales people there were awesome! Highly recommend them to anyone who’s considering buying from them.
Hey Troll,
Good to see that Rick thinks so highly of you, but I am not going to ask why. Curious, where about are you located in the 604 region? Have you had your Badlands for some time, and any upgrades to it yet?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Troll,
Good to see that Rick thinks so highly of you, but I am not going to ask why. Curious, where about are you located in the 604 region? Have you had your Badlands for some time, and any upgrades to it yet?
To be fair, I’m not as big of a troll as @Tricky Dick but we can’t all be perfect. Rick said all those nice things so I’ll have to give him $20 (USD, he doesn’t accept CDN).

I‘ll send you a DM.

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the going interest rate for the Bronco in Canada these days?
Sponsored