Sponsored

Finally found the best Dash Accessory Mount!

clyde6g

Big Bend
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Valiant
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the metal over the front do anything we aren't aware of? Just seems kinda chunky if it's only to hold a phone and more steps to install compared to others.

I like how clean my 67 Designs mount is. I didn't have to drill anything. Phone in perfect view. Doesn't block the buttons. Can rotate it landscape or portrait for perfect angles. Hasn't budged at all.

But I like seeing other companies making stuff for the Bronco at least.

IMG_6128.jpeg
Same.
Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm guessing he got it for 'free' to do a video on. I didn't watch the video, but from what you said it doesn't seem like there's much info.
Yep. 😂 want more?
Chase you did a great install video and since I do have a BYOD I am curious for what? I don't use much so I take mine off and leave in glove box. I have the small AR rail and I use Midland X-Talker some times with a bullet mount and GoPro but not sure why people want your phone with Carplay avoiding the distraction factor. But I also don't live in Texas or Utah.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw this base plate a while ago and it caught my eye. I like that it has multiple threaded holes and looks simple.... Then I saw the price.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the metal over the front do anything we aren't aware of? Just seems kinda chunky if it's only to hold a phone and more steps to install compared to others.
Are you kidding? That metal over the front is the most important part of the design!! Without it, where would they plaster that HUGE logo?

Advertising cut/engraved on products has just gotten out of control these days.

Sponsored

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you kidding? That metal over the front is the most important part of the design!! Without it, where would they plaster that HUGE logo?

Advertising cut/engraved on products has just gotten out of control these days.
The logo is hideous. Not just a terrible placement, but a terribly designed logo that is not at all pleasing to look at. It stands out way too much and looks broken and unfinished.

I think the device is an interesting design and totally unique to everyone else doing rails. It’s just too expensive to be that ugly.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t hate me. Just not my style of aftermarket equipment. Just another aftermarket bent metal powder coated piece. Matches welded flat pieces of aftermarket bumpers. I realize stamping would be too expensive for tooling. So flat bent pieces are cheaper.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes all manufactures take note. We don't want your logos cut into our products. Offer a version without and then offer a version with your logo for 10% off. You can pay us to advertise for you.

Otherwise keep it clean!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes all manufactures take note. We don't want your logos cut into our products. Offer a version without and then offer a version with your logo for 10% off. You can pay us to advertise for you.

Otherwise keep it clean!
I cant tell you how many products I have passed on for the Bronco for this very reason.

Nice install video OP.

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We have CarPlay on these big screens. Why does everyone want their phone stuck in their face? I really dont understand. I put my phone on the charger port and leave it there until I get out. nothing I need to see thats not on CarPlay. Im only 47 and miss the days of a land line phone. If I didn't have a business to run that requires my phone for payments, emails, text I would get rid of it. Anyway just my opinion.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a fan. The huge logo, drilling into the dash (even if you can't see it), and the cost. It is a unique design though.

I'd also be worried about long term dash rub or fade if removed. Others mount towards the front on the black plastic that will hold up better and use factory mount locations. There's also the price thing, most are 25% less or more. Even AR tap, JCR, etc.

I'm with @sunpro2010 too; unless you need to mount a gopro for footage nobody will watch use carplay.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be a great place to mount a tachometer, and the video was worth it just to see how easy the hero switches came out.

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I like how clean my 67 Designs mount is. I didn't have to drill anything. Phone in perfect view. Doesn't block the buttons. Can rotate it landscape or portrait for perfect angles. Hasn't budged at all.

But I like seeing other companies making stuff for the Bronco at least.

IMG_6128.jpeg
nothing "clean" about this photo...

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nothing "clean" about this photo...

LOL as opposed to a chunk of metal all over the hero switches with holes and a shitty logo cut out of the middle?

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

The mfg should supply plugs for the holes on the front, or some black short screws to fill them. They could be useful but are very ugly when not in use which id guess is 99% of the time.
Why a silver bolt on top of the dash? Should be black to match the powder coat.
The logo location is nuts, move the logo to another spot. Laser engrave it
Sponsored