Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well SORTA...

IIRC the last letter is color and then following numbers are sequenced for each color...0073 so I likely have #73 of the 2dr FE in lightning blue...

Does that make sense?
So what do you make of this 4d?

1FMEE5EP2MLA42146
You need the last 5. First digit is 2 or 4, so 2 or 4 door. Last 4 are the number.

42146 = 4 door number 2146
Sponsored

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The last letter identifies Ford Division vehicles that are not passenger cars and is part of the "Sequential Vehicle Identifier" part of the VIN, in the case of our FEs either A4XXXX or A2XXXX (4dr and 2dr respectively). Important to note that the last four digits (I'm 1059) are not assigned in sequential order, so an FE built the week of Job #1 last May could have a higher number than the very last FE that rolled off of the assembly line in Dec. The only thing we can ultimately tell is how many in each sequence (4 and 2 dr) were built by finding the highest number assigned to an FE.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The last letter identifies Ford Division vehicles that are not passenger cars and is part of the "Sequential Vehicle Identifier" part of the VIN, in the case of our FEs either A4XXXX or A2XXXX (4dr and 2dr respectively). Important to note that the last four digits (I'm 1059) are not assigned in sequential order, so an FE built the week of Job #1 last May could have a higher number than the very last FE that rolled off of the assembly line in Dec. The only thing we can ultimately tell is how many in each sequence (4 and 2 dr) were built by finding the highest number assigned to an FE.
They were ASSIGNED sequentially. Built in order of assignment is what varied, we all know how the delays and pushbacks on scheduling went.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They were ASSIGNED sequentially. Built in order of assignment is what varied, we all know how the delays and pushbacks on scheduling went.
Do you know what that sequential assignment may have been based on then? It certainly wasn't reveal night reservation date/time stamp. I reserved right after midnight EST and ultimately ended up with 1059; I'm sure there were many more FEs than me who reserved earlier in the evening. There were huge swings in production scheduling that in the end made it more or less random sequencing.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you know what that sequential assignment may have been based on then? It certainly wasn't reveal night reservation date/time stamp. I reserved right after midnight EST and ultimately ended up with 1059; I'm sure there were many more FEs than me who reserved earlier in the evening. There were huge swings in production scheduling that in the end made it more or less random sequencing.
It’s a little complicated due to dealer allocation. Generally, the first batch (not sure exact number but much less than half) were assigned as scheduled and allocation played a role in that. Your reservation was late compared to other FEs, but you were early in your dealers allocation so you got scheduled. Sometime shortly after the dirt mountain shutdown the remaining FEs were bulk assigned VINs based on timestamp, and built based on a certain amount per week to get them done before the model year rollover.

So I should edit comment to say MOST were assigned based on timestamps.

Last edited:

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s a little complicated due to dealer allocation. Generally, the first batch (not sure exact number but much less than half) were assigned as scheduled and allocation played a role in that. Your reservation was late compared to other FEs, but you were early in your dealers allocation so you got scheduled. Sometime shortly after the dirt mountain shutdown the remaining FEs were bulk assigned VINs based on timestamp, and built based on a certain amount per week to get them done before the model year rollover.

So I should edit comment to say MOST were assigned based on timestamps.
You are correct in that I was early in my dealers allocation (first in fact, but it is a very small dealership) but overall late in the big picture of FE reservations. Received my VIN on 7/1/21 for an 8/23 production week then of course everything hit the fan a few weeks later. Bounced around about five times and landed on the 11/15 week that stuck. My main point was the last four digits are not an accurate indication of when an FE rolled off the line relatively to another FE. Well, maybe the one they auctioned for charity is the exception, that had a very low number if I recall, if not 0001.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You are correct in that I was early in my dealers allocation (first in fact, but it is a very small dealership) but overall late in the big picture of FE reservations. Received my VIN on 7/1/21 for an 8/23 production week then of course everything hit the fan a few weeks later. Bounced around about five times and landed on the 11/15 week that stuck. My main point was the last four digits are not an accurate indication of when an FE rolled off the line relatively to another FE. Well, maybe the one they auctioned for charity is the exception, that had a very low number if I recall, if not 0001.
Yup exactly. Sorry if I ever led to believe the last 4 was any accurate depiction of order built. That is definitely not the case due to exactly what you said. If you were scheduled after dirt mountain shutdown, August?, then those were assigned VINs in a big batch, well before you got the actual scheduled email.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cats out of the bag now. I told y’all a long time ago Ford would be sending out new badges. Pretty cool package. :eek::cool:

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 1BD182A7-0F3B-4727-A401-D4064AEB1853
So 4,471 total First Editions?

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha! First off, this is awesome. Secondly, I was right in 2 scenarios that I got a lot of push back on. Less than 5k built and that they would send custom vin plates once the numbers were finalized.

This is actually a pretty awesome gift pack @Ford Motor Company , thank you!

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Somehow I missed this thread before.

Is anyone still waiting on an FE? Or have they all been delivered?

I got Number 73 2dr.
Ist day res, delivered on 11/09/21
Here's a pic with 37s.
Mines got 15k on it so far zero issues except door fitment...🤞

They def didn't come in order I got 126 and mine was Delivered July 30th

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cats out of the bag now. I told y’all a long time ago Ford would be sending out new badges. Pretty cool package. :eek::cool:

I'm pretty stoked for this, very cool gift a IMO. I'm a total sucker for this sort of thing.

Guess @EIGHTLUG will be finding a new use for that laser he ordered to make us custom plates with haha.

Congrats to all the two door bros on having one of less than a thousand. That's a rare pony.

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm pretty stoked for this, very cool gift a IMO. I'm a total sucker for this sort of thing.

Guess @EIGHTLUG will be finding a new use for that laser he ordered to make us custom plates with haha.

Congrats to all the two door bros on having one of less than a thousand. That's a rare pony.
The laser’s jobs are plentiful. I’ll still crank out FE badges. I already know what the Ford part will look like. Then custom badges starting with BADLANDS and Wildtrak. I can’t get the laser setup fast enough. We still have all of our current parts that require laser annealing and etching.

D2DF7574-57E3-4D81-92F6-162A570589CD.jpeg

348745EE-CB0C-4158-B05A-71EEA296D33F.jpeg
Sponsored