Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better I have two stone chips and have a chip in my windshield already… I cry a little inside anytime I think about it.

I have personally had luck getting scratches like that out. Generally speaking as long as it doesn’t catch your finger nail if you run it across you should have some decent luck making it look unnoticeable unless you’re really looking close.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope not. if you rub your fingernail over the scratch can you feel it?
Yes, water over it, it semi-disapears.
Several great advice posts above mine here.
if the modest use of a drop of compound then polish doesn’t do it,
Get one of those clear coat touch up pens, apply it and let it sit in the sun and harden up well for a day.
Then you can take a paint stick and use like some 2000 grit wrapped around it to GENTLY start taking that touch up back down.
Repeat buffing process.
Don’t be too nervous when you see swirls from the compound.
The polish typically takes care of those.
Wax as normal.
I like this. Ultimately if it's too deep I aim to make it less noticeable until I get more then just repaint.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might be able to get away with that, unfortunately white scratches like that are often deeper than you think. Provided it isn't transfer. However if you try a decent compound, then a finishing polish it should at least even it out a little. Hopefully to where you don't notice it as much.

If that doesn't work then you can get out the sandpaper and go from there, however if you have never done that before I would urge extreme caution, sanding can make the problem way bigger than it originally was, if done wrong. If done right, you'll never know the scratch was there. A local paint correction shop might be happy to get it out quick for you. Will take them 20 minutes.
Looking at the scratch again, it almost looks like two lines side by side. We shall see later if anything less noticeable would be plan b

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posting a quick Lil update. I only used 3m rubbing compound and blaze. It took a good majority of the scratch down. Way less noticeable... Should I wet sand to take it down some more? Or polish/ will even it out? On the way home last night the whole scratch disappeared cuz of the rain. Thus I know it's a clear coat scratch.

Ford Bronco First scratch... Bleh! A5D03DB3-99D8-4216-9216-69CCFAD9D2AE

After:
Ford Bronco First scratch... Bleh! 3C1236BE-15FE-4E29-B192-5180C02F7A82

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Posting a quick Lil update. I only used 3m rubbing compound and blaze. It took a good majority of the scratch down. Way less noticeable... Should I wet sand to take it down some more? Or polish/ will even it out? On the way home last night the whole scratch disappeared cuz of the rain. Thus I know it's a clear coat scratch.

After:
I know it's your new Bronco and I hate that it was scratched but if you managed that much correction with compound, I would hit it one more time, hard, with cutting compound, then polish the whole area out.

That'll probably get it 90% and to a point where you won't notice it without trying to find it versus wet sanding, compound again and polishing again. Hate for it to be a mountain out of a mole hill.
Sponsored