Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally made it off road this weekend. Did Old Dale Road (north to south) and Berdoo canyon (also North to South) in the Joshua Tree area. Weather was nice, about 85 degrees, and a light breeze.

The Bronco did great. I aired down to 20 psi for the trails.

Just after coming through the mountain on Old Dale ran into a nice group of 3-4 Broncos (they were headed south to north on the trail).

About 1/2 way down Berdoo canyon came across a Jeep that was having trouble with their tire/wheel. I think they had a cracked wheel as air was leaking out as fast as my ARB twin pumping it in. Couldn’t find a puncture in the tire. They didn’t have a working spare. After trying to get their tire fixed for a half hour or so, we couldn’t figure out a solution. They had another vehicle there, so they weren’t all alone. Hadn’t reached any difficult obstacles, so they may have been able to drive it out the mostly dirt road back to the trailhead where it could be towed, or leave in the other vehicle and get a spare or something.

The rest of the trail was fun, a few obstacles that I would rate a little harder than what we did at the Nevada off rodeo, but nothing very difficult. I never needed lockers.

Sadly I read today that a couple hours after I was off the trail (Berdoo), a fire started and as of now it is contained but not out. The trail is closed while they are fighting the fire.

The Joshua Tree has so many trails. I plan to go back and explore more and hopefully see some of the abandoned mines next time.

Overall a great day
Ford Bronco First time off road Bronco004
Ford Bronco First time off road Bronco002
Ford Bronco First time off road Bronco001
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad Andy

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of more pictures I forgot to add.
Ford Bronco First time off road IMG_7942
Ford Bronco First time off road IMG_7941

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! The only time I was in JT I was in an Acura RSX that my friends lent to me while I was on the west coast... Couldn't really hit the trails with that!

Also, is that a Corgi butt in the one pic?

OP
OP
Bad Andy

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, is that a Corgi butt in the one pic?
Yes, that is Finn. He is/was my copilot for the day. He had fun too. Before we hit the trails, we went to the Cheese-It pop up in Joshua tree where he happily posed for a few pictures.

Cheese-It008.jpeg

Cheese-It-010.jpeg

Cheese-It009.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally made it off road this weekend. Did Old Dale Road (north to south) and Berdoo canyon (also North to South) in the Joshua Tree area. Weather was nice, about 85 degrees, and a light breeze.

The Bronco did great. I aired down to 20 psi for the trails.

Just after coming through the mountain on Old Dale ran into a nice group of 3-4 Broncos (they were headed south to north on the trail).

About 1/2 way down Berdoo canyon came across a Jeep that was having trouble with their tire/wheel. I think they had a cracked wheel as air was leaking out as fast as my ARB twin pumping it in. Couldn’t find a puncture in the tire. They didn’t have a working spare. After trying to get their tire fixed for a half hour or so, we couldn’t figure out a solution. They had another vehicle there, so they weren’t all alone. Hadn’t reached any difficult obstacles, so they may have been able to drive it out the mostly dirt road back to the trailhead where it could be towed, or leave in the other vehicle and get a spare or something.

The rest of the trail was fun, a few obstacles that I would rate a little harder than what we did at the Nevada off rodeo, but nothing very difficult. I never needed lockers.

Sadly I read today that a couple hours after I was off the trail (Berdoo), a fire started and as of now it is contained but not out. The trail is closed while they are fighting the fire.

The Joshua Tree has so many trails. I plan to go back and explore more and hopefully see some of the abandoned mines next time.

Overall a great day
Ford Bronco First time off road Cheese-It009
That's fantastic, Andy! We are so glad you're enjoying your Bronco, and thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I was at Berdoo a few weeks ago too. Went all the way though, exited at 29 stumps. I’m still a journeyman, if you will when it comes to off-roading, it was pretty fun. Used lockers at a sandy hill, went through a few boulders.

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3594.jpeg

IMG_3593.jpeg

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A couple of more pictures I forgot to add.
Ford Bronco First time off road IMG_3593
Ford Bronco First time off road IMG_3593
Congratulations. I'm sure it will be the first of many.

Why on earth would anybody go off roading without a spare? I hope that Jeep owner learns from his experience.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, that is Finn. He is/was my copilot for the day. He had fun too. Before we hit the trails, we went to the Cheese-It pop up in Joshua tree where he happily posed for a few pictures.

Cheese-It008.jpeg

Cheese-It-010.jpeg

Cheese-It009.jpeg
I miss our Corgi ...name was Beckham...good Welsh name.he loved a ride.