Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tax on vehicle based on where you register not where you buy. You pay your county. Not your dealer. They just handle the exchange for you.
I'm talking about state tax. Many counties don't have additional tax on vehicles.
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sunshine State! ??

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, Yamaha, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand taxes are paid to the state and are not profit to the dealership. I also understand that fees are profit for dealerships.
What im saying for example is if i buy a car near me I pay dealer fees but a lower tax rate. If I buy at different location i pay a higher tax rate but no dealer fees. Dont they just cancel each other out. Or am i wrong

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait....now im seriously confused. (Quick side note)....i live in orlando but moving to St cloud in 4 months. So let me see if i got this right. If I stay with greenway ford I'll pay higher taxes(living in st cloud) and dealer fees.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand taxes are paid to the state and are not profit to the dealership. I also understand that fees are profit for dealerships.
What im saying for example is if i buy a car near me I pay dealer fees but a lower tax rate. If I buy at different location i pay a higher tax rate but no dealer fees. Dont they just cancel each other out. Or am i wrong
Taxes will be the same no matter where you buy, as your county and state have set taxes. They don't go up and down like stocks do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait....now im seriously confused. (Quick side note)....i live in orlando but moving to St cloud in 4 months. So let me see if i got this right. If I stay with greenway ford I'll pay higher taxes(living in st cloud) and dealer fees.
If St. Cloud has a different county tax, then yes, you'll see a difference. If no, you just pay normal state/county tax.

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If St. Cloud has a different county tax, then yes, you'll see a difference. If no, you just pay normal state/county tax.
St cloud is 7.5%

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer fees and taxes are completely different and independent. Florida law states that dealerships have to charge a consistent fee for all customers and purchases so the fee wouldnt change your taxes would, the real question is why on earth would you stay with them if they are charging $1000 bucks in fees

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the real question is why on earth would you stay with them if they are charging $1000 bucks in fees
Just spoke with them found out 2 days ago

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm talking about state tax. Many counties don't have additional tax on vehicles.
Sales tax is what you need to look at. Here in Pensacola it's 7.5%. Check a receipt from your last trip to the store and see what your sales tax rate is.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear others on here... granger, mullinax...etc. but im trying to decifer what im missing from what im hearing. Dealerships are about making money and in my opinion they dont care if i purchase or not because someone else will. Out of the 11 vehicles ive purchased in my life time i have never done it this way. So it is exciting and new but i have to step back and come to the realization that its still the same process. We all pay tags/registration fees, we all pay tax. Everyone says dealer fees and process fees are a deal breaker. But im not so sure. What ive noticed is If a dealer has no fees then most likely the taxes are higher. But I'll have a better idea once i get more info from others. These are just my thoughts and at no time am I encouraging others to follow my lead. But i am looking for the best price.
Check out the Great Southern Deal! thread. Matt Bowers Ford in NOLA has a pretty good deal.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a list of tax rates for every county in Florida. Also check with your county as some have an additional fee. For example my county is Santa Rosa which has a 7% tax rate but also has a county fee of $50 when purchasing a vehicle along with Tag & Title.

http://www.sale-tax.com/Florida_counties

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a list of tax rates for every county in Florida. Also check with your county as some have an additional fee. For example my county is Santa Rosa which has a 7% tax rate but also has a county fee of $50 when purchasing a vehicle along with Tag & Title.

http://www.sale-tax.com/Florida_counties
Thanks. This was extremely helpful.

nmt77

Badlands
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got this from Mullinax Ford, thoughtful just not my style or size hat, haha. Sort of makes me think Cyber Orange. Thanks Mullinax.
1DE9A17D-E080-4A65-898E-9A4518245CE8.jpeg
DD2AEA2F-9357-47C3-AC37-858719A5FD2E.jpeg
Received one today too! Will hide the #broncohairdontcare
Appreciate the gesture David and Noah @noahr /Kissimmee

25C183C6-F47F-4096-A06D-F2689FD2DB58.jpeg

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received one today too! Will hide the #broncohairdontcare
Appreciate the gesture David and Noah @noahr /Kissimmee

Ford Bronco Florida Roll Call 25C183C6-F47F-4096-A06D-F2689FD2DB58
Yeah I got mine two days ago and I passed it off to my mom, I love the design but by god is that color awful
Sponsored