First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a novice to adding auxiliary lighting to a vehicle so I'm hoping for input from more knowledgeable than myself. I want to replace the fog lights in my capable bumper and add ditch lights.

Ford Performance has a Rigid kit for both, as does Diode Dynamics. Anybody can tell me what's better and why? Price is identical right now, but according to DD they will be running a 4th of July sale at the end of the month.

Don't care about backlight, although I would prefer amber for the fogs.

TIA
Ford Bronco Fog light/ditch light choice 20220614_181348

Ford Bronco Fog light/ditch light choice 20220614_181314
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You priced out the Diode Dynamics in Pro, they make a sport level that is as good as the Rigid for ~$100 less per set. The Diode Dynamics are available in amber and with SAE street legal lenses. I think their product is better than Rigid at this point, I’ve run multiple sets of both over the years but my Bronco is all DD. I would expect a 15% off sale for Independence Day.

Check out @4x4TruckLEDs.com for similar pricing and possibly faster shipping.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a novice to adding auxiliary lighting to a vehicle so I'm hoping for input from more knowledgeable than myself. I want to replace the fog lights in my capable bumper and add ditch lights.

Ford Performance has a Rigid kit for both, as does Diode Dynamics. Anybody can tell me what's better and why? Price is identical right now, but according to DD they will be running a 4th of July sale at the end of the month.

TIA

Greetings for Seattle. I think it comes down to preference. I did the Ford Performance and then added another set for duals. I prefer the round look on the A pillar. Ford performance are drive beam so I added a spot beam pair. Ford comes with a different taller bracket so I think it works and makes then staggered in height. Around $320-340 is a good price. I'm waiting for my amber diode elite lights for the bumper upgrade. Did a Meso baja on the hitch for lighting up the back so keeping it under 1k so far.

Attachments

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TIA

Check out the Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics kits from us here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com

We've got them IN STOCK and they ship RIGHT AWAY from us. Our Pro pillar kit is also $319

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Other kits are here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

I'm not a fan of the Rigid kits since they tend to interfere with the Antenna and they don't include a nice easy to use wiring harness.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know when I started looking at lighting options I found a detailed video from an off road guy where he compared the actual light output across many options.
Diode Dynamics were noticeably brighter than Rigid or Baja.

OP
OP
ElBronc

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'll go with my initial choice of the DD.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would be good to get a high level 101 style overview of vehicle lightning from some of our light vendors, as well as a couple of deep dives on specific setups. It would be cool to compare setups that give you upgraded on-road/street legal performance and also good off-road performance.

I know on the baja website they give a decent overview but it would be cool to get a conversation started on the forum. (maybe that exists already?)

I've got the ford performance ditch lights on my cowl, and have pretty much stopped there until I get an aftermarket bumper. I know I want street legal amber fogs in my bumper, and then some more longer range ambers connected to an aux switch.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
ElBronc

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting for the Father's Day, 4th of July sales...you going to be running one?
No Fathers Day Sales. 4th of July sales, yes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'll go with my initial choice of the DD.

Good choice

See my thread here on my capable bumper upgrade with the SS3s