Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ignore my preamble; clearly this is going somewhat global - but to what extent remains to be seen. In any case, this is the first time I've seen Bronco may apparently be offered with a fog tail lamp in certain markets - which is usually a European hallmark.

First, in electrical/ exterior lighting section:
Ford Bronco Fog Tail Lamp Shown in Service Information 1622824715321

Second, in the bumper section, it mentions removing the fog tail lamp assembly when disassembling the bumper.

Ford Bronco Fog Tail Lamp Shown in Service Information 1622825013155

You can see the opening a little better in this image (which highlights the bumper bar bracket and shows the back side of the bumper with the fog tail housing removed. Looks like the lamp externally will be a small ovoid rectangle, placed between the spare tire cutaway and the receiver hitch.

Ford Bronco Fog Tail Lamp Shown in Service Information 1622825502420

My guess is this would also require a unique rear bumper as I don't see a "blanking plate" used on US-market vehicles we've seen, which clearly don't have fog tail lamps.

This probably means nothing to 99.5% of this forum, unless (a. you're a fog tail light nerd like I am, and (b. you're looking for any shred of something new to discuss. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interested in this topic, because I have dual citizenship and might be living in Europe parts of the year. Actually it's the one thing that could prevent me being a Bronco owner, if I'm not around NA enough, and there is no offering overseas.

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did Ford specifically state they never would sell it outside of the US or just for the first year? Everything I have been told has been that the Bronco will be a global product.
For starters, Automobilwoche (German version of Automotive News) quotes Ford Europe execs as saying it's not Europe-bound. At least not for the forseeable future.

https://www.automobilwoche.de/artic...-in-sicht-ford-bronco-kommt-nicht-nach-europa

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-bronco-europe-australia-north-america/

I'll have to dig elsewhere but I'm recalling seeing similar stories from Ford execs in other markets, but it could well be specifically in regards to RHD markets.

I know when Bronco was first announced in 2017, Ford claimed it would be a "global vehicle" but has since shied away from indicating anything along those lines post reveal.

Guess this could just be a sign it might happen sooner than anticipated?

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know we've repeatedly seen the news stories where Ford says Bronco won't be sold in markets outside North America, but the workshop/ service information mentions a fog tail lamp that could wind up on export models further down the road. These lamps aren't typically required in North America but *are* in other markets.

First, in electrical/ exterior lighting section:

Second, in the bumper section, it mentions removing the fog tail lamp assembly when disassembling the bumper.

You can see the opening a little better in this image (which highlights the bumper bar bracket and shows the back side of the bumper with the fog tail housing removed. Looks like the lamp externally will be a small ovoid rectangle, placed between the spare tire cutaway and the receiver hitch.

My guess is this would also require a unique rear bumper as I don't see a "blanking plate" used on US-market vehicles we've seen, which clearly don't have fog tail lamps.

This probably means nothing to 99.5% of this forum, unless (a. you're a fog tail light nerd like I am, and (b. you're looking for any shred of something new to discuss. :)
Where are you getting those beautiful CAD shots?

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RHD development isn’t full on yet from what I hear but I have heard talk of Australia coming and I would not doubt Ford trying to get into as many markets as they can. I do know they plan LHD importing to the Middle East as the demand is too great to ignore.
Middle East would make sense; Ford execs in UK and Australia have said RHD isn't happening.

Sponsored
OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where are you getting those beautiful CAD shots?
Literally mentioned in the post: workshop/ service information :)

I have no special means - you can have just as much access to this information as I do for 72 hours with five minutes of your time and $20.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally mentioned in the post: workshop/ service information :)

I have no special means - you can have just as much access to this information as I do for 72 hours with five minutes of your time and $20.
Care to point me in the right direction

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought there was a guy on here from the middle east who said he has one ordered from his dealer or something.
So I'm clearly wrong on the Middle East bit of it, and I'll eat my hat in that regard, but I also don't know if that market requires fog tails? I don't believe F-150s sold there have them. They're typically a requirement for Europe, maybe Australia, etc. Someone more familiar with market-based vehicle standards can feel free to chime in here.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
RHD development isn’t full on yet from what I hear but I have heard talk of Australia coming and I would not doubt Ford trying to get into as many markets as they can. I do know they plan LHD importing to the Middle East as the demand is too great to ignore.

I know the Bronco Sport exists in South America now
Hopefully then also to LHD European countries at some point.

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would love these. More concerned about being run into than seeing out front!
Sponsored