Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw this on Blue Oval. There could be hope yet.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/?...ic&content_id=69240&content_commentid=1097216
On 3/31/2020 at 6:50 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Do you really think the Bronco is launching on time now? I haven't been told anything (it's hard enough getting answers about unemployment right now with all the changes going on) but I can promise you this, ain't no way that launch is staying on schedule.
As of now it is on schedule (they haven't notified tier 1 suppliers that it isn't) That launch is far enough away that as long as things start to get back to semi-normal in mid June things should be okay. Some of the software guys and engineers are being super productive, really good way to look at bugs and fix things because they stay out of in office meetings and away from the micromanagers. It is also allowing some of the programmers to be night owls and tackling a multitude of issues as well as have time to do some fun/cool stuff they might not always have had time in the past to do. Based on some supplier reports summer shutdown weeks will be moved or eliminated all together.

Ford still has the foot on the gas as much as it can vs GM and FCA. Ford needs new product in the showroom, they've ben taking about the next 18 months for 3 years getting this right is the companies future.
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

dollars to donuts Job #1 slips to early spring
I'm not a day 1 buyer, so a slippage in production doesn't affect my purchase schedule, but I'm still hoping for more like late winter (thinking late January into February) if it slips at all.

The earlier these get into early buyers' hands, the sooner I can start watching YouTube videos and seeing how they actually perform in the real world.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So was the Bronco ever used for any expeditions anywhere like the Land Rover Defender and the Land Rover Discovery? Maybe not, or? And also, have the military anywhere used the Bronco? You know, like the Land Rovers. Yes/no?
Broncos have been used for serious offroading all across this vast continent. They havd been used by ranchers, farmers, law enforcement, mudders whose girlfriends like to have a seat in the bed, and all sorts for years. They have not been traditionally used un our military because our military likes to build huge expensive behemoths for any serious foreign use. Yeah we used the k5s some but mostly for supervisors around base.
I feel Broncos havent gone worldwide because at home they have a wide world to tackle already. Unlike landrovers who ran out of room on the british isles as soon as the built more then one or 2. The leftovers of British colonialsim fueled landrovers expansion worldwide. The US prefers to send larger purpose built vehicles abroad rather than vehicles not designed for combat. Landrovers have been well documented for not being able to carry adequate armor to protect occupants from landmines and ieds simply because their chassis werent ever designed to carry 2000lbs of armor and occupants and payload. Even the Humvees proved to be overweight with enough armor to protect occupants which is why the military has switched to much beefier platforms. Also the same reason jeeps were replaced by hummers. Landrover soldiered on in the face of the facts of changes in war often at the sacrifice of soldiers. Just like warlords who love their toyotas, cheap and effective and there are always more child soldiers to train.

This was never the plan of the bronco. It was designed for farmers with wives and was adopted by all the fun loving americans like have a truck and eat their cake too.

Not that i dont like idea of landrovers, just never could afford one or its maintence.

Also my wifes 96 bronco is used as our tow vehicle, camper, her construction tool hauler work vehicle, beach day vehicle, and our laundry and grocery day vehicle. The only thing we dont use it for is dump runs. For that i use my comanche with its 2000lb payload capacity.

Now does anyone have any bronco leaks or shall we continue arguing with posh landrover folk?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Broncos have been used for serious offroading all across this vast continent. They havd been used by ranchers, farmers, law enforcement, mudders whose girlfriends like to have a seat in the bed, and all sorts for years. They have not been traditionally used un our military because our military likes to build huge expensive behemoths for any serious foreign use. Yeah we used the k5s some but mostly for supervisors around base.
I feel Broncos havent gone worldwide because at home they have a wide world to tackle already. Unlike landrovers who ran out of room on the british isles as soon as the built more then one or 2. The leftovers of British colonialsim fueled landrovers expansion worldwide. The US prefers to send larger purpose built vehicles abroad rather than vehicles not designed for combat. Landrovers have been well documented for not being able to carry adequate armor to protect occupants from landmines and ieds simply because their chassis werent ever designed to carry 2000lbs of armor and occupants and payload. Even the Humvees proved to be overweight with enough armor to protect occupants which is why the military has switched to much beefier platforms. Also the same reason jeeps were replaced by hummers. Landrover soldiered on in the face of the facts of changes in war often at the sacrifice of soldiers. Just like warlords who love their toyotas, cheap and effective and there are always more child soldiers to train.

This was never the plan of the bronco. It was designed for farmers with wives and was adopted by all the fun loving americans like have a truck and eat their cake too.

Not that i dont like idea of landrovers, just never could afford one or its maintence.

Also my wifes 96 bronco is used as our tow vehicle, camper, her construction tool hauler work vehicle, beach day vehicle, and our laundry and grocery day vehicle. The only thing we dont use it for is dump runs. For that i use my comanche with its 2000lb payload capacity.

Now does anyone have any bronco leaks or shall we continue arguing with posh landrover folk?
This is one of my best memories of an old Bronco.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Bravo! I had thought about a very similar response, but was too lazy. Thank you for taking the time to type that out!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is one of my best memories of an old Bronco.

I remember that show.. 40 seconds in is the Built Ford Tough moment. :LOL:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kathline Turner is HOT !! I always have to take a minute every time I see these old flicks from back in the day I think of the "stuntman", a lost art because of all the computer generated stuff so common now.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kathline Turner is HOT !! I always have to take a minute every time I see these old flicks from back in the day I think of the "stuntman", a lost art because of all the computer generated stuff so common now.
Have you watched Mad Max Fury Road? Great practical effects.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the stuntman is still around just not recognized like they always have been. Look at people like Zoe Bell and her work on Xena, Kill Bill, and Deathproof. They even made a documentary about her. Also you have pure lunatic actors like Tom Cruise who scales mountains with nothing but a fishing line, and straps himself to the side of cargo jets. The stuntman or woman is still there taking punches though, but if you see em they arent doing their job right.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs