Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just went wheeling in my Wildtrak all stock besides method 0 offset wheels (doesnt matter). Ripped some dirt road at high speeds, hit whoops, caught very little air, and all that fun stuff. Turns out that under compression the tire rubs the inner lip of the front fender. Not a big deal at all. Raptors do the same thing with the fender liners and flares. However for those of you who are running 37s or want to run them let this be your warning that if you use the suspension to its fullest you are likely going to cause major damage your front fenders. In the pics below you can see that from my limited offroad use the paint is already gone and the tire even got into the fender flare some. It doesn't seem like this area can really be massaged or trimmed to make 37s work so I would definitely invest in fiberglass fenders.
20220501_094706.jpg
20220501_102416.jpg
20220501_155117.jpg
20220501_155146.jpg
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the steel OEM fenders accessory would hold up better and/or prevent the scuffs on the paint. Although, I’m not sure how they’re mounted to the points on the fenders themselves.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think those that are stuffing 37's on a stock Sasquatch without any accommodating mods are interested in using the stock suspension to it's fullest.
I agree however this doesn't really have much to do with suspension because no matter what suspension you install it will always have the same up travel minus spacer lifts and those dumb huge lifts. You can put race coilovers on and it will have the same result if not worse due to shorter compressed length

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree however this doesn't really have much to do with suspension because no matter what suspension you install it will always have the same up travel minus spacer lifts and those dumb huge lifts. You can put race coilovers on and it will have the same result if not worse due to shorter compressed length
I think a few companies now are making perch collars to limit up travel for running 37s

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time for pneumatic bumpstops, or a regular mechanical bumpstop to address the excessive uptravel.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zero offset also does not help. Stick with OEM offset if you want less rubbing during suspension articulation
In this case it doesn't matter. The tire would still contact with stick wheels
Sponsored