Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installation was no big deal, but the fluids as Ford wants them is very much PITA! The genius engineer who put the dip stick right next to the catalytic converter but tells you to check your fluid level when it’s 205°.

Ooh and he complained about the fluid because it had to be Mercron ULV. It took about 7.5qt.

This video was the helper guide.
10R80 Fluid Change Procedure
Thanks. Yeah, knew the level check was going to be a PITA - have plenty of ULV handy and buying some heat-resistant gloves as well.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup. I complained about taking the whole plastic section off every time it needed changed so hole it is.
During my first oil change I installed one of these drain plugs/valves. This way I can connect a hose and drain out to the side while not needing To remove skids…

UPR Easy Drain Valve

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Yeah, knew the level check was going to be a PITA - have plenty of ULV handy and buying some heat-resistant gloves as well.
Probably a good plan!

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
During my first oil change I installed one of these drain plugs/valves. This way I can connect a hose and drain out to the side while not needing To remove skids…

UPR Easy Drain Valve
That’s nifty. Maybe if my drain plug breaks someday I can upgrade. 😁

JayP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend Sasquatch Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

UPR Easy Drain Valve
Did you use the UPR drain plug? Can you send pics of how you run the tube? Also, did you leave the drain tube on it, or remove it afterwards?
With these ARB skid plates I’d like to avoid taking any of them off unless necessary.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you use the UPR drain plug? Can you send pics of how you run the tube? Also, did you leave the drain tube on it, or remove it afterwards?
With these ARB skid plates I’d like to avoid taking any of them off unless necessary.
Yes, I used the UPR plug. I just slide the tube on when I need to drain, there is enough room to do that without needing to drop the skid. The tube is long enough I can redirect out the side and into a drain pan. I'll try to grab a pic.

JayP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! I’m having a huge debate on what to do still! I have the ARB skids all loosely installed, haven’t tightened them down due to one of the “nut on a stick” breaking and being unable to tighten one of the bolts for the transfer case shield.

I’ll probably contact ARB tomorrow and see if they can send me another nut on a stick and bolt, and just dremel the old one off.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! I’m having a huge debate on what to do still! I have the ARB skids all loosely installed, haven’t tightened them down due to one of the “nut on a stick” breaking and being unable to tighten one of the bolts for the transfer case shield.

I’ll probably contact ARB tomorrow and see if they can send me another nut on a stick and bolt, and just dremel the old one off.
A few pics, It’s a 1/2” ID clear hose, which I had left over from our recent hybrid water heater install (condensation line).

IMG_7767.jpeg
IMG_7770.jpeg
IMG_7768.jpeg
IMG_7769.jpeg

JayP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks easy enough. You have access to the drain without any removal of bolts or loosening them? Are those the ARB skids?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks easy enough. You have access to the drain without any removal of bolts or loosening them? Are those the ARB skids?
Correct. OEM engine skid right there. SRQ aluminum front skid, Talons Garage transmission and the rest are RCI in aluminum.

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_7717.jpeg

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m planning on installing that pan on our Ranger. There’s a guy fabricating a much less expensive dipstick/fill option than the one that’s currently on the market for like $250. I’ll link the thread.
Do you have the link?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have the link?
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/remote-transmission-dip-stick-aftermarket-support.24547/

Just put your name down on the list by stating your interest. Eventually he’ll have enough in production that he’ll have them readily available on a website. But, it’s top quality craftsmanship. Perfectly form fitted hose and calibrated dipstick. The others on the market have to be marked/scored yourself.

Just installed mine last week. Finally got around to testing after a nice long drive and I was at least 1/2 quart low. Hoping that alleviates the weird hesitations I’m getting here and there. But, it was preemptive to replacing the plastic pan with PPE, new filter, etc and having the ease of drain & fill.