CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone running these and have any feedback to share? I am thinking about grabbing the transfer case, transmission, and fuel tank skids.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have engine and gas tank and love them. I went another way on transmission because I have v6 crossmembers and my LOD skid wraps around them

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have engine and gas tank and love them. I went another way on transmission because I have v6 crossmembers and my LOD skid wraps around them
I have the V6 crossmembers as well. Does the ASFIR transmission skid not fit those or does it simply cover the crossmembers with no extra pieces needed?

PS...for the engine, does it have an access panel to change the oil or do you have to drop it?

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the V6 crossmembers as well. Does the ASFIR transmission skid not fit those or does it simply cover the crossmembers with no extra pieces needed?

PS...for the engine, does it have an access panel to change the oil or do you have to drop it?
It’s just a much narrower skid that works with both engines, and they sell cross member skid plates separately. Lots of manufacturers have taken this same approach and I’m sure it’s fine, I just preferred the LOD solution of 1 piece covering everything.

For the engine, there is a hole that is big enough to change the oil without dropping the skid. I’d prefer an access panel but the hole seems to work fine and I’ve not gotten hung up on it yet.

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone running these and have any feedback to share? I am thinking about grabbing the transfer case, transmission, and fuel tank skids.

Thanks in advance.
I run the front skid and the transmission skid. I liked the easy oil change opening, and the light weight. I only using them to protect the delicate plastic bits from rocks/ice, no heavy off road so I cant comment on durability off road. I was able to easily install without putting the truck on a lift (just ramps).

Sponsored

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have V6 with Asfir transmission skid and transfer case. All other skids are factory. They ship amazingly fast. Perhaps right now shipping could be slowed somewhat due to the events in their region. Everything bolts up real simple.

They are thick enough to protect. Our driving has given us a couple medium hits to the skids so we have not really tested them. Their transmission plate covers that big hole factory plates leave open. For us that hole seems to be a good place for heavy brush and other debris to get up in and be a potential for trouble. The transfer case plate seems stronger than the factory so we added that also. The couple of rock ledges we scrapped left a mark but no damage to the Asfir or the factory plates.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We installed this type washer to the bolts on our skid plates. Otherwise the bolt head just hangs out in the open, Seems like a good chance to damage the head.
https://rallitek.com/products/rallitek-dome-washers-m8
Yep; those are the same style that Metal Cloak uses. I had the full MC skid set on my Wrangler and those do save the bolts and allow rocks to slide over the bolt versus snagging them.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s just a much narrower skid that works with both engines, and they sell cross member skid plates separately. Lots of manufacturers have taken this same approach and I’m sure it’s fine, I just preferred the LOD solution of 1 piece covering everything.

For the engine, there is a hole that is big enough to change the oil without dropping the skid. I’d prefer an access panel but the hole seems to work fine and I’ve not gotten hung up on it yet.
Does it really only have 1 bolt on the far end?

Ford Bronco Feedback on ASFIR Aluminum Skid Plates? 1369__33953

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with RCI since they're made in America. Pricing wasn't too different at the time.
I have the full underside skids in aluminum, plus their rock rail/steps. Love them!

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep; those are the same style that Metal Cloak uses. I had the full MC skid set on my Wrangler and those do save the bolts and allow rocks to slide over the bolt versus snagging them.
All the Asfir skid plates come with dome washers, and all hardware that is needed. I have the engine(front skid plate), tranny, transfer case, and the front lower control arms. May get the fuel tank and cross member arms protector late, but for now, everything is protected. They are a nice product, and there service is great if you need them.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the Asfir skid plates come with dome washers, and all hardware that is needed. I have the engine(front skid plate), tranny, transfer case, and the front lower control arms. May get the fuel tank and cross member arms protector late, but for now, everything is protected. They are a nice product, and there service is great if you need them.
Are the dome washers pretty thick? Metal Cloak's was at least 1/8" thick.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had dome washers on other skids I’ve used shear off multiple times. Grade 8 hardware also. Maybe just my bad luck, but I plan to avoid them if I can when I upgrade my factory armor.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have ASFIR transmission skid. It looses minimal clearance and covers minimal area, positives in my book. Dome washers are not real heavy, but nicely sunken into the skid.
Sponsored