First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'55 Chevy 3800 Panel Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The excitement of getting a new Ford Bronco that I've had since just before my reservation of 7/14/2020, sadly has fizzled. I believe I've been patient and more than understanding.

Excepting the chip issues, which I don't believe anyone could have foreseen -- Ford's inability to communicate status with their customers, prioritize reservation holders, train and set dealer mechanics for success on this new product (Ford has had plenty of time), announcing new Bronco variants without squaring out the existing products and all the initial quality and dependability problems, combined, is a major Ford failure.

I'm just tremendously disappointed with this all around. So, I created this 'Ford Bronco Wheel of Misfortune' to calm my frustration. Spin to find out what will keep your new Bronco within a 10 mile radius of your home for the time you'll own it! :)

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Wheel of Misfortune!! 1650221925560

Dan
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good one, Dan!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain. The only thing I had going for me is I didn't NEED the Bronco, I just wanted it.

Some folks that had other cars coming off of leases were really in a bind, I am glad I was not one of them. Finally got mine a little less than a month ago, and all I can say is it will (hopefully) be worth the wait.

I have a huge grin on my face every time I go somewhere in my BL. It is more fun to drive than I expected, and love the manual.

Hopefully yours will arrive sooner rather than later.

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The excitement of getting a new Ford Bronco that I've had since just before my reservation of 7/14/2020, sadly has fizzled. I believe I've been patient and more than understanding.

Excepting the chip issues, which I don't believe anyone could have foreseen -- Ford's inability to communicate status with their customers, prioritize reservation holders, train and set dealer mechanics for success on this new product (Ford has had plenty of time), announcing new Bronco variants without squaring out the existing products and all the initial quality and dependability problems, combined, is a major Ford failure.

I'm just tremendously disappointed with this all around. So, I created this 'Ford Bronco Wheel of Misfortune' to calm my frustration. Spin to find out what will keep your new Bronco within a 10 mile radius of your home for the time you'll own it! :)

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Wheel of Misfortune!! einstein-smart

Dan
It’s just the “chip issues” were obviously an excuse. They found enough to continue production for 20k broncos since the so called chip shortage. Just be straight they misappropriated available chips. It is a complex process. But to add insult to injure they can’t plan a retrofit operation. Since we know the “part” is available the only constraint is labor. The vehicles that were left short shouldn’t be left short for 3 months while they produce 20k complete bronco. It simply didn’t have the priority. Again we are in the dark about what module and the retrofit process but it’s a easy process from what I believe. No excuses they F up.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s just the “chip issues” were obviously an excuse. They found enough to continue production for 20k broncos since the so called chip shortage. Just be straight they misappropriated available chips. It is a complex process. But to add insult to injure they can’t plan a retrofit operation. Since we know the “part” is available the only constraint is labor. The vehicles that were left short shouldn’t be left short for 3 months while they produce 20k complete bronco. It simply didn’t have the priority. Again we are in the dark about what module and the retrofit process but it’s a easy process from what I believe. No excuses they F up.
Its an excuse, really, you seen to know it all don't you. Do you think Ford doesn't want to build these????????????

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is unknown front differential noises when in 4wd. Goes in 4-25 earliest appointment I could get for them to disassemble and find the problem. I hope it won’t be months but they already prepped me to be ready for at least 2-3 weeks citing getting any bronco parts has taken a long time.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its an excuse, really, you seen to know it all don't you. Do you think Ford doesn't want to build these????????????
Oh for sure they want to. That totally not the point. The point is the communication and the timing. They messed up in many ways that resulted in delays and they didn’t not not communicate. Sure they did what is best for them maintain the cash flow with new vehicles and put the other off untill they get around to it. It’s still not best management practice delay customers orders. They are not used to a backlog and this is how they’ve operated in the past. Need to realize the situation is different.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Wheel of Misfortune!! einstein-smart

Dan
Missing the 2.3L turbo wastegate failure that's hitting a good number of '22s (and Rangers, too)...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Missing the 2.3L turbo wastegate failure that's hitting a good number of '22s (and Rangers, too)...
If that is any consolation then Dan should be lucky his has not been built except his tagline does not indicate when he converted his reservation to an order. If he did so a year ago there seem to be no constraints in his build that would have prevented production. Unless he is holding out for a painted roof, for which I am afraid he will be holding out forever.

OP
OP
shadocontrol

shadocontrol

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that is any consolation then Dan should be lucky his has not been built except his tagline does not indicate when he converted his reservation to an order.
Updated my sig w/:

Dan A
'22 Toyota 4Runner
Waiting on 2022 Ford Badlands Carbonized Grey w/Manual w/Sasquatch & LUX - reserved 7/14/2020 - ordered 5/19/2021 - (1st production date 04/25/2022) :cool: - no VIN, yet.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of these issues can be attributed to Hanlon's razor.
Sponsored