Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but @EricAtKearnyMesaFord sent out a nice email stating that Kearny Mesa had no intention of charging an additional deposit at order, but is now required to by Ford. They will not be charging anything beyond the $500 and it will be refundable pending unforeseen circumstances at delivery.

Man, I’m happy I switched to Eric haha!! Interested to see what other dealerships do.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but @EricAtKearnyMesaFord sent out a nice email stating that Kearny Mesa had no intention of charging an additional deposit at order, but is now required to by Ford. They will not be charging anything beyond the $500 and it will be refundable pending unforeseen circumstances at delivery.

Man, I’m happy I switched to Eric haha!! Interested to see what other dealerships do.
Sounds like he’s lying...as other dealers already responded that they aren’t requiring more than the $100....or he may be stretching the truth since he is saying he now needs to because Ford has penalties if the Bronco goes to someone besides the res holder...so they’re “forcing” him to do it.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i don’t mind the additional deposit. It makes sense to further ensure that people that plan to go through with their order up to delivery. It another step to make sure we who are very serious can get our Broncos as soon as possible, and people who are more on the fence will probably back out. It does seem the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing when it comes to dealers and Ford.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the additional deposit were going directly to FORD to support manufacturing, i would be fine with it, but if it's going to the dealer, not so much.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They made the Mach-e reservations $500 right from the start. Surprised they didn't do that with the Bronco out of the gate.
I have to wonder how that worked out? Ford has lowered the price and also, first edition is no longer sold out. Did people change to other trims or cancel altogether?

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered several vehicles and my dealer never asked for a deposit. Don't know if Bronco will be different?
I've ordered several cars from the same dealership over the last 20 years and literally my wife's 2020 Explorer ST last July was the first time they've ever asked for a deposit.

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Have you been to that dealership lately? As I previously posted to Eric it was a mess. The two employees I spoke with were completely rude and it was mobbed. I don't think it was mobbed with people buying new cars either...

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So they WILL be expecting an additional deposit at order time.
Totally normal with every car I've ordered. Couple thousand is usually fine

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a screenshot of my reservation on 7/13 at 9:45 PM, but I didn’t get an email til 7/15 at 5AM giving me a reservation date of 7/14. Aggravating... ?
That happened to me to, as the email I finally received on 7/15 had a 7/14 date, however I went in to talk to the sales manager at mylocal dealership and he looked up my “Timestamp” that matched my 7/13 @ 10:08 reservation. So the dealers have the correct time stamp in the system from Ford!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mwuaha! Damn I hope not. I actually think I'm going to forego some of the accessories to make sure I get the modular hard top. I want the ability to pop off certain panels and leave the rear on. I think that will be pricey.

Otherwise.
Black Diamond 4-door
2.7 + mid-package
Modular Hard top.

That will probably be $45-48k+ before granger + CA 10%. Maybe that means I just go WildTrack? lol.
This...
I might skip out on most of the accessories to get the exact rig I want..

BD 2 door
Squatch
2.7 AT
Mid

Or

BL
2.7 AT
33’s upgraded wheels
Black modular top

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading through all these posts.. it’s funny most people are divided in to one of two camps..

One- I shouldn’t be required to place any additional deposit down since there are no Broncos to even sit in or a timeframe of when I get said rig.

Two- I don’t care if I have to put down a large deposit it will” weed” out non committal buyers..

I’m more in camp 1...
It’s hard to fathom placing a large deposit down on something unseen and without a timeframe of when I get the vehicle
I have a feeling certain people are so blinded by I want this vehicle I would give them my damn kidney as a deposit ..kind of comical to me...
Sponsored