Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

501A supercrew FX4 w/ tow package is $44K. So that makes it $9K more than the $35K loaded Maverick (I built a $37K personally just to see). $7K-$9K more before taxes is a considerable amount of money especially if you know that the Maverick can handle what you throw at it.

Plus you can get a moon roof with the Maverick!
Why donā€™t you just get a bronco sport then? Pretty much the same argument.

A Ranger FX4 is a far more capable truck. Fully boxed frame, true 4wd system, locking differential, etc. The maverick is a unibody AWD trucklet. It has a purpose but a replacement for the true midsize truck it is not.

The Maverick appears to be what the ridgeline should have been. An affordable entry level truck with minimal off-road capability but enough comfort features to attract a wide audience.
Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Itā€™s cause the Escape hybrid is also FWD only. I do agree however that that is poor planning from Ford. Toyota does hybrid AWD with engine in the front and motors in the back. Not sure why Ford didnā€™t look into making that packaging for this platform.
Incorrect. I currently have a 2020 Hybrid AWD Escape Titanium. The Hybrid Escape also comes in an AWD Sport SE model as well.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that hybrid had AWD my Bronco order would be in trouble. Itā€™s tempting to keep my Challenger and buy an XL but without AWD I canā€™t justify the second vehicle (since capability is what started this whole adventure for me). Iā€™ll be keeping my eye on subsequent model years though! Ford is killing it with these new vehicles in my opinion. Or will be. When they become real. And we can drive them.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect. I currently have a 2020 Hybrid AWD Escape Titanium. The Hybrid Escape also comes in an AWD Sport SE model as well.
Shoot youā€™re right, I was thinking of the Escape PHEV. Will edit my post. Wonder why they canā€™t do hybrid and AWD then?

Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it a lot for a budget "truck" for around town. That price point is amazing. Good job Ford.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! D7CC709C-5C7F-442F-B7A0-141D532C701C

I wonder how much more it would cost if it were produced in the USA? Or better yet... how much cheaper would our Broncos be if they were made in Mexico? And if produced in Mexico, would the MIC roof issues be corrected already?

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll admit I havenā€™t read through all 22 pages on this thread, but I thought Area51 was a color only reserved for the Bronco. But I just reviewed the Maverick on Ford.com and the colorizer shows itā€™s also available in Area51. WTH?

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 23CFF5D6-7118-4ED3-8609-3778AAEF67E2

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look at all those cupholders!!!!
(lots of good arguments cut here, see original post)
In all sincerity these things are gonna sell like hotcakes.

TL/DR:
Not for big ole' truck peeps, "keeping up with the Jones'" peeps, but for a lot of others.
Big, decisive move by Ford and will sell a shi*-ton of them.
You nailed it, I think this is going to be a big seller and pretty much the only one in it's abandoned market. The young family, the city dweller that likes to mountain bike, and all the others you mentioned, this is a brilliant little truck. I already have a Bronco and a F150 lightning reservation, so I'm not jumping on this one too, but if I were young and urban, a student or just out of school and working my first job, hungry for outdoor adventure? This is what I'd buy, there's really nothing else like it out there. And the upcoming competition looks pretty lame in comparison.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone needs to haul something. Bags of dogfood, a bale of hay, a desk, couple bags of manure, sand, a kid's playhouse, paint, cans of gas...

To me a small bed pickup is simply so much more practical than an SUV because you can haul that stuff on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle. People who live where it rains a lot probably have a different idea, but in AZ it's an almost perfect town car. Anyone I have ever met with one of those old Sport Tracs simply loves the thing.

Only two things I hate about this car. Front wheel drive, and no stick-shift. I just detest driving an auto transmission, and FWD cars turn funny.

I priced out a nice XLT in Cyber orange at around $27k. If FoMoCo would simply put a stick in it I'd be tempted.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€œ I can bust a rhyme about anything. Traffic, traffic, looking for my chapstick, there goes a Ford Maverick. Dats a million dollar rhyme right derā€.
I would like to know why EVERY Ford truck hasn't incorporated that bed system years ago?
In other news, Ford now will have three vehicles that require a deposit to reserve well in advance of actual production. Compounding that interest seems to be the new gimmick.
that deposit goes directly to what ever dealer somebody chooses, not much compound interest in there spread out over some 8k dealers.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, hope they sell a million of them, at least I'll be able to see around them in traffic.
haha, good one, that's exactly why I'll never buy a low car again in this country, everybody is driving fucking closets around, can't see anything w/o being lifted up too. Would love to have an other little low two seater like the Miata we had, but not when being stuck behind giant bumpers and seeing nothing. Well, nothing but big truck's asses that is.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
R
Omg already a Ford Maverick truck fanboy!!!

How excited are you?!?

will you stick to the FWD?

šŸ˜‡
Really for what it is its nice and could maybe see one in a possible future, but no the fwd means I would always be pissed when working on it. If I didnt get the awd it wpould never make it out of my valley. Atleast now without Jeremy Clarkson behind the wheel.

Really my only gripe with Ford offering a small truck is that they called it a Maverick!
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 100_0112.JPG

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 100_0106.JPG

Anybody looking for a lil rake?
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 100_0152.JPG

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
R

Really for what it is its nice and could maybe see one in a possible future, but no the fwd means I would always be pissed when working on it. If I didnt get the awd it wpould never make it out of my valley. Atleast now without Jeremy Clarkson behind the wheel.

Really my only gripe with Ford offering a small truck is that they called it a Maverick!
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 100_0152.JPG

Anybody looking for a lil rake?
So they re used Maverick, they brought back the Tremor package which I only knew it as a audio package on the Ranger, it could have been something before. They reused lightning (while I love the second gen lightning, it is a pretty damn good EV name....)
Is this Ford being smart or cheap reusing nameplates?
Sponsored