2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, directions say to have 13 mm socket --- Standard and Deep Well

Is the Deep Well needed ?

I am installing this weekend

Thanks
Yes, the deep-well 13mm socket is needed.

Of course, after searching through all of my tools, my 13mm deep-well socket was the only one that I was missing. Ugh. I had to buy another one.
Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Of course, after searching through all of my tools, my 13mm deep-well socket was the only one that I was missing. Ugh. I had to buy another one.

Ok. Thanks

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The deep well clears the hood ball mount to be able to tighten it.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed these today on my stock Badlands. Caution for the shortys out there. I'm 5'10'' and I have to pull the hood down by the latch 'hoop'. I can't touch the hood itself from facing directly front w/o rolling forward on the front of my foot. It raises the hood quite a bit. Shorter person with a lift and taller tires may have some difficulty getting it closed once opened.

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just installed. World of difference. Easy install. Followed directions -- smooth. I'm 5'8" and I just grab the hood "hoop" as the guy in previous post. No problem

I'm guessing that the individual that could not get them to fit -- must have either been defective OR Maybe they put the wrong vehicle struts in the Bronco pkg. Since they make them for the Mustang, etc.

Ford Bronco Ford performance hood struts install 20230408_131638

Ford Bronco Ford performance hood struts install 20230408_131647

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool mod BUT super over priced. I did the Mabett version for literally $40. It even looks better in stainless steel (only seeing the black carbon color now- but same price). Lift height on the hood is REMARKABLY better.

Mabett Front Bonnet Hood Lift Supports Upgraded Version for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 2/4-Door Shock Struts Gas Springs Shocks (Carbon Steel Black) https://a.co/d/cjoTNwP

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool mod BUT super over priced. I did the Mabett version for literally $40. It even looks better in stainless steel (only seeing the black carbon color now- but same price). Lift height on the hood is REMARKABLY better.

Mabett Front Bonnet Hood Lift Supports Upgraded Version for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 2/4-Door Shock Struts Gas Springs Shocks (Carbon Steel Black) https://a.co/d/cjoTNwP
At third of the price, the Mabett's price definitely wins!

But for me, the Ford logo has some value.

Most importantly for me, the bracket for Mabett goes over the painted ledge of the Bronco, where as the genuine Ford bracket fits in an existing bolt. Therefore, no scratches or marring of the paint if ever removed in the future. For this I vote for Ford!

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, my vote is FREE Using Ford Pass Points. I know not everyone has them, so I would have gone other brands that were cheaper had I not had the Points.

ALSO, For those that did this mod. Did you remove prop rod -- any issue? What mm wrench?

Thanks

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mabett may be less expensive, but what about quality? Redline makes the lifts for Ford. I put Redline lifts on my Subaru about eight years ago and they're still working great. Also if they do wear out, I can go on Redline's website and order replacement cylinders. I don't have to order a new kit.

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed these today on my stock Badlands. Caution for the shortys out there. I'm 5'10'' and I have to pull the hood down by the latch 'hoop'. I can't touch the hood itself from facing directly front w/o rolling forward on the front of my foot. It raises the hood quite a bit. Shorter person with a lift and taller tires may have some difficulty getting it closed once opened.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm 5'6" with a stock Badlands. I'll still get the lifts, love them on my Subaru, but will have to mount a pull down lanyard somewhere.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$103 + shipping from Levittown Ford. I'll save my pass points for something I can't order online.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zero quality issue with the Mabetts so far. Can't see the value in the up charge.
Mabett may be less expensive, but what about quality? Redline makes the lifts for Ford. I put Redline lifts on my Subaru about eight years ago and they're still working great. Also if they do wear out, I can go on Redline's website and order replacement cylinders. I don't have to order a new kit.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll probably end up ordering Redlines from Redline. American made and I can talk to someone from the factory if I have a question.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unbelievable, they charge you $130 for something that they should have put in from the start.
Sponsored