Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune install in California?

jp925

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not to derail this topic, and maybe lethal or someone who knows the ford's ECU better than me can chime in; but if you install yourself, and for some reason something goes wrong in a year or 2, if you un-flash it, how on earth could they blame the tuner? there's no written code metadata stored within the ECU, so all it would look like was you cleared DTC's; right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisH

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Expand the search past the default 10 miles. At 50 miles, it shows 6 open to the public. 5 of them even have direct links to their websites.
I did expand the search and only 2 are located within an hour drive from me and have working links. I am going to give the two that have working links a call in the morning and see what they say. I appreciate your help.

Btw I really like your color and build combo on your bronco. A 2 door eruption green was nearly impossible to find around me.

I'll update the thread tomorrow on who is willing to install it and who offers the best price in the Orange County area in case anyone is wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
ChrisH

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's nice of you.
You have more patience than I do.
You took the time to read the whole thread and write out a reply. Seems like a good amount of patience to me. Don't sell yourself short!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! It was a long wait. Ordered the beginning of Feb ‘21, Picked up mid March ‘23. All good though.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're open to driving, Galpin Autosports (GAS) has experience installing the tune. There's a Denny's across the street to have a meal while you wait, or you can hang out in their showroom.

Customers with built Bronco's and Raptors are in and out of there all day long, and it's where I take my Bronco for suspension work, upgrades, etc.
Any idea what Galpin charges for the install?

Sponsored

asorkey427

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I recently heard that the Ford Performance Tune is now legal in California but it will void your warranty unless installed by a Ford Certified Technician.

But I am unable to find any dealership willing to install it. I am looking for technicians but none specifically state they are certified by Ford so I can keep my warranty.

Does anybody know where I can get it installed in the Orange County area or somewhere near?
Ford dealer in Oakland installed mine.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford dealer in Oakland installed mine.
Which dealer? SJ won’t install it.

I don’t understand why folks won’t install it. It’s a Ford product. Do they just not have the experience?

OP
OP
ChrisH

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which dealer? SJ won’t install it.

I don’t understand why folks won’t install it. It’s a Ford product. Do they just not have the experience?
I'm having the same problem here. All dealerships I have called have refused to install it. I've called a few shops including the one suggested earlier in this thread and one quoted me $1025 for the unit and install. Another shop said they couldn't give me a price over the phone.

I negotiated the price of the first install from Galpin Auto Sports to $920 which is about $720 for unit and $200 for install.

I did not expect to have to drive over an hour and pass 15+ Ford dealerships to get this tune installed. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm having the same problem here. All dealerships I have called have refused to install it. I've called a few shops including the one suggested earlier in this thread and one quoted me $1025 for the unit and install. Another shop said they couldn't give me a price over the phone.

I negotiated the price of the first install from Galpin Auto Sports to $920 which is about $720 for unit and $200 for install.

I did not expect to have to drive over an hour and pass 15+ Ford dealerships to get this tune installed. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...
Do they have to order the unit or is this something they stock. Do they care if you bring your own unit?

OP
OP
ChrisH

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do they have to order the unit or is this something they stock. Do they care if you bring your own unit?
They said they usually have to order them but I got lucky they had one in stock.

If you bring your own unit they will install it for $250 but if you order through them then they will install it for $200.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They said they usually have to order them but I got lucky they had one in stock.

If you bring your own unit they will install it for $250 but if you order through them then they will install it for $200.
Did you try Villa ford in Orange? I've usually had good luck with them. Also maybe talk to the parts guys and then have them ask the service about the install instead of asking the service direct.
Sponsored