First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if the ECM will add a little extra if you throw in some E85 with your 93? Coming from a different vehicle that I had a specific tune to run E30 mix (93 with a few gallons of E85) does anyone know if it will increase power because it senses less knock and continues to advance timing etc.? I plan on getting this soon, mainly to retain warranty because these vehicles are so dang expensive and I'm not looking to prematurely void the warranty. I have the 2.3l for reference. I'm also curious if it will learn as well once you add better flowing intake, charge pipes, etc.?

Not being a custom tune that is adjusted for specific parts and data logs I'm not sure how it would affect the performance 🤔

Thanks!
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good question - I suspect it won't do much, but I don't know and haven't tried it. Following to see what the answer is.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a JB4 added you can run up to 30% E85. With the Ford performance tuning normally you'd run one or two maps lower than on the factory flash. I'd suggest starting with JB4 map 1 and sending in a log and we can help you dial in the tuning!
I have this combo, but haven't tried E30 yet. I run it on map 3 w93 octane/water/meth injection in the summer, and it runs great! Went into limp at WOT on map 4 tho...tested a couple times then decided map 4 just was too risky. Your saying E30 could get me safely on to map 4? No changes to fuel mapping needed?

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this combo, but haven't tried E30 yet. I run it on map 3 w93 octane/water/meth injection in the summer, and it runs great! Went into limp at WOT on map 4 tho...tested a couple times then decided map 4 just was too risky. Your saying E30 could get me safely on to map 4? No changes to fuel mapping needed?
I never had a problem on map 5 with E30 w/no additional fuel mapping needed beyond the change in maps.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
E30 works just fine without any tune, e85 won’t work with any tune without other modifications

Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if the ECM will add a little extra if you throw in some E85 with your 93? Coming from a different vehicle that I had a specific tune to run E30 mix (93 with a few gallons of E85) does anyone know if it will increase power because it senses less knock and continues to advance timing etc.? I plan on getting this soon, mainly to retain warranty because these vehicles are so dang expensive and I'm not looking to prematurely void the warranty. I have the 2.3l for reference. I'm also curious if it will learn as well once you add better flowing intake, charge pipes, etc.?

Not being a custom tune that is adjusted for specific parts and data logs I'm not sure how it would affect the performance 🤔

Thanks!
it’ll take a custom tune. No way the ford performance tune or the factory tune have the E85 stoichiometric (AFR) fueling tables built in. Not to mention wider injector pulse windows, higher duty cycle, added timing.

as far as learning for mods, sorta. The fuel trim tables will add some fuel for for the airflow a bit

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
it’ll take a custom tune. No way the ford performance tune or the factory tune have the E85 stoichiometric (AFR) fueling tables built in. Not to mention wider injector pulse windows, higher duty cycle, added timing.

as far as learning for mods, sorta. The fuel trim tables will add some fuel for for the airflow a bit
Thanks, I was just curious. I would stop on my way to work and put some E85 in if it was the case lol. That's o.k., I like it so far. Drives much better!

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, I was just curious. I would stop on my way to work and put some E85 in if it was the case lol. That's o.k., I like it so far. Drives much better!
e85 is great for a forced induction, high compression, or nitrous engine though. For a variety of reasons. I used to have a couple cars running E85 and it’s very nice. Buuuuuuut the trade off is 30% worse fuel economy. Which, honestly, for me is not an option with a 2 door. It already is fuel limited even with my 4 gallons of external stores for longer trips

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
e85 is great for a forced induction, high compression, or nitrous engine though. For a variety of reasons. I used to have a couple cars running E85 and it’s very nice. Buuuuuuut the trade off is 30% worse fuel economy. Which, honestly, for me is not an option with a 2 door. It already is fuel limited even with my 4 gallons of external stores for longer trips
Yeah I had a mazdaspeed 3 tuned for an E30 mix. I think I still got like 25mpg. But a Bronco would probably get less than 15mpg lol

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I had a mazdaspeed 3 tuned for an E30 mix. I think I still got like 25mpg. But a Bronco would probably get less than 15mpg lol
I’m getting roughly 12 on E85 so far. The 37’s don’t exactly help either, but it sure is fun. (2.7 though, not 2.3)

Sponsored
OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m getting roughly 12 on E85 so far. The 37’s don’t exactly help either, but it sure is fun. (2.7 though, not 2.3)
Oh my, I'm sorry for your loss 🤣 93 it is!

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the e85Cal app and HP Tuners to see what the tank percentage is at and calculate the E content from there. It’s dead nuts accurate. For going to e30 this is what I’m going to use. Also depends on tank percentage.
And even the stock tune will add fuel to offset for the stoich change it’s going to see. E30 stoich is 13.0 and e10 pump gas is 14.08. The stock tune and fuel trims are more than capable of adding fuel to offset.

IMG_7934.png

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I use the e85Cal app and HP Tuners to see what the tank percentage is at and calculate the E content from there. It’s dead nuts accurate. For going to e30 this is what I’m going to use. Also depends on tank percentage.
And even the stock tune will add fuel to offset for the stoich change it’s going to see. E30 stoich is 13.0 and e10 pump gas is 14.08. The stock tune and fuel trims are more than capable of adding fuel to offset.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Tune with E85? IMG_7934
Oh nice, very cool!

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
How nice, haha?? My work commute is less than 5 miles. Seeing if it is worth the tradeoff, currently mixing my own 93 and I am getting better gas mileage than running straight premium

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door M - JB4- Map 4 -E30 15mpg. E85-$2.49 93 Octane- $4.49. With the right tune you feel the power of E85/E30 from 93 just as you can feel the extra power 93 from 87.
Sponsored