Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi All,
I was one of the people that originally ordered a hardtop and switched to soft to get my vehicle sooner. Ford gave me the 200k in points. So right now I have the equivalent of about $1250 in ford points. I've been checking the Ford Website for months now and still seems like accessories are lacking. I assume they are focused on trying to resolve production issues but wondering if anyone knows if Ford is expected to expand options on the accessory site anytime soon?

As of today the only thing that remotely looks interesting is the soundbar. I've seen mixed reviews on it. It blocks out the rear window, but visibility sucks anyway. I've heard it's overpriced but it would basicly be free with my points. Should I get the soundbar or wait another 6 months to see if anything better comes out on the website? Anyone have the soundbar and did you think it was worth it?

Thanks
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just use it for oil changes and spend the oil change money on other things.

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All,
I was one of the people that originally ordered a hardtop and switched to soft to get my vehicle sooner. Ford gave me the 200k in points. So right now I have the equivalent of about $1250 in ford points. I've been checking the Ford Website for months now and still seems like accessories are lacking. I assume they are focused on trying to resolve production issues but wondering if anyone knows if Ford is expected to expand options on the accessory site anytime soon?

As of today the only thing that remotely looks interesting is the soundbar. I've seen mixed reviews on it. It blocks out the rear window, but visibility sucks anyway. I've heard it's overpriced but it would basicly be free with my points. Should I get the soundbar or wait another 6 months to see if anything better comes out on the website? Anyone have the soundbar and did you think it was worth it?

Thanks
I did see a guy on here that mounted the sound bar on top of the rear "crossbar" instead of under so it didn't block the rear window as much i did like that option and I did hear a lot of positive reviews that the sound quality was greatly increases with the sound bar so to each there own on if it is needed.

RichL

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm waiting for the hardtops to come out as an acessory. May be while still. My dealer thinks MIC tops may be coming this year still. I am hoping since Mod tops are coming in 23 hopefully and maybe available after that sometime.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go to Flood and use the points on a significantly discounted Ford ESP warranty

Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that Ford doesn’t have a ton of worthwhile accessory options, and also that you can generally go directly through the vendor or other aftermarket companies and get much better pricing and/or products. I ended up using my points on an ESP through Granger and the points covered the entirety of it.

OP
OP

Neptune032701

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Didn't realize I could use points on ESP. How do those plans work? Is it basicly extending the vehicles warranty? If I purchase 8 years is it starting from today or starting from end of my current warranty?

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't realize I could use points on ESP. How do those plans work? Is it basicly extending the vehicles warranty? If I purchase 8 years is it starting from today or starting from end of my current warranty?
Contact @Granger Ford they have a great deal on ESP you can buy it from anyone and still use it at any Ford dealer. If I didn't buy mine from Flood ford online already I would have bought through them just to give them any business since Ford kind of screwed them over with allocations and they have been one of the most helpful and positive members on this forum

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Granger Ford beats Flood by at least $50.

@Granger Ford

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is what I used mine on, starts on the day you buy it.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use it when time for tires

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something that didn't cross my mind until recently is that the Ford Dealer's sell all the top name brand tires. My dealer confirmed I will have 262,000 points = $1,310. They said they can get me Toyo Open Country MTs (35s) for $342 a tire. Out of pocket $500 sounds like a pretty good deal to me for 5 new tires.

Reactions: Cat

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Neptune032701 I saw a post on YouTube that said don't waste your money on the JBL speaker, unless you upgrade the speakers in the kick panels and dash as well. While it is an upgrade from stock, the claim was, there are much better options out there for the same price or better.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that Ford doesn’t have a ton of worthwhile accessory options, and also that you can generally go directly through the vendor or other aftermarket companies and get much better pricing and/or products. I ended up using my points on an ESP through Granger and the points covered the entirety of it.
100% on the markup. Bestop soft top from Ford is $2400, retail elsewhere is $1799, and I ordered mine for $1629 (friend who has wholesale accounts). That’s a pretty steep premium.

OP
OP

Neptune032701

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks all!!! I think I'll save it for tires or ESP. Still wanted to upgrade my sound system so I visited a local place and they just happened to have finished upgrading the audio system in another Bronco that was parked out front. They demo'd it and I was hooked. Went a little crazy but ended up ordering the same setup. Getting it done next week.
Sponsored