First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I recently bought a Braptor as a many know. Was excited as I traded a new 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 2 door for the Braptor. Nothing but problems with it during the 4 months I had it. In the shop 8 times.
I thought Ford might have higher QC than Stellantis as I have had 8 ford's in my 40+ years of driving.
Long story short, took the Braptor to my Ceramic guy for ceramic and PPF the hood. Got a call last night. Need to come see this.
After a level one paint correction, you can see crap in the clear coat, small divits, and worst of all in my opinion, see photo.
How in the hell does this get past QC on the line and then PDI at the dealer?
Was not happy. If we hadn't been putting in a K&N air filter might have not seen this for a while. Right side is fine but you can see that movement has chipped away at some paint at the bracket..Ceramic guy hesitant to tighten bolt as concerned it could strip. Recommended Dealer do it.
Called the Sales GM at dealership and raised holy hell. Hopefully they fix this.

20240522_180855.jpg
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why Ford is #1 in recalls and spends a couple billion more in warranty expenses than the next closest manufacturer. The other thing that's true is throwing a ton more $$ at the line workers proves there's no more shits given about what they're building. This is true across all Ford and Lincoln models and the sad part is the Mexico and China built vehicles we've gotten appear to have better build quality than the domestic stuff.

With the nut not fully installed and excessive trash in the paint, it's possible it went through the line and wasn't caught but more than likely it had some defects and was repainted by their "body shop" at the plant. QC there is worse than the line from our experience but FFS, the dealer should've caught that if they did even a half assed PDI.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I recently bought a Braptor as a many know. Was excited as I traded a new 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 2 door for the Braptor. Nothing but problems with it during the 4 months I had it. In the shop 8 times.
I thought Ford might have higher QC than Stellantis as I have had 8 ford's in my 40+ years of driving.
Long story short, took the Braptor to my Ceramic guy for ceramic and PPF the hood. Got a call last night. Need to come see this.
After a level one paint correction, you can see crap in the clear coat, small divits, and worst of all in my opinion, see photo.
How in the hell does this get past QC on the line and then PDI at the dealer?
Was not happy. If we hadn't been putting in a K&N air filter might have not seen this for a while. Right side is fine but you can see that movement has chipped away at some paint at the bracket..Ceramic guy hesitant to tighten bolt as concerned it could strip. Recommended Dealer do it.
Called the Sales GM at dealership and raised holy hell. Hopefully they fix this.

20240522_180855.jpg
Morning Phil. Yeah, it baffles the mind as to how something like that would get by. Seems like the QC departments givashit has been broken for a while now. Your problems are just the tip of the iceberg. You heard about the bronco with mismatched seats?

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Morning Phil. Yeah, it baffles the mind as to how something like that would get by. Seems like the QC departments givashit has been broken for a while now. Your problems are just the tip of the iceberg. You heard about the bronco with mismatched seats?
"You heard about the bronco with mismatched seats?"
Have not but that doesn't surprise me at this point!

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for your issues, really am. None are perfect, not even the most expensive or the cheapest. Hell you should see some 6-figure Limited 450's I have seen roll off the truck here. Raising holy hell with the dealer...that'll get you somewhere :unsure: Rather than that how about go to him with a, "Hey bud, can you help me out some"? After all, you've owned it for X months and now you want to go raise hell with the dealer like they built it or that it was like that exactly when it was there, how do you know for sure? Sorry to be a thread spoiler but being a Service Director comments like that burn me. I know what I do when someone storms in my office like that. I wouldn't go to your job and do that.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's QC, or lack thereof, is no surprise lately, unfortunately. I looked at another new Bronco at the local dealer, cracks in the hardtop and runs in the paint, my interest in it stopped there. The salesman was astounded also, but thanks to this board I'm informed.

I'm more curious about what issues you had with your JL, since my '23 has been an anvil for the 13 months I've had it (knock on wood). Love the thing.

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's why Ford is #1 in recalls and spends a couple billion more in warranty expenses than the next closest manufacturer. The other thing that's true is throwing a ton more $$ at the line workers proves there's no more shits given about what they're building. This is true across all Ford and Lincoln models and the sad part is the Mexico and China built vehicles we've gotten appear to have better build quality than the domestic stuff.

With the nut not fully installed and excessive trash in the paint, it's possible it went through the line and wasn't caught but more than likely it had some defects and was repainted by their "body shop" at the plant. QC there is worse than the line from our experience but FFS, the dealer should've caught that if they did even a half assed PDI.
Can't believe I paid 100K+ with tax for this poor excuse of workmanship.
All the dealer will do is tighten the nut. Just tighten it. Not a big deal.
Appreciate the advice...My concern is the paint on the threads. Bolt will not move under minor efforts. If I do it or Exotica Enhancement dies it and it brakes the inbed in the fiberglass, will Ford fix it or say you screwed it up, it's your problem.
I will let the dealership do it and if it tightens, great. If it fails, they owe me a hood..It is under warranty after all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry for your issues, really am. None are perfect, not even the most expensive or the cheapest. Hell you should see some 6-figure Limited 450's I have seen roll off the truck here. Raising holy hell with the dealer...that'll get you somewhere :unsure: Rather than that how about go to him with a, "Hey bud, can you help me out some"? After all, you've owned it for X months and now you want to go raise hell with the dealer like they built it or that it was like that exactly when it was there, how do you know for sure? Sorry to be a thread spoiler but being a Service Director comments like that burn me. I know what I do when someone storms in my office like that. I wouldn't go to your job and do that.
I have a good rapport with the Sales GM and Service GM. Already talked to them. Not blaming them for Ford's lack of standards..They are, however, the people who PDI the vehicles prior to releasing to the consumer.
I too am a Sales and service director for a dealer with locations in Jersey, MD and Va.
We get people raising hell all the time. Do we like it? No, but if we didn't do our job right, we deserve it and we get rid of employees who don't live up to our standards of operation..
Pretty simple..

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford's QC, or lack thereof, is no surprise lately, unfortunately. I looked at another new Bronco at the local dealer, cracks in the hardtop and runs in the paint, my interest in it stopped there. The salesman was astounded also, but thanks to this board I'm informed.

I'm more curious about what issues you had with your JL, since my '23 has been an anvil for the 13 months I've had it (knock on wood). Love the thing.
Electrical issues, batteries died twice, cameras failed multiple times, screen lock ups, crack in hard top from factory sprayed over from factory..
I loved my TJ, JK and Trailhawks I've owned. None gave me as many headaches as the JL..

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just saw this on another forum regarding a new Raptor R that also missed QC. Clearly $100k+ MSRP vehicles get no more attention than the rest. It's sad.

Chrome trim on Raptor R?? Ford QC is a joke... | Ford Raptor Forum
That's hilarious and sad at the same time. Chrome right side, black rubber on the left side. Wow!
All these new cars are trash. But the Bronco is beautiful trash. I still love it now matter what flaws it has.....
You sound like a jeep guy. Lol! I said the same about jeeps as many do.
I like my Bronco Raptor. I liked my 2014 F150 Raptor. Not a problem with that vehi cle.
Seems like today it's all about how many units you can get out per day, week, month so quality is low on the totem pole. Corporate is all about numbers. Need more units!!!

Trail

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ram 3500, Honda CRV, Charger Hellcat RE
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't believe I paid 100K+ with tax for this poor excuse of workmanship.

Appreciate the advice...My concern is the paint on the threads. Bolt will not move under minor efforts. If I do it or Exotica Enhancement dies it and it brakes the inbed in the fiberglass, will Ford fix it or say you screwed it up, it's your problem.
I will let the dealership do it and if it tightens, great. If it fails, they owe me a hood..It is under warranty after all.
The proper way to do it, would be remove the nut, and wire brush the bolt threads till clean, then tighten the nut.
Sponsored