HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Along the lines of pushing things down the line and stamping them good.

Funny thing, one time I think it was back in 06 or 07 there was a customer with a Mustang complaining of what sounded like something rolling around when making turns. We all drove it, couldn't figure it out. Started taking apart the car. Found a marble with a note taped to it that said "you found me" behind the dash in the HVAC system. In my career we have found all sorts of things, door jams painted a different color (red) on a blue vehicle (Escape), wrong seat colors, missing window regulators, "Hey, the windows don't roll down"...incorrect badging, manual transmission vehicles on the sticker that come in automatic, mismatched tires, all sorts of goodies!

So at the end of the day we are all human and make mistakes, albeit some intentional and some that make you have that WTF look on your face. If you fired everyone who screwed up we would all be fired at some point.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you loosened the hood bolts and broken the paint seal....?
You understand how vehicles are top coated, right?
Look at it closer, the paint is on the bolt stem. It came from the factory like that. Flip thinks they repainted during assembly and didn't QC afterwards.

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The proper way to do it, would be remove the nut, and wire brush the bolt threads till clean, then tighten the nut.
Agreed.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is really not a big deal . Take the nut off , clean the threads yourself or let the dealer do it. It's actually a statement about how Ford uses 2 bolts & nutz when one obviously does the job. Everyone should be happy Ford builds in such redundancy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A one step correction should eliminate most of the defects in the clear coat not sure what your detailer is doing. The install process on the hood uses electronic torque guns that shut the line down if it’s torqued to spec. Either the bolt is stripped and it hit the torque spec or it was kicked down the line by someone (management) with a key to turn the line on and ship the bronco. My 392 wrangler was delivered in shitty condition the dealership paid for my detailer to do a full paint correction.
It's in between the clear coat and paint. They did the correction and it is below.
Exotica Enhancement is one of the best in my area. They did my Jeep and it was ridiculous..
They know what they are doing..Highest google ratings in the area..

20240327_145822.jpg

20240327_145742.jpg

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A one step correction should eliminate most of the defects in the clear coat not sure what your detailer is doing. The install process on the hood uses electronic torque guns that shut the line down if it’s torqued to spec. Either the bolt is stripped and it hit the torque spec or it was kicked down the line by someone (management) with a key to turn the line on and ship the bronco. My 392 wrangler was delivered in shitty condition the dealership paid for my detailer to do a full paint correction.
Ford has been using nut runners that track both torque and number of thread rotations. I would say your second idea is more likely.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Note the paint on the threads of that bolt. It was loose from factory.

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Haven't touched the bolts. Came like that from assembly. Threads painted above indicate so.

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I waited 16 months for my Base Model.
I wonder how much longer the Braptor delivery would be delayed for the factory to catch & correct your issue? One would hope 10 minutes, but alas....just send it & hope no one ever finds it? 🤦‍♂️

I hope it gets handled quickly for you!!
Scheduled for Saturday morning. Thanks for positive thoughts my brother!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those the say it's just a loose bolt, just imagine how many other issues there are unseen. It's like we went back to 60's-70's quality before the big 3 had to step up due to foreign competition.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those the say it's just a loose bolt, just imagine how many other issues there are unseen. It's like we went back to 60's-70's quality before the big 3 had to step up due to foreign competition.
100%! When I see visible quality defects it always makes me wonder what invisible or hidden issues there are. I remind myself that fit finish issues are lower priority than safety issues, but the thought is still there.

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On point with this thread:

I was removing the factory bash plate on my 24 raptor a few weeks ago and noticed the two rear most bolts on the little skid plate under the engine were just started in their holes, finger tight.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Built Ford Rough

or something like that…

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's in between the clear coat and paint. They did the correction and it is below.
Exotica Enhancement is one of the best in my area. They did my Jeep and it was ridiculous..
They know what they are doing..Highest google ratings in the area..

20240327_145822.jpg

20240327_145742.jpg
Post the pictures of the paint defects on the bronco I’d like to see.
Sponsored