Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco sport and Bronco are being built worlds apart as in different countries

I have complete faith no loose bolts or missing parts will be sent out of that plant

Issues beyond the control of the assembly process will always crop up but bad workmanship I highly doubt
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather have the recall and them be pro-active to fix things instead of ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug as OEMs have done in the past.

Deleted member 3063

Looking at the numbers of recalls is one measurable, the number of vehicles effective is another.

Here are the manufacturers that had the highest number of recalls over the past five years, according to ISeeCars.com:

General Motors
Recalls: 213
Vehicles affected: 54,942,962

Ford
Recalls: 209
Vehicles affected: 24,892,471

Chrysler
Recalls: 208
Vehicles affected: 40,726,068

Mercedes-Benz
Recalls: 117
Vehicles affected: 3,150,014

Volkswagen
Recalls: 109
Vehicles affected: 6,510,514

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My f-150’s doors still won’t close when it’s cold outside. It’s been a problem on these for years. Guaranteed Broncos will have issues. It’s just a matter of how big and how many

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Be glad it's happening to the sport so they can fix it for our Broncos.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It ebbs and flows by manufacturer. Explorer killed Ford recently, Toyota is leading recalls in 2020. Ford had very high warranty costs recently, so hopefully they have their eye on the ball with the Bronco. The MAP plant has a great reputation and the Ranger has been very good out of that plant. As mentioned, Bronco Sport shares no parts, plant or design with Bronco.

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always been told, never buy the first year of anything, my grandpa told me that, my uncles, my dad, my dads friends....etc, but I bought 17 super duty 6.7, put 100,000 on it it in 3 yrs, oil changes only. No mechanical problems. Recalls were block heater cable, somthibg with sparking seat belt restrains, and super duty had possibly door lock freezing problems. But up here in the puget sound we don't get that cold. So really no issues that would say are major, and it was the first run of the new body style, power train same as previous years. So I dunno I willing to roll the dice. Mainly because after I watched the bronco reveal I cound't hold my wad and had to have it. Plus I'm turning 40 in April, so I needed a midlife crisis vehicle. It was gonna be a 2021 gt500, but wife was kinda bitching about the price, then bronco reveal and out goes the gt500, in with the bronco, and wife was more happy with that because I have a lead foot.

Deleted member 3063

My f-150’s doors still won’t close when it’s cold outside. It’s been a problem on these for years. Guaranteed Broncos will have issues. It’s just a matter of how big and how many
There was a recall on that problem, 2015-2018 F150s, that identified the root problem was the actuator cable. Hope you can get some remedy on that. There was a lawsuit.
My wifes 05 Montego had that problem but a TSB to install a water shield fixed it pronto.
https://www.consumerreports.org/consumerist/ford-recalls-1-1m-trucks-over-doors-that-dont-stay-shut/

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford recently has been much high than GM.
It's funny you mention this and then this post occurs later.
I'd rather have the recall and them be pro-active to fix things instead of ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug as OEMs have done in the past.
GM is notorious for not repairing things and hiding them. It seems GM only does a recall if a class action lawsuit results. GM actually created a death fund for the ignition recall and kept it hidden for a decade. Then there is their self deploying air bag issues in which they have forced people to pay for the repair. That's a $7,000 bill. They are still jerking around ZL1 Camaro owners even though they acknowledge it on their trucks and the sensor is the same part.

A different but similar issue happened with the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky.
There is an issue with the passenger Air Bag sensor. They recalled and paid for the repair on other GM brands like Cadillac but forced the Pontiac and Saturn owners to fork out $1200. An admin on a forum took it upon himself to gather a bunch of information and submit it to the NHTSA, create a petition, collect signatures and after almost 2 years, GM was forced to fix it. They have still done a shit job on that though.

I don't mind recalls if the company owns it and takes care of it with no cost to the consumer.
No one is perfect, a big part of Good Customer Service is acknowledging a mistake and fixing it.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny you mention this and then this post occurs later.

GM is notorious for not repairing things and hiding them. It seems GM only does a recall if a class action lawsuit results. GM actually created a death fund for the ignition recall and kept it hidden for a decade. Then there is their self deploying air bag issues in which they have forced people to pay for the repair. That's a $7,000 bill. They are still jerking around ZL1 Camaro owners even though they acknowledge it on their trucks and the sensor is the same part.

A different but similar issue happened with the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky.
There is an issue with the passenger Air Bag sensor. They recalled and paid for the repair on other GM brands like Cadillac but forced the Pontiac and Saturn owners to fork out $1200. An admin on a forum took it upon himself to gather a bunch of information and submit it to the NHTSA, create a petition, collect signatures and after almost 2 years, GM was forced to fix it. They have still done a shit job on that though.

I don't mind recalls if the company owns it and takes care of it with no cost to the consumer.
No one is perfect, a big part of Good Customer Service is acknowledging a mistake and fixing it.
ford’s warranty expense consistently ran below 2% 10 years ago. they now have topped 3% with a high of 4.3% in q2 in 2020.

the warranty costs are 2 billion higher than GM in 2020.

this issue has been acknowledged by Farley which is why he is now holding suppliers accountable when they have a recall.

Sponsored

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, well GM hasn’t done a recall on my POS 2017 Silverado 1500 transmission with hard shifting issues. And there is a class action on that. So I’ll give Ford the benefit of the doubt and appreciate that they execute recalls when appropriate instead of ignoring the issue and screwing customers.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the warranty costs are 2 billion higher than GM in 2020.
My Point, which you seem to have missed, Is that GM doesn't admit or repair their issues, and Ford does.

The post just below yours backs up my statement

Yeah, well GM hasn’t done a recall on my POS 2017 Silverado 1500 transmission with hard shifting issues. And there is a class action on that. So I’ll give Ford the benefit of the doubt and appreciate that they execute recalls when appropriate instead of ignoring the issue and screwing customers.

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

👆exactly. Maybe Ford does a recall and Chevy sticks with their “could not replicate the issue” standard line from dealers. No matter that I’ve pumped a half million dollars of rolling steel through their lot and have five kids which will NOT be driving GM now.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no clue about Fords mexican operations, but when I worked for GM the Silao Facility was notorious for silly stuff like this and they could never get it under control. They had dedicated, hard working employees, but there are just cultural differences there. If they were low on bolts it was no big deal to send a few thousand units out with some missing here and there. I haven't looked in a while, but you could go on a dealer lot and pick out a Silao truck from a Fort Wayne truck from 10 feet away.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't bought a new car in a long time that hasn't had a recall issued. Most have only been a reprogramming of one of the computers. As stated above, I'm just glad Ford is being pro-active. If history tells us anything, like the '19 Ranger that had a couple reprogramming recalls, there may be a few recalls on the first year Broncos. But hopefully, again like the Ranger, the second year Bronco will be good to go.
Sponsored