Sponsored

Ford Tonneau Cover Can't Be Installed With Hardtop On?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the Ford 4-door tonneau cover last summer and never had a chance to put it on. So I took the whole hardtop off today to do a bunch of little projects and just got to the point of installing the tonneau cover and it looks like it can't be installed with the hardtop on. In other words, every time I want to take the top off I'd have to re-install this thing and can't keep it installed when I want to put the hardtop back on. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Sponsored

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put mine in with my hard top, I had to take the top off first of course then enjoyed it a few days then put my hard top back on over the best top mesh top

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put mine in with my hard top, I had to take the top off first of course then enjoyed it a few days then put my hard top back on over the best top mesh top
I think you’re referring to a Bimini sunshade. I’m talking about the ford tonneau cover that covers the cargo area when you have the top off.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the Ford 4-door tonneau cover last summer and never had a chance to put it on. So I took the whole hardtop off today to do a bunch of little projects and just got to the point of installing the tonneau cover and it looks like it can't be installed with the hardtop on. In other words, every time I want to take the top off I'd have to re-install this thing and can't keep it installed when I want to put the hardtop back on. Is this correct or am I missing something?
I would say you are correct. Plus I don’t like how you have to unhook the rear straps from the swinging tailgate to open it up. It’s a nice finish when installed with the top and doors off but it wasn’t designed to install under the hardtop

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would say you are correct. Plus I don’t like how you have to unhook the rear straps from the swinging tailgate to open it up. It’s a nice finish when installed with the top and doors off but it wasn’t designed to install under the hardtop
Real bummer. I live in an area with random rain storms in the summer and need to be able to put on the roof at a moment's notice. Having to uninstall and reinstall this thing every time I need to put the roof on/off is probably too much hastle.

I may just get this from Mabbett: https://www.amazon.com/Mabett-Bronco-Accessories-Retractable-Security/dp/B0B19FYJWB

Might be a little less secure, but it can remain installed with the top on. Mainly just want to secure things from blowing out while driving, and provide a bit of a theft deterrent from keeping things in the back out of eye sight.
Sponsored