First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In an effort to understand the Ford Trail Control for Off-Road feature, I found the following two videos helpful.

So now the important question. How do you engage Trail Control in the 2021 Bronco? In the videos which show the 2019 Ranger, there is a switch. We know the Hero switches in the Bronco do not have one devoted to Trail Control. I thought perhaps it was embedded within the GOAT modes and more specifically the Rock mode. However, Rock mode can only be engaged in 4L whereas Trail Control can be engaged in 2H, 4H and 4L. Also, we know Rock mode is only available in the Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition models. In reviewing the Ford documentation for each of the seven models, it is available on all models if you select the automatic transmission. So now, I am at a loss for how to engage Trail Control!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could it be in the electronic interface in the main screen?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could it be in the electronic interface in the main screen?
I agree. Now we just need to obtain a demo. Maybe someday?!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In an effort to understand the Ford Trail Control for Off-Road feature, I found the following two videos helpful.

So now the important question. How do you engage Trail Control in the 2021 Bronco? In the videos which show the 2019 Ranger, there is a switch. We know the Hero switches in the Bronco do not have one devoted to Trail Control.
Where was that deduced? As for other locations for that switch it could be the center of the range selector, though I still think it is one of the Hero buttons.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where was that deduced? As for other locations for that switch it could be the center of the range selector, though I still think it is one of the Hero buttons.
The on/off for trail control is located at the center of the GOAT modes dial.

Ford Bronco Ford Trail Control for Off-Road Explained Trail Control

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trail control is initiated like the cruise control. In the Raptor I drove at the Raptor Attack School it was controlled identically to cruise control.

this show the engagement button.

Deleted member 13702

So, probably discussed before, but I’ll ask anyway. Is one pedal driving and trail control only offered on the 6 cyl?

I have tried to find it on fords website but can’t find a reference.

There’s a video at king of the hammers while guy is out for a ride that states Trail Control is available on everything but the manual.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, probably discussed before, but I’ll ask anyway. Is one pedal driving and trail control only offered on the 6 cyl?

I have tried to find it on fords website but can’t find a reference.

Video at king of the hammers while guy is out for a ride states that Trail Control is available on everything but the manual.
Search for the GOAT Modes Explained video by BN. They cover the GOAT modes and the trail control.

Deleted member 13702

Search for the GOAT Modes Explained video by BN. They cover the GOAT modes and the trail control.
Thanks, I’ll have to watch that video again since I don’t remember them talking about the engine choice in relation to the modes.

It will be nice when Ford dealers have the mannequins so we can climb all over them, then some of this info might stick in my head better.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, I’ll have to watch that video again since I don’t remember them talking about the engine choice in relation to the modes.

It will be nice when Ford dealers have the mannequins so we can climb all over them, then some of this info might stick in my head better.
I should clarify in that the video demo had the 2.7L. BN had to correct some info on the video as they originally stated the TTA was linked to the 2.7, but the next day corrected the info that it was a function of the 10sp Auto. In the demo video, the Trail Control was on the center dial of the GOAT dial. On the 2.3L, the TC button is missing on the center dial.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Trail Control button is in the center of the GOAT mode dial.
Push once for Trail Control (like cruise control but between 0.5mph and higher), and push twice for One Pedal mode (automatic brake engagement when gas pedal isn't pressed).

Trail Turn assist is the far right (left of hazards) of the HERO buttons.
Please don't use this on pavement, as it may damage your differentials/lockers.

Speeds for both are controlled by the up and down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel.
Great feature when off roading, but I revert to going to 4L, manual mode, and 1st gear when going downhill, mainly because I'm used to this method more.
Sponsored