First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anybody have Ford Windshield Care or know what it costs? Is it worth considering? 2024 Raptor
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't recall where, probably in the Granger Extended Warranty thread, but this has been discussed. IIRC it only covered smaller things like chip repairs but actual replacements weren't covered (and I could totally be misremembering). I *do* recall that once I looked into it it didn't make sense for ME but I have a pretty complete set of coverage from my insurer. The potential value will differ for each individual depending upon what other coverages they might have and/or the perceived risk of encountering conditions that this Ford program might cover.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a repair and replacement from the dealership, think it’s Allstate or something. Been a year and no cracks or chips, but didn’t want it to all fall on my insurance.

I do go off-road and any truck with upright windshields will get cracked eventually either on the highway or in the dirt, so read the fine print on the one being offered and ask if the dealer has another option just in case.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Ford windshield coverage as a package along with the Paintless Dent Repair and the Tire/Wheel. The whole package ran me like $650 for 5 years. Windshield coverage is for chips and cracks up to 4", but no windshield replacement.

For the $45 a year, figured it was worth it for chips/small cracks rather than having to go through my insurance for that small stuff.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ford windshield coverage as a package along with the Paintless Dent Repair and the Tire/Wheel. The whole package ran me like $650 for 5 years. Windshield coverage is for chips and cracks up to 4", but no windshield replacement.

For the $45 a year, figured it was worth it for chips/small cracks rather than having to go through my insurance for that small stuff.
Yeah, like I said, it's going to vary for everyone depending on the full combo of various coverages they might have. For my insurer small stuff like that I can just go directly to a windshield repair shop like Safelite and not even have to file a claim, Safelite does it all directly (and my policy has $0 deductible so no out of pocket). When I needed a chip repair for my Acura I just drove in to Safelite, had some coffee while I read my Kindle, and drove out within about an hour. So this particular policy doesn't provide value for ME but that's not to say it doesn't for others.
Sponsored