Sponsored

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That has to be about the most disappointing app update I've ever seen....

No real new features.
  • Am I supposed to be excited that I don't have to hold the button down to lock my doors. Or that I can slide to start. Oh -Happy Happy Joy Joy..... My world is so much better.
  • Let's bury things like Oil Life and Tire Pressure deeper in the interface.
  • Take away access to information like Warranty coverage.
  • And my service history now shows that I've had my truck serviced at a Ford dealer that hasn't existed in YEARS..... and when it did they were 300 miles away!
  • Hold your Broncos. I stand corrected. New feature alert - I can now beep my horn and flash my lights remotely when I'm lost in a parking lot and I can't see my taller than just about everything else vehicle. I know not everyone driving a Ford has a Bronco and old people driving a Lincoln need help finding their vehicle when they inevitably forget where they parked. Yes I resemble that demographic.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can't wait for 5.0.1
- dark mode on iOS doesn't exist (despite phone settings)
- onboarding was rough; had to restart then all the "flashing"? idk how to explain but it seems I got passed all that on subsequent openings
- UI - likes: The lock/unlock big buttons and the slider to turn it on; feel they went with a google type design system there.
- UI - dislikes:
- there's a lot of room for the image of the truck and "Vehicle parked". I know... it's parked... why do we need that much real-estate for a non-functional 'status'? When I'm driving does it say "driving"? and why would I care if I can't use the app while driving? Anyway.
- Some stuff like oil SITREP is 3-4 clicks in... if there's "active alerts" that should be right up front on the main truck page - maybe where "vehicle parked" is at.
- The Tire pressure image isn't my truck... assuming everybody's defaults to an F-150? Make it our vehicle; expected and a nice touch.

otherwise... feels okay; looking forward to point release patches.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Since the update I can't use the app to lock/unlock my '23 Bronco. Start/stop works fine. I reverted to the old version and still can't. It works fine with my '19 F150. I contacted support today and they stated there is a known issue with the lock/unlock not working on '23MY and they are working on it.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just updated on my Android. Lots of stuff now gone missing - tire pressure, manual, etc...

Seems all I get now is range left, location, lock/unlock buttons and remote start slider.

Will see if anything comes back when I drive it next. Otherwise, this version is a step backwards for me. I don't use it much anyway.

At least the image is still a 4dr CO soft top.
Click on Service, then Vehicle Health.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rockstars.

Somewhere in the bowels of FoMoCo:
"Okay, how much do we have to spend to meet the minimum of what we might be legally obligated to provide with this app?"

"Okay, go 10% below that. No Ford owner has the legal resources to fight us over that."

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So, did they bring back the ability to enter your own maintenance?

Sandy56

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had it for about a week or two now. The one thing that really annoys me about it is you need a passcode on the Apple Watch (not sure about others but most likely) to start the Bronco from my watch/use any remote features. You used to not need one… wish that would go away

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rockstars.

Somewhere in the bowels of FoMoCo:
"Okay, how much do we have to spend to meet the minimum of what we might be legally obligated to provide with this app?"

"Okay, go 10% below that. No Ford owner has the legal resources to fight us over that."
They put the Trail App team on it. 😄

Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Among other things I notice it no longer tells you when the vehicle location was last updated. I cannot seem to force it to refresh either.

It seems to give us less information rather than more. With these vehicles already smarter than I am, I would think the app could tell us much more, not less.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tried to use new version to schedule maintenance appt and when it gets to date/time there’s a box at bottom that blocks the ability to tap on date/time. 🤦🏻‍♂️

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It just popped up on my apps to update but now I’m not sure if I want to just yet. For those that have would you recommend to go ahead or wait it out?

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had it for a week or so. I like the old one better, but whatever. It's not like it's gonna kill me or anything, so I'll live with it.

I do kinda like the dark mode, though
Sponsored