First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why in the world would I want this app at all?? Ford seems to want me to get it to make it easier for them…good reason for me not to get it imho…but I am old…
LOL, I feel for you and in the end it’s all about getting deeper into your wallet, they sell your data to companies like Lexus Nexus who in turn sell it to your insurance companies, etc…
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford’s track record with app updates is shaky at best, I’m not real enthused about this.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why in the world would I want this app at all?? Ford seems to want me to get it to make it easier for them…good reason for me not to get it imho…but I am old…
Why would you want the update? Or why want the app, period?

The app is useful for checking oil life, scheduling service and monitoring rewards points (if you have the FordPass credit card). But the #1 thing I use it for is remote start. Yeah, I have that on the FOB but the FOB has a range limitation. The app uses cellular technology so - if you’ve got service - you can remote start the Bronco. Like, inside a restaurant as the check is delivered. Or in mall. Helps make sure the inside is all warmed up when I get there on those cold Montana winter days.

If none of that interests you - then you are 100% right. Good that you didn’t get it. That’s why God made so many kinds of people. Not everybody uses every feature.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still says my Bronco is located at 1 American Road, Dearborn, MI. Just 2k+ miles off, not sure why it stopped working and what will fix it.
Mine also . Had to check the garage camera to make sure it was still there.

Big step backward IMO. No zone lighting control , Lost ability to add user service info , Oil life and tire pressure buried a few swipes in & now when I do check tire pressure it looks like a F-150 on skateboard wheels. At least it's not a side view of a Carolina squatted Toyota though.

Sponsored

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I have the old version 4.7, and I don't see anything about warranty, base or my ESP, and don't remember ever seeing it. I am on Android Samsung S22 Ultra. Maybe that was IOS only.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. The "public" API still hasn't been released, and recent changes to the FordPass API have broken the ability of the app to log in. The app still works for anyone who has previously logged in as the API for refreshing tokens is unchanged for now.
Agree. There is a problem with the updated app

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine also . Had to check the garage camera to make sure it was still there.

Big step backward IMO. No zone lighting control , Lost ability to add user service info , Oil life and tire pressure buried a few swipes in & now when I do check tire pressure it looks like a F-150 on skateboard wheels. At least it's not a side view of a Carolina squatted Toyota though.
Another nerd changing something for the worse.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The new 5.0 version of FordPass has officially launched and is available in app stores! Design seems much nicer, there's now a dark mode, and slide to start is much easier than holding the button down and watching it spin.

IMG_0553.PNG
It stinks!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

The app is useful for checking oil life, scheduling service and monitoring rewards points (if you have the FordPass credit card). But the #1 thing I use it for is remote start. Yeah, I have that on the FOB but the FOB has a range limitation. The app uses cellular technology so - if you’ve got service - you can remote start the Bronco. Like, inside a restaurant as the check is delivered. Or in mall. Helps make sure the inside is all warmed up when I get there on those cold Montana winter days.

If none of that interests you - then you are 100% right. Good that you didn’t get it. That’s why God made so many kinds of people. Not everybody uses every feature.
yes I am not interested in any of those things (I can figure out maintenance times, don’t have a ford cc and no use for remote start here (may get to 100 or freezing 1-2 days a year)) so I am missing nothing not installing the app at all…don’t have an app for refrigerator, coffee maker, washer or toaster either…

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I miss zone lighting and the manual. bring them back. add stuff, font delete them FORD.

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
Location is not working on mine. Everything else works.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tried disconnecting the battery and everything is working but the location.

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But we all have to pay for it one way or another whether or not we use it or not.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately us down to earth types have to pay for this nonsense whether we want it or not.
Sponsored