Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They must have done an update earlier this week.... mine had not been working since February 6th and Monday I was finally able to authorize my vehicle again and it's up and working perfectly :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI This affects MY23 broncos and F150’s, ford to release an update supposedly later this month to address the modem and Wi-Fi turning off

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They must have done an update earlier this week.... mine had not been working since February 6th and Monday I was finally able to authorize my vehicle again and it's up and working perfectly :)
That’s exactly the same date
mine stopped and Monday came back on. But last night it stopped again but it’s on the train coming to me in NC and I’m wondering if they’re in areas traveling where’s there’s no signal to access on my end through my phone app. Is that how it works?

Ford Bronco FordPass stopped working, ford says… F3E9439C-F021-45B3-8D69-B2BD5DB52452

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s exactly the same date
mine stopped and Monday came back on. But last night it stopped again but it’s on the train coming to me in NC and I’m wondering if they’re in areas traveling where’s there’s no signal to access on my end through my phone app. Is that how it works?

Ford Bronco FordPass stopped working, ford says… F3E9439C-F021-45B3-8D69-B2BD5DB52452
Could certainly be somewhere there is no reception... the app seems like such a trivial thing, but you really miss it when it's down!

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FordPass stopped working 5 days after we took delivery (1/27), no more position (gps), remote start, lock/unlock, etc. Tried deleting users and re-adding, tried resetting FordPass, tried master reset, now it won’t get the signal from ford to the radio about the reset. Called ford and the nice lady on the phone said it’s a “known issue” since mid December and an “OTA update was coming” in later February to fix. And I noticed my wifi doesn’t see available networks either, even sitting in the bronco with my phone’s hotspot.

Anyone else with a MY’23 that FordPass quit working, or possible an older bronco, but you’ve updated to the latest sync and it quit working?
Mine stopped as well. Same story from Ford.

Sponsored

Smiffer

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dangit. Add me to the group. Was working fine Tuesday morning now not anymore.

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was having all of these issues too.
Today I disconnected my battery for 10 minutes and once reconnected, all issues were resolved. My FordPass works again and I was able to tie into my home Wi-Fi network so that I will be able to receive OTA updates.

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can confirm the recommended fix action of disconnecting and then reconnecting the negative battery terminal. For me, I disconnected the battery cable on the negative terminal side, waited a full 10 mins, then reconnected. Everything came back alive. Connectivity, maps, etc. Ford Pass is now updating and communicating properly. What I don't know is how long this will last. Maybe 24 hrs, maybe months?? The hope is by defibrillating the Bronco, the modem will see whatever supposed update Ford is pushing out that actually fixes this known issue permanently.

Last edited:

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can confirm the recommended fix action of disconnecting and then reconnecting the negative battery terminal. For me, I disconnected the battery cable on the negative terminal side, waited a full 10 mins, then reconnected. Everything came back alive. Connectivity, maps, etc. Ford Pass is now updating and communicating properly. What I don't know is how long this will last. Maybe 24 hrs, maybe months?? The hope is by defibrillation the Bronco, the modem will see whatever supposed update Ford is pushing out that actually fixes this known issue permanently.
I'm in the negative results group, disconnecting the battery did not resolve the issue. However, after making changes in forscan (double honk, etc) connectivity was restored.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just talk to Ford today about this they said an update for the modems were supposed to come out in February but the problem is more complicated than they thought, the new software should be coming out in June to correct this problem

Sponsored

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just talk to Ford today about this they said an update for the modems were supposed to come out in February but the problem is more complicated than they thought, the new software should be coming out in June to correct this problem
Oh that's fantastic (insert sarcasm here)

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2023. Same thing happened to me. I pulled fuse 20 which controls the modem, and it fixed the issue. Have not lost connectivity since.

Here's how you get to the fuse panel:

UPDATE!!! Wouldn't you know it, I lost connectivity again yesterday, so I pulled fuse 20, and NO DICE. Didn't work this time. UGH. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to give anyone false hope.

Last edited:

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Similar issue - I lost connectivity. Pulled the neg battery for 30 mins, and then connectivity and ford pass started working again.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also lost connection on Thursday this week, with only 200 miles on my Bronco. Pulled the #20 fuse and waited 20 minutes, then reinstall #20 fuse and still no connection. I will try the battery disconnect later today.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I also lost connection on Thursday this week, with only 200 miles on my Bronco. Pulled the #20 fuse and waited 20 minutes, then reinstall #20 fuse and still no connection. I will try the battery disconnect later today.
I did the fuse thing first. Didnt work. So tried the battery disconnect. That did it.
Sponsored