First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, MIC, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine stopped less than a week into owning it. Ford said fix will be an OTA by April but believe it when I see it.
Sponsored

Prowarbler

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Disconnect reconnect battery did the trick for now. Ridiculous this is an issue on these vehicles. There should be a hard reset on yhe touch display if this is going to be an on going issue. My 2021 has not had this happen once.

Chinook146

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe it seems too simple to me...but can't they just push an update that automatically resets the modem if it hasn't connected in XX number of hours? Or make that a selectable option in the settings?

OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it seems too simple to me...but can't they just push an update that automatically resets the modem if it hasn't connected in XX number of hours? Or make that a selectable option in the settings?
I think something like that is coming. I had a cheap security camera/NVR setup for work and every night at 2am it would reboot just for this reason, to get the bugs out. Only took 25 seconds and it was back up and running.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine stopped for about a month. Started working again for about a month. Now stopped working again. Guess what... Working again this morning. Weird it's just our 2023. Our 2021 has never had a problem.

Sponsored

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've owned my Bronco for 3 months and it's modem stopped working 3 times already. Is this the system-wide problem or specific to certain vehicles? Quite annoying

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY23 did the same thing, I ended up getting it back after pulling the neg connection at the battery. this was maybe a week ago.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disconnect reconnect battery did the trick for now. Ridiculous this is an issue on these vehicles. There should be a hard reset on yhe touch display if this is going to be an on going issue. My 2021 has not had this happen once.
I just did this and it worked for me. I was able to pull the #20 fuse a month or so ago when it stopped the first time, but that didn't work this time. I kept the negative cable disconnected for 15 minutes. It's easy as there's only one nut to loosen.

OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've owned my Bronco for 3 months and it's modem stopped working 3 times already. Is this the system-wide problem or specific to certain vehicles? Quite annoying
Started with MY’23, fix coming in June…

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Started with MY’23, fix coming in June…
Is that officially documented somewhere? Should I go to dealership or just wait till my 1st service interval (this summer).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that officially documented somewhere? Should I go to dealership or just wait till my 1st service interval (this summer).
There’s a few of us that have called FordPass tech support and were told the same thing. The fix will be an over the air (OTA) update, so you’re going to want to keep the 4G and wifi going to download update to sync 4.

Chinook146

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Battery disconnect worked for me also. I guess I'll monitor it to see for how long. I use google assistant to start it every morning so I'll know right away

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just did this and it worked for me. I was able to pull the #20 fuse a month or so ago when it stopped the first time, but that didn't work this time. I kept the negative cable disconnected for 15 minutes. It's easy as there's only one nut to loosen.
Do you have to reset everything on the screen again after you reconnect?

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have to reset everything on the screen again after you reconnect?
No, surprisingly I didn't. that said, I'm not sure if I was supposed to press the start button or something to drain any residual power. I left it off for ~15 minutes.

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, surprisingly I didn't. that said, I'm not sure if I was supposed to press the start button or something to drain any residual power. I left it off for ~15 minutes.
Ok that’s good to know. Mines been off since the 15th. This is atleast the third or forth time it happened. All those other times it was at the ford plant after they activated the FordPass there. I was able to see action from my end and it went out every so often while it was sitting in Michigan since January
Sponsored