Sponsored

Fords infotainment system KEEPS YOUR DATA FROM YOUR PHONE, txt, pics, files, contacts, ect... 😡🤬💩

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's right folks your new fancy Dancy infotainment Center keeps all of your data forever your text your pictures your files your location history everything that you ever had on your phone is stored Forever on your infotainment Center...what worse is YOU cannot access this data, remove or delete it.
horrible encroachment on your security, safety and privacy.

here is information for the non believers, that trust the government to do what's best for them.

https://theintercept.com/2021/05/03/car-surveillance-berla-msab-cbp/
Sponsored

0bx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your article mentions SMS and call logs. This is normal, they are totally unencrypted forms of communication. Your cell provider has copies too, btw. If you send pics over SMS then you should stop doing that.

Location history has to be enabled through the infotainment.

Your article doesn't even have the word "photos" anywhere on the page. Photos are encrypted on the phone and can't be read by apps unless permission is granted - a permission that Sync doesn't ask for.

Saying they store "Everything on your phone forever" is sensationalist and wrong.

This is a better article of what Ford is doing: https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/ford/

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your article mentions SMS and call logs. This is normal, they totally unencrypted forms of communication. Your cell provider has copies too, btw.

Location history has to be enabled through the infotainment.

Your article doesn't even have the word "photos" anywhere on the page. Photos are encrypted on the phone and can't be read by apps unless permission is granted - a permission that Sync doesn't ask for.

Sensationalism much?
so funny , go ahead and defend something you don't understand...

"Vehicle systems store a vast amount of data such as recent destinations, favorite locations, call logs, contact lists, SMS messages, emails, pictures, videos, social media feeds, and the navigation history of everywhere the vehicle has been."

https://berla.co/berla-and-msab-announce-strategic-partnership/

for those that want to learn instead of put their head in the sand...(or boxing this up as a conspiracy theory)

I suggest reading the blog from this website.

Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does this thread remind me of the Facebook post that copy and paste a message blah blah blah Facebook don’t copy my info etc. Information is constantly being siphoned by society and is the major source of income for the tech industry, so this is all kinda duh.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't connected my phone to the Bronco or activated SirusXM and I don't plan on it, since it will be sold or traded, on what I currently have on order, next year. (unless the Dealer tries to pull a fast one on me because of the UAW)

I have no intention of doing it on that vehicle either.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Assuming that this basically defeats the purpose of RCS messaging then sick.

Guess I'd better get back to work on that thermite kill switch in the Bronco.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why does this thread remind me of the Facebook post that copy and paste a message blah blah blah Facebook don’t copy my info etc. Information is constantly being siphoned by society and is the major source of income for the tech industry, so this is all kinda duh.
I agree this is embedded everywhere nowdays, however
it's only a matter of time before a lawsuit is successful...that last one just needed better attys.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well that really sucks…

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure every app on your phone does this as well. I mean they ask for permissions to files, pictures etc. and if you decline you cant use the apps. your phone is always listening and tracking you. This wont scare me from driving my Bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.