Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It seems when using AC it will stay on, w/o AC on it won't. I actually don't like recirc and would prefer it to be off in AC. I have to manually shut it off at each start w AC on.
Sponsored

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well here its dusty almost year round and currenlty experiencing forest fire smoke, which has become a yearly event it seems. I wonder if the emergency services (Fire, ambulance) area in the programming would help?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody know if I can change the way the recirculate button works with Forscan? I want it to stay on when I turn it on. Right now, it randomly turns off - usually when I directly behind a diesel truck with his foot on the pedal!
I found if you just use AC and not Max AC it will remain in fresh most the time unless you use auto start from the fob or app.

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jumping in on this because it is seriously annoying. Tons of wildfire smoke right now and the recirc will not stay on no matter what. Seriously need a way to change this.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only workaround I’ve found is to set the temp to Max AC then you can turn down the fan and it’ll stay on. Will turn back off if you change the temp though.

Last edited:

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be nice to have the option on a dusty trail, in a big line of vehicles, to leave the recirc on. One of the plusses of the bronco is that it is sealed up pretty well and won't get dust everywhere in it if you keep the recirc on. Maybe ford can OTA update that or something.

a143gsxr

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just bought my bronco and immediately went to two different Ford dealerships asking service how to fix the recirc to stay on and they both had no clue. I jumped in the forums and found this thread. I started a case with Ford yesterday. This should be a simple fix in programming once Ford gets to it. At 75mph without recirc on its loud and windy in the cab. So dang annoying.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just bought my bronco and immediately went to two different Ford dealerships asking service how to fix the recirc to stay on and they both had no clue. I jumped in the forums and found this thread. I started a case with Ford yesterday. This should be a simple fix in programming once Ford gets to it. At 75mph without recirc on its loud and windy in the cab. So dang annoying.
Don’t hold your breath. There is nothing to fix, it working exactly as designed, no matter how annoying it is.

a143gsxr

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don’t hold your breath. There is nothing to fix, it working exactly as designed, no matter how annoying it is.
Ford can change the A/C control module programming to stay on Recirc with an update. They just need enough of us to say we don’t prefer their current programming. So there is most certainly something for Ford to Fix/change.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford can change the A/C control module programming to stay on Recirc with an update. They just need enough of us to say we don’t prefer their current programming. So there is most certainly something for Ford to Fix/change.
Nope. It’s done for safety reasons. Will not be changed.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I was losing it when mine did this since my mustang never did. It def has to do with that under 60 degrees thing someone else posted

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s definitely annoying. It barely stays on a minute at a time.
So as fall proceeded I experimented. I know now that if the outside temp reads 61 or above - Recirc will stay on unless in window defogger mode only.

Any time below 61… which is nearly all year here, turns off in 1 minute. Wildfire smoke at 54? Tough sh*t. Diesel? Too bad. Dusty trail people ahead of you? *HA HA*

1 minute is wildly inadequate even for a traffic light in most cities.
Sponsored