First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've installed the Mabett pods with Kicker KS speakers in my 2023 Bronco (base stereo, subwoofer delete). So far this is the only equipment change I've made to the system. I have Forscan and made the 727-01-02 change to turn the EQ off. To get better frequency response out of the pods, should I also be making a change in second hextet (red "X's") of the 727-01-01 line (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) to change them from the factory "Tweeter" designations to "Speaker" designations? Thanks in advance for any guidance. I've consumed close to a hundred pages of very helpful forum content on the Bronco stereo mods, but didn't find this particular item yet. Thanks again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mainrotor

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've installed the Mabett pods with Kicker KS speakers in my 2023 Bronco (base stereo, subwoofer delete). So far this is the only equipment change I've made to the system. I have Forscan and made the 727-01-02 change to turn the EQ off. To get better frequency response out of the pods, should I also be making a change in second hextet (red "X's") of the 727-01-01 line (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) to change them from the factory "Tweeter" designations to "Speaker" designations? Thanks in advance for any guidance. I've consumed close to a hundred pages of very helpful forum content on the Bronco stereo mods, but didn't find this particular item yet. Thanks again.
I did the change to "speaker" on the rears as well as the EQ shutoff, and it sounds pretty good now. I have the Mabbet pods with Kicker 6.75's, plus Kickers in the dash and kick panels, and the Key 200.4 amp.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Simple answer is yes.

Sponsored

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you put 6” kicker KS or 6.75” kicker KS in the Mabett speaker pods?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the guidance. I was actually able to find a specific reference to changing the rear pod forscan codes for best frequency response with larger speakers in one of the Ragnar.kon posts in the Forscan/tuning forum.
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm guessing the change you made is the one you originally asked about, just set the rear pods to full and speaker/sub?

xxxx-2Axx-xxxx

OP
OP

Mainrotor

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that is what I did on the Forscan changes. It’s a while ago. My final configuration is upgraded speakers in the dash, factory kick panel speakers, Mabett pods with 6.75” speakers and kicker amp to run them all. For subwoofer, I put a kicker sub in the factory housing run by a Ford Fusion amp. The system is now a major improvement over what the vehicle came with. It meets my needs and I’m very pleased with it.

AJITO

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @Mainrotor, what were your final hex values in forscan?
I also have,

8' kicker sub, 500.1 amp
Wiring harness to 12'' touchscreen from sub
Rear MTI Pods w/ 6.5 Focal PC 165 FE Expert
Frog GS62 6'' in kick panels,
Frog GS42 4'' in front dash and in center (x3)
Kicker Key 200.4 wired to kick panels and rear pods
Also have a wiring harness to connect these into the 12'' touchscreen

I am very curious on what I need to set in order to optimize the sound.
Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored