Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to share something I learned recently about using ForSCAN AFTER you install the Ford Procal performance tune on your Bronco. It is based on a sample of one; me. This will be a little long, but I include details on how I resolved my issue.

What I learned:

• Any ForSCAN adjustments you made before installing the Ford ProCal tune will remain.
  • Any ForSCAN adjustments in place when installing the Ford ProCal tune will be uploaded to the MotorcraftServices site as your current “As Built"
  • ForSCAN will not be able to connect to your Bronco without entering a strategy/calibration name

Ford Bronco ForSCAN error, after installing the Ford ProCal performance tune error

The trick is you need to find out what the factory strategy/calibration is for your Bronco. Here is how I determined mine:

Step one – pull your "As Built" from Ford (using your VIN) from here: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Step two – Use the “Download Fie” option to get everything in an XML file

Step three - open it with Notepad on your computer (you may have to look for "all files" when opening it and not just "txt" files. It ends in .ab)

Step five – Use the "Find" function (Ctrl-F) and look for “<NODEID>7E0”

Step six – You should have jumped to a section that looks like this:

<NODEID>7E0<F110>DSNB3A-12A650-AAD</F110><F111>MB3A-12B684-RA</F111><F113>MB3A-12A650-AYB</F113><F17F>1BE08WGT</F17F><F188>MB3A-14C204-DJC</F188><F18C>7835114012063</F18C><F190>1FMEE5DPXMLA86428</F190><F1E0>PXNB3A-12A650-AAD</F1E0></NODEID>

The value you are looking for is between the <F188> and </F188> delimiters. In my case, it is MB3A-14C204-DJC. This is what you will need in ForScan so it knows how to interpret the data coming from the PCM. You can Enter it as MB3A-14C204-DJC or MB3ADJC.

After that, ForScan works as normal.

Note: As I mentioned above, all my ForScan updates that were in place before doing the ProCal update are reflected in the download from the Ford Site. As an example, I had modified my panic button to require a double press and eliminated the double honk. Both of those changes are in the "As Built" downloaded. It looks like when you do the ProCal install, it copies your current state up to Ford, and it becomes your "As Built."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are a life saver!! This worked flawlessly!!

I do have one question about disabling the double honk, if you know. Which numbers do I change to 00? The last 4 numbers in the last box are 0095. Do I change the 95 to 00?

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are a life saver!! This worked flawlessly!!

I do have one question about disabling the double honk, if you know. Which numbers do I change to 00? The last 4 numbers in the last box are 0095. Do I change the 95 to 00?
Never mind. I found it!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Note: As I mentioned above, all my ForScan updates that were in place before doing the ProCal update are reflected in the download from the Ford Site. As an example, I had modified my panic button to require a double press and eliminated the double honk. Both of those changes are in the "As Built" downloaded. It looks like when you do the ProCal install, it copies your current state up to Ford, and it becomes your "As Built."
This correct. The "As Built" config updates automatically with the latest config.

The idea is if a module in your vehicle breaks, the dealer has access to the configuration/programming the vehicle was prior to the module going up in smoke.

This is also why it is extremely important to back up you original configuration prior to making modifications. The dealership software (FDRS) does this automatically and it also keeps track of every action taken by the technician while using FDRS. But Forscan obviously does not, so its up to you to back up configs as needed.

-----

Also, do you have the 2.7L?

This wasnt neccesary for me on the 2.3L, but I have had to do it in the past for an Explorer ST tune. Thinking maybe perhaps the 2.7L tune is new enough that the Forscan folks haven't built support for it yet.

OP
OP
DenNut

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, do you have the 2.7L?

This wasnt neccesary for me on the 2.3L, but I have had to do it in the past for an Explorer ST tune. Thinking maybe perhaps the 2.7L tune is new enough that the Forscan folks haven't built support for it yet.
Yes. I have a 2.7L

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. Thank you @DenNut (y) If I ever get around to doing the windows up mod I'll give it a go 🤠.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd I have the tune on my 21' 2.7 and didn't run into this issue when I went in to make some forscan changes a few days ago. Does it ask for that code only when trying to access a specific module?

OP
OP
DenNut

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd I have the tune on my 21' 2.7 and didn't run into this issue when I went in to make some forscan changes a few days ago. Does it ask for that code only when trying to access a specific module?

I'm running:

ProCal v2.962
FORScan v2.3.54

I am prompted for the factory strategy when it first tries to identify the vehicle on initial connection. It could be that my versions do not match yours, but they are both updated to current versions (as far as I know)

searcybronco

Big Bend
First Name
wILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pulled that number from the ford service site and it didn't help my forscan identifiy the vehicle. I've sent a message to Forscan support after buying the year license. My bronco was built 6/14/23. If anyone knows how to get a beta version that's newer then what's posted on Forscans site let me know?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, have not tried it in Forscan yet, but from what I've seen in the module As-Build info, the code is your tear tag minus the first four. I have a Whipple Tune & will try to get to this this weekend, but it appears that this should work.
Thanks again @DenNut (y)

Sponsored

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for figuring this out. Just did my Procal yesterday and this weekend was gonna do the stereo upgrades so would have been at a lose.

Hungy13

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watching this. Just got procal (not installed yet) and have a short list of Forscan mods I still want to do. Thanks for the info!

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is this still necessary with the latest ForScan software? I am planning to check this out tomorrow good thing I found this thread. I just installed the tune on Friday.

Hungy13

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do u think of the tune?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What do u think of the tune?
The tune is great! I love auto start/stop remembering my choice at each start and you can feel the power. BUT where the tune really shines is the adjusted shift points. Shifts much smoother in all modes and doesn't seem to be searching for the right gear at all.

I would def ourchase again. I used some Ford Points but Lethal Performance has a good price. May be even better for Presidents Day though I havent checked.
Sponsored